#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,073 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 25, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Mitch had his presser, here is some highlights via twitter and then I'll send you a link to the page

MITCH KUPCHAK PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES

At the Lakers facility waiting for Mitch Kupchak to address the press. Good to see @mikepenberthy on the court working w/ the guys

Mitch Kupchak enters the full press room: "Oh, this is a treat!"

Kupchak: "With the exception of Kobe, we expect everybody to be able to participate in (the first) practice"

Kupchak said that Pau, Steve Nash and Ryan Kelly might have some limitations at the start of training camp as well

Mitch on Kobe: "No real expectations. I do believe he'll get back and he'll play this season ... You won't be able to tell (he was hurt)"

Mitch on Kobe: "There have been no contract extension talks ... I would suspect sometime this season we'll sit down"

Mitch was asked about Kobe potentially taking a paycut in the future. He declined to answer, saying he would not negotiate in the press

Kupchak: "Excitement is high. It's a fun time of year for our team"

Kupchak said Nash has been at 100 percent for the last 6 weeks or so, but they will limit him in camp to avoid overworking him

Kupchak on Pau Gasol: "If he's healthy, he's going to be an All-Star player"

Fourteen minutes into the presser and Kupchak makes his first mention of "Dwight"

Kupchak said he hasn't seen Kobe on the Lakers practice court all summer, but joked he has suspicion he's playing at some other gym

Mitch Kupchak does not sound like someone who expects to have Kobe Bryant in the lineup on opening night

Mitch Kupchak on recruiting: "Kobe is not going to play to try to lure players to Los Angeles, he's going to play to try to win games"

Mitch Kupchak echoed previous remarks that it's not just about the summer of 2014 in free agency, it's about the summer of 2015 and beyond

Mitch Kupchak on when Kobe will return: "There is no timeline"

Kupchak said that if KB is still out to start the season, D'Antoni would be smart to get to know KB to manage the force that is "Coach Kobe"

Mitch Kupchak on Shaq becoming a minority owner of the Sacramento Kings: "I'm glad I'm not DeMarcus Cousins, I'll tell you that"

Kupchak said that there is plenty of incentive for all the Lakers' players on one-year contracts this season to earn long-term deals

Kupchak on the 2014 draft: "It's a good year to have a (first round) pick"(which they have)

Kupchak on Steve Nash: "We're not expecting 35 minutes a game for Steve" ... He mentioned Farmar/Blake to create PG by committee

Kupchak on D'Antoni: "We try to give him all the support we can ... He has to realize, and I'm sure he does, that we back him 100 percent"

When addressing Ryan Kelly, proud UNC alumnus Mitch Kupchak referred to Duke as "that school"

NEW STORY: Mitch Kupchak says the Lakers season will go as Kobe goes and Bryant's return is still unknown

FULL STORY OF THE ABOVE HERE: http://espn.go.com/l...e-bryant-return

I'll post more as it comes and if a video comes out I'll post that here as well.

Will be coverted likely on Access Sportsnet: Lakers tonight.

New Episode of Backstage Lakers at 5:00 PST!!!

Should be a fun day ;)

Edited by Majesty, September 25, 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Good to hear Nash has been 100% for the past month and a half and been scrimmaging at full boar

#3 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Video?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,073 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 05:14 PM

Kupchak said that waiting on the extension also benefits Bryant, who can use the time to determine how much he has left as a player.

"If you think for a second if Kobe can't play at a high level, or up to his expectations, that he wants to continue to play, I don't think that's in his DNA," Kupchak said. "So, I think it makes sense for him and for us to get him back on the court and to get a feel or a gauge of how much longer he wants to play and at what level."

If Bryant is still out when the team plays its first regular-season game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Oct. 29, the Lakers will face a couple of challenges. First, there will be the issue of who starts at shooting guard in his absence. Second, there will be the issue of how the coaching staff responds to Bryant's strong presence on the bench.

"With Kobe, you just try to manage who he is the best you can," Kupchak said. "Trust me, at 17 years, going on 18 years [in the league], you're not going to change who Kobe Bryant is right now. I know he's mellowed a little bit and he even, from time to time likes to talk to the media, but during a game he's tough to manage. He's got blinders on and his mind is racing and the juices are flowing and he's competitive and he's thinking about the score and being down by one or up by one. He's cut a little bit differently, so that's not going to change. I think the best that [coach] Mike [D'Antoni] can hope for is to get to know Kobe better and maybe figure out a way to manage it as best he can. I think that's Mike's best chance. No coach has been able to control Kobe, no coach we've had since 1996. And that's not going to change."

http://espn.go.com/l...e-bryant-return

• 40,380 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Video?

photo-3224.gif?_r=1357108554

Edited by    , September 25, 2013 - 09:08 PM.

yo.

#6 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,732 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 25, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Love Mitch. 

I don't know how Laker fans don't feel fine with the steady MK as our GM.

It hasn't been 10 year without a title like the 90s were. and btw it might take ten years from the last one to get another.

Ask the Bulls f they would take that, or the Knicks, or Seattle...oops, they lost their team.

people have to be smart about what a successful season really is

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 26, 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think fans are more worried about the end of the road for Kobe and the fact generational guys dont fall out of the sky and we just lost and elite player via free agency.  Also the internal issues in the front office.  There is a lot to be worried about.  Fans aren't thinking about 10 years from now. 

Love Mitch. 

I don't know how Laker fans don't feel fine with the steady MK as our GM.

It hasn't been 10 year without a title like the 90s were. and btw it might take ten years from the last one to get another.

Ask the Bulls f they would take that, or the Knicks, or Seattle...oops, they lost their team.

people have to be smart about what a successful season really is

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,869 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Mitch said when Kobe returns, you wont even be able to tell he was injured.

How he knows this is beyond me, but i'm happy to hear it from his mouth more than anyone else

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2013 - 11:14 AM

Thank you Mr. No Name

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#10 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!