#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,311 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 24, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yes on our very own site ;)   I'll show you some excerpts and then direct you to the page itself.  ENJOY!!

Wesley Johnson: “Being a Laker is a dream come true”

johnson_576.jpg

By Alex Lambeth, with contributions from Jory Dreher

Wesley Johnson has yet to find a home in the NBA.

Drafted fourth overall out of Syracuse University in the 2010 NBA draft, the Lakers will be Johnson’s third team in just four years.

Johnson, a 6’7″ 215 pound shooting guard, has his sights set on a breakout year with Los Angeles.

Johnson, who prefers “Wesley” to “Wes”, enters his fourth NBA season with career averages of 7.7 points, 1.2 assists and 2.8 rebounds per game.

In an exclusive interview with LakerNation.com, Johnson expressed his excitement to finally wear the purple and gold.

As one of the many new faces in the Lakers’ locker room this season, Johnson described himself as being “fun and laid back,” but also “a very high energy type of player.”

“It’s going to be fun watching me play this year. I’m excited about playing in  
        Staples Center, in front of Laker Nation fans, and everybody,” Johnson said. “I’m
         really looking forward to it."

“It’s really a dream come true for me. I’ve wanted to play here since I was younger. My family really respects the Lakers for all they stand for,” Johnson told Laker Nation. “They always hold the Lakers to the highest standard, on a pedestal, just because they love watching them play.”

“My mom loved Magic [Johnson]. Being able to play for the Lakers and with my mom being able to see me play for them, it’s going to be fun,” Johnson said. “I can’t really give you a whole explanation about how excited I am just to be a part of Laker Nation. It’s definitely a dream come true.”

As one of the many new faces in the Lakers’ locker room this season, Johnson described himself as being “fun and laid back,” but also “a very high energy type of player.”

“It’s going to be fun watching me play this year. I’m excited about playing in
          Staples Center, in front of Laker Nation fans, and everybody,” Johnson said.
          “I’m really looking forward to it.”

Poster's Excerpt: On Nick Young

“Nick and I talk a lot, actually. We’ve been in the gym and excited to play with one another,” Johnson said. “He’s a high-energy guy like me and he’s definitely fun to play with, with all the stuff that he can do on the court. Playing alongside of him is definitely going to be exciting for us both.”

“We’re really starting to figure out how each of us plays and where we both like the ball,” Johnson explained. “We’re getting that chemistry down between us too, so it will definitely be fun to see.”

On Jordan Farmar

“Nick and I talk a lot, actually. We’ve been in the gym and excited to play with one another,” Johnson said. “He’s a high-energy guy like me and he’s definitely fun to play with, with all the stuff that he can do on the court. Playing alongside of him is definitely going to be exciting for us both.”

“We’re really starting to figure out how each of us plays and where we both like the ball,” Johnson explained. “We’re getting that chemistry down between us too, so it will definitely be fun to see.”

“Jordan has already told me he wants to pick up 94 feet [defensively],” Johnson said. ”I told him, ‘I got the back. If you’re picking up 94 feet, then I’m picking up right there with you.’”

On Defense

“I think I can have a really good impact just for my length and my speed, and also just getting in passing lanes and disrupting shots. I’m going to bring a spark that will fuel the entire team,” Johnson said excitedly.

“What’s important for us is just getting everyone to come out as a collective group and giving a good defensive effort,” Johnson said. “I’m definitely going to use my wingspan to make plays happen. As long as everyone is on the same page defensively, I think we’ll be just fine.”

READ ALL OF THIS FANTASTIC INTERVIEW HERE: http://lakernation.c...nson-interview/

Hat's off to everyone, fantastic interview :) I hope he does fantastic this year!!!

Edited by Majesty, September 24, 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,507 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted September 24, 2013 - 11:25 PM

glad their going to take their defense seriously

#3 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted September 24, 2013 - 11:36 PM

glad their going to take their defense seriously

Talk is cheap

#4 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 25, 2013 - 02:52 AM

i remember the 23yr old jordan farmar who held his own against rondo during the 4th qt of game 7 finals
played team defense too
so if he says hes gonna pick up 94 feet on d defensive end, im not gonna say hes all talk

#5 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,053 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:19 AM

Ummm no

i remember the 23yr old jordan farmar who held his own against rondo during the 4th qt of game 7 finals
played team defense too
so if he says hes gonna pick up 94 feet on d defensive end, im not gonna say hes all talk

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:41 AM

played team defense too

I don't remember that...

You sure you aren't thinking Game 5 against OKC where he held his own against Westbrook?

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:55 AM

To me the most important thing is that both Wes and Farmar seem committed to defense and Farmar wants to pick people up full court, and Wes said he would do so as well.

We need that kind of defensive focus and tenacity.  That means getting back in a timely manner too. 

In Farmar we have a 26 year old, ball handling point guard, that can pick and roll, was nearly shooting 50/40/90 in his last season in the NBA, was close to that in Europe  went 52/41/78 and then  47/39/86, that is athletic, has speed, can dunk and can pass as well as play off ball and has learned to run a team over in europe with a greater responsibility.

Signing Farmar as well as Young could be THE X Factor in terms of us right now.  It may have been the "best time" to sign Farmar and Young as well as Johnson, just as last year was the "worst time" to sign DH.

So I'm looking forward to seeing BOTH of them back that up, if Farmar went to Wes and told him directly what he intends to do defensively, I like that mentality, and Farmar means what he said about actually learning iso defense in europe and focusing on not letting your man beat you.   So he grew better defensively and in the pick and roll in Europe while also learning how to properly run a team as a point guard and is now coming into a pick and roll system that will take advantage of all his strengths.

Should be interesting to see what this system does for him and how it benefits the rest of us as a team as well.

#8 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 06:22 AM

I don't remember that...

You sure you aren't thinking Game 5 against OKC where he held his own against Westbrook?

lol i dont remember the okc one either
didnt kobe switch on westbrook that series with kobe laying off on his jumpers?
but yeah farmar did pretty good boston series, i remember cuz i have the 7 game dvd

#9 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted September 25, 2013 - 08:28 AM

How bout we see what they do on the court.

#10 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 09:49 AM

How bout we see what they do on the court.

sounds good

#11 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,377 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 25, 2013 - 06:38 PM

A long as an effort is put forth on the court, that's all I ask. Don't half step out there Wes
Posted Image

#12 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:45 PM

I really don't expect much from him but something tells me Dantoni's offense is really going to help him

#13 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 30, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Wesley is really going to show his ass this year. A full camp and Farmar playing for a contract. You remember the last time that happened. He played well. I like the fact that half the team is in their prime. Meaning old enough not to hang out til 3 AM before a game (not to sure about Swaggy P) but not too old to run for 40 minutes if they had to. Its wild to think that the only TRUE old guys on the team are Kobe and Nash.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Wesley is really going to show his ass this year. A full camp and Farmar playing for a contract. You remember the last time that happened. He played well. I like the fact that half the team is in their prime. Meaning old enough not to hang out til 3 AM before a game (not to sure about Swaggy P) but not too old to run for 40 minutes if they had to. Its wild to think that the only TRUE old guys on the team are Kobe and Nash.

yep, check out the training camp thread.

He's impressing in camp. Farmar is citing it.   Good news!

#15 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 05:38 PM

played team defense too

Jordan Farmar: "bring it on!" [defensive stance]

MDA: "wtf r u doing!!?!?! forget about D and just get ready to run and shoot the three!"

Posted Image

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 06:06 PM

Jordan Farmar: "bring it on!" [defensive stance]

MDA: "wtf r u doing!!?!?! forget about D and just get ready to run and shoot the three!"

MDA: *Hired Rambis and has been preaching defense in camp* 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users