manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,408 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:04 PM

We all know its gonna be a tough year

We all dont know where we gonna land in spring

We all dont know if there is a post season for us or even western conference finals or finals

We all dont know if Kobe is going to be 100%

We all dont know if Pau is going to play his game like in 2009

We all dont know how our new additions will fit...

...WE  KNOW its going to be a tough season with a lot of age and youth in one roster but lets promise ourselfs with the upcoming 2014 free agent pool lets not get mad immediatly when we have a losing streak etc cause we all saw we CAN MAKE THE POST SEASON(Check last year and this was a disaster) so what iM TRYING SAYING HERE IS lets stay calm and just take this season as a "bridge season" for 2014...cause we all know that with this core there is not much out there to get..

STILL I HOPE THE BEST FOR OUR LAKERS! And who knows..maybe Im wrong..maybe we rock 2013-14!!!

IM READY B******!!! LETS DO IT! :)

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,317 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:19 PM

If you're realistic you'll understand our chances and not get mad when we lose, but at the end of the day we're Lakerfans and we have that winner mentality which means we expect a Final appearance every year no matter what our roster is.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,222 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:32 PM

good luck, especially with this fan base 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,647 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 03:03 PM

WOO. MANARO, YOU GOT ME PUMPED.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, September 24, 2013 - 03:03 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 03:10 PM

We all DO know however, that there will be plenty of moral victories coming our way.

yo.

#6 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 24, 2013 - 05:07 PM

If this team is disciplined and really buys into the game plan. Truly gets behind Kurt's defense, this team will be the surprise of the league...  Trust me. One player away!!

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,045 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 24, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Most teams are one player away lol.  Unfortunately that one player was D12 lol. 

If this team is disciplined and really buys into the game plan. Truly gets behind Kurt's defense, this team will be the surprise of the league...  Trust me. One player away!!

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,416 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:19 PM

Lol.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:35 PM

I laughed too, but kept it hidden. You've gotta' love manaro's extreme optimism & enthusiasm though. I don't know how he's so genuine about it. If almost anyone else made posts like that, they'd have to be sarcastic, but when it's manaro, you know it's all real.

yo.

#10 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 528 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:44 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just keen to see some NBA action again. This off-season has been too long (for a number of reasons)

Can't wait to see some good old moral victories! Even if this year is a complete disaster, the closer we get to next year, the more excited we can get re: new signings. 

#11 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 24, 2013 - 09:13 PM

This is like those high school basketball games, where you know you suck, but you still cheer and [expletive] on the other teams even though they beat us.

Love it Manaro

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,293 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 24, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Team's got too much talent on it to not be a playoff team if healthy.

The question is where in the playoffs they land.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#13 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 24, 2013 - 09:50 PM

We all DO know however, that there will be plenty of moral victories coming our way.

You think we'll have more moral victories this year or last year?

#14 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,408 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 10:12 PM

I laughed too, but kept it hidden. You've gotta' love manaro's extreme optimism & enthusiasm though. I don't know how he's so genuine about it. If almost anyone else made posts like that, they'd have to be sarcastic, but when it's manaro, you know it's all real.

thank you but i just mean that from my laker heart!!!

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#15 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,578 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted September 25, 2013 - 12:26 AM

I think the team will be mediocre, but I'll still watch as many games as humanly possible and have a load of fun doing it.

We got a hell of a run out of the Kobe and Pau era. Hopefully we can end that era by surprising some people(including myself) this year with a decent run to build momentum for the big free agent class next season.

#16 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,408 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 12:55 AM

i also gonna watch every game and i know by now that i will still be freaking out if we lose stupid games to hornets, kings etc. but thats life i guess this year..

#17 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 25, 2013 - 02:52 AM

I agree. I'm not sure if people who don't basketball should post. The only thing I worry about is if we have enough NAMES to get fouls called in our favor. That could be the difference in a lot of games. We actually have young gifted basketball players who ended up on teams that had stars in their position. We have very good players who finally get a chance to show their A$$. I know this; effort won't an issue, that's for sure. I can see us getting off to a rough start or surprising everyone. Either way this team barring injuries should get better as the year goes on. If we listened to these negative people Detroit would not have stood a chance their championship year. San Antonio would suck every year. Memphis would miss the playoffs every year. You only know some of the names on these teams because without a bunch of MAJOR superstars they played together and believed in their program and they WON. I'm just surprised at the negativity with a year that we have a healthy Nash and PAU,  Nick Young, Wesley and Kaman. That's at least an 8th seed just on offense, rebounding and brains alone. Nick wasn't included in the brains part LOL

Team's got too much talent on it to not be a playoff team if healthy.

The question is where in the playoffs they land.

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,315 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 25, 2013 - 05:59 AM

I think folks may be underestimating a healthy Nash and Pau. Didn't Nash lead the league in assists 2 years ago on a squad with no one averaging 13 or something?

These guys last year were ranked by espn as top 20 players. And injuries aside, they have something to prove, are both very smart players, and make their teammates better. Along with being great human beings. 

Personally, I'd rather suck or kinda suck with these kinds of guys who have given me many reasons to cheer their style of play over many years (last season doesn't count)

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,108 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 25, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Pau sure is taking a long time to "prove it"

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,518 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:26 AM

I pretty sure most of us know that we won't make the western conference finals or finals. 

Most of us know that Pau isn't going to return to 2009 form.

Those are both pretty clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users