• 7,027 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 22, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Starting not to like Phil

this LIE is obvious to any one

Phil wanted to be VP

Phil denied it, through Rambo and jeanie YET

EVERY JOB Phil wants CONTROL of the TEAM.

Dr JB did not want Phil to weasel his way in there through his daughter

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 22, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Starting not to like Phil

Bruh, who are you trying to fool???

You NEVER liked Phil Jackson

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 875 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't understand all this crap about the luxury tax. If they raised ticket prices $10, (10*18997*40) equals about 75 million, that would be enough for the luxury tax.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,312 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Here is the thing.

When Jeanie speaks, you understand why Jerry put Jim in charge of basketball operations instead.

Jeanie for lack of a better word is too "nice" for the other side that Jim has to handle and at times be a [expletive] hole about.

When you listen and hear of Dwight's demands, all the things he wanted etc, for what the Lakers weren't gonna bend to him on.  I don't think Jeanie would have the heart to say no to him.

When Jeanie says stuff like "I feel like we failed him." And wanted to do more for him.

And then you hear that he wanted them to amnesty or muzzle Kobe and all this other kinds of stuff, Jeanie strikes me as a player GM, sort of like a Player Coach.

Which makes her likeable and lovable.. but at the same time in the basketball business and dealing with those egos she may be too nice for it.

The girl is so nice that despite security telling her she has some place to be she will stop for hours signing autographs and taking pictures with the fans no matter if it's disadvantageous to her and won't complain once.

It's why we love her... but it's also why Jerry picked Jim over her for that basketball operations side of things.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:12 PM

The media is still harping over whenever they bumps heads, it is normal for siblings let alone business partners. I really do not think there is turmoil on any level, discord, probably, but that's most organizations really. That is why I want this season to start, to see how management reacts as the season and events unfold.

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,027 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Bruh, who are you trying to fool???

You NEVER liked Phil Jackson

Wrong.

I think Phil is a Laker Legend, the best coach we have ever had, an intelligent and brilliant person.

He is super cool and laid back and played like the type of players i enjoy(Rambis).

But in this context, he's not telling the truth and he wants to protect his fiancee's feeling with no regard of her sibling who also lost a dad and a friend.

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:38 PM

What is he lying about?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,786 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Jeannie is well suited to run the organization. She has had success wherever she went. As a woman in a male dominated business she managed to succeed; being too nice would not allow that to happen. She may be more outgoing than her brother, but I have no problem envisioning her making hard decisions.

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,027 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:44 PM

He has never put it out himself, but has allowed Jeanie and Kurt to speak publicly about the "demands" of  Vice Presidency of Lakers Basketball operations and hereby pushing out Jim Buss, and really Jeanie Buss as well.

jeanie would submit to {hil and the Buss blood that built up this franchise, would be in the hands of  the greatest coach ever, but an unproven GM and an AGING one at that.

Mitch played with Magic 

Phil played against  Wilt

Edited by BasketballIQ, September 22, 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,027 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Jeannie is well suited to run the organization. She has had success wherever she went. As a woman in a male dominated business she managed to succeed; being too nice would not allow that to happen. She may be more outgoing than her brother, but I have no problem envisioning her making hard decisions.

What is she going to do?

What do owners even do?

Do we know Orlando or Houston's owners? We know their GMs.

We know Paul Allen, but what has Portland done?

We know mark Cuban and they won one. We know the Russian , but they haven't won anything yet.

We know Dolan and  Sterling for being great business men but bad basketball guys.

Why do we know Jim Buss? Because of Andrew Bynum, firstly and EVER thing the LAkers, Yankees, and certain LIGHTNING ROD personalities is draped all over Sportscenter and their array of debate shows.

I get it.

but Jim Buss is not cheap, like OKC's owner. And he doesn't talk too much [expletive] like Cuban.

Nash seemed like a good move when paired with Howard.

i think gasol was out of here but his injuries made him untradable last season.

Injuries to Howard were known. Gasol tried to push through pain, because of this championship or bust mentality that we started with. mike brown was fired for the same reason

We had games with no nash or Blake, and Games with no Howard,Gasol or Hill.

IIt was a complete and utter disaster and Dr. Buss dies on top of it all.

17-25

28-12

Would Jeanie would have been able to use her Daddy's Girl tactics on Dr. buss to convinvce him to okay Phil?

maybe

But Phil deserves better than that team last season.

Nash was OUT by that time

gasol looked like the guy Phil punched in the chest when he retired after Dallas KILLED US.

Dwight was weak for a while there, despite his numbers, there weren't highly impactful.

that bench was a disgrace before Blake got back

#31 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

• 1,786 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Jim buss wants to win, I don't think otherwise. My point was that Jeannie Buss is just as capable. Owners are important because they interact with other owners; the owners who pass the rules and influence the CBA. Leslie Alexander owns the rockets and Rich Devos owns the Magic (no Wikipedia cheat). Teams are extensions of their owners and GMs. The owner picks the GM and has an imprint upon the team. I agree with you last year Phil wouldn't have been able to salvage much (and I was hoping he'd be hired)

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,312 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 06:17 PM

yeah Blake made that bench.

I notice it always seems to be Blake since Shannon left that bails our bench out now.

Two years ago we had a two that was supposed to be good, I forget, and Blake wound up playing 2 instead, and then wound up playing instead of Sessions cause of one, Sessions injury, and two Sessions rawness.

THEN last year we got Meeks and he was SUPPOSED to ease the responsibility and allow Blake to be a point guard... but nope.. Blake took the 2 spot from him too lol.

But as it was in a system that worked for him he did very well. 

THIS year I HOPE we don't need to worry about that as far as Young is concerned, And with Farmar there I think Blake when he gets minutes at 1 will be viable and useful as he was last year.

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,053 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 22, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Pretty everything we speculated and pretty much knew.  Had they hired Phil they would have had a better chance to win a championship and retain an elite player.  Instead they hired a coach living off of 2004-2007 success to coach a guy in D12 that really needs discipline and coaching.  I think Dwight is sensitive but Dwight needs someone above him that he can respect and not feel like he is being chided on a daily basis.  This is why Kobe was a bad fit w/o some type of medium figurehead between them. 

In the end the FO made all the wrong moves.  Didn't access chemistry, refused to hire the best coach in bball when it was reported that the player you wanted to resign wanted him as coach.  D12 may have been f boy #1 but he wasn't stupid.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,312 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 11:44 PM

Not just that man.. Garrison said it pretty much perfectly

Jeanie just wrote out how she cried hysterically over a basketball operations decision that had something to do with her personal life.

Jim can be the a-hole Jeanie can't.

Jeanie is effected by people talking negatively towards her on twitter, its the nature of her good heart.  She isn't the type to deal with all these basketball egos and criticisms like her brother faces.  Jerry knew that better than anyone. It was HIS daughter.

#35 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:24 AM

For some reason, everyone who wanted Phil back seems to forget that there has NEVER been anything reported (that im aware of) that he was ready to accept the job. Or even would.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#36 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,152 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:42 AM

Funny this comes out a week before training camp

#37 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

• 1,786 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Speaking of training camp, who is coming in their best shape ever?

#38 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,380 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 23, 2013 - 03:04 PM

Anybody under 30. Lol
Joking, good question though
Posted Image

#39 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 03:17 PM

Good lord. 710ESPN had a feild day with this. It mostly devolves into a he said/she said story -_- it's like I'm watching Attitude Era WWE.

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,312 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Speaking of training camp, who is coming in their best shape ever?

Pau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users