• Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 19, 2013 - 05:53 PM

He makes sense

Lakers will make a move
It will be the right move

Maybe a Steve Nash for demare derozen. Or something

Lol..why would Toronto do that? That's an idiotic trade for Toronto. 

#22 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,833 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 20, 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think he may have forgotten that Bryan Colangelo is gone.  Uriji isn't trading a 24 year old swingman for Nash.  Hell if he was Gm last year I doubt he would have even entertained the idea of Nash for 12M a year they were rumored to be offering. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,833 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 07:49 AM

To be fair It would be idiotic on both ends lol.  Derozan is owed like 30M over the next 3 years and can't shoot and Nash is 40 lol. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,880 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 21, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Nash is a good fit, I don't think Mitch would move Nash for anything less than a "Melo".

As long as Kobe is here, expect Nash to be the new Fisher. Btw, Kobe and Nash are far deadlier than our 2009-2010 starting backcourt.

Last year we lost a TON OF GAMES with Duhon playing big minutes.

We lost a ton of games when we made SUDDEN line up changes.

We lost some games on pure lack of hunger and a cockiness based on everyone's individual talent.

I go back to Mike Brown, Kobe wrist fractured, Pau and Bynum and nothing else until Ramon and Hill came.
Last season, we saw a team struggle with injuries and chemistry, the playoffs we had no CREDIBLE guard play.

Nash and Kobe with ? And Pau and Hill. About a draw to the 2012 starting 5. The bench is much better.

Artest and Fish were horrid in 2012 and Nash is not horrid.

Shot a smudge under 50 with double digit points and 6 dime bags.

Was Fish CLOSE TO THAT?

Lets see what Blake and Farmar do in the 12-15 games Nash is out.
I think that's better than Duhon and Morris.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,210 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 21, 2013 - 05:04 PM

My dad brought up an interesting question.

If the Knicks are relatively sucking this year and doing bad and Melo starts not wanting to sign an extention which they will undoubtedly try to force him to do.    Do you then put Pau on the table and try to land Carmelo in a trade THIS year?  

Do you risk that again?  Cause if you do get Melo you also get his bird rights and what does that do with your 2014 money?  Do the Knicks even do that if it becomes apparent that Carmelo isn't going to re-sign with New York?

It's hypothetical, but it's something you may want to consider. 

If the Knicks are doing terrible this year or are middle of the pack and Melo starts not wanting to sign an extention, do you make an offer to trade Pau to them for Melo? Or do you want till the off-season?

Edited by Majesty, September 21, 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,833 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 08:10 AM

Why would they trade for Pau? If they are going to lose Melo taking back Pau does nothing for them.  I really doesnt even help the Lakers to be honest.  The Knicks would have to be on the brink of missing the playoffs to trade Melo or him to even ask for a trade.  You would basically be endorsing him giving up on his organization b/c things looked grim.  Wait didnt D12 do that? We bashed him for it.

If the Knicks are relatively sucking this year and doing bad and Melo starts not wanting to sign an extention which they will undoubtedly try to force him to do.    Do you then put Pau on the table and try to land Carmelo in a trade THIS year?  

Do you risk that again?  Cause if you do get Melo you also get his bird rights and what does that do with your 2014 money?  Do the Knicks even do that if it becomes apparent that Carmelo isn't going to re-sign with New York?

If the Knicks are doing terrible this year or are middle of the pack and Melo starts not wanting to sign an extention, do you make an offer to trade Pau to them for Melo? Or do you want till the off-season?

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,210 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 22, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Why would they trade for Pau? If they are going to lose Melo taking back Pau does nothing for them.  I really doesnt even help the Lakers to be honest.  The Knicks would have to be on the brink of missing the playoffs to trade Melo or him to even ask for a trade.  You would basically be endorsing him giving up on his organization b/c things looked grim.  Wait didnt D12 do that? We bashed him for it.

We didn't bash him for giving up on Orlando.  I didn't bash him for giving up on Orlando.

He was bashed because of "how" he did it, not that he did it.

The problem is even if Melo asked for a trade and tried to be discreet about it the media would get their hands on it and run with it and he'd be judged every second by it.  Even in Denver for the most part he tried not to talk about it but the media wanted another "LeBron" to talk about.

When it comes to Dwight, he did everything wrong, from constantly talking about it, talking about the organization through the side of his mouth, lying and then getting busted in the same day by his coach, and being mostly classless about it while orchestrating the firing of both his own coach and the GM all while saying "poor me".  

It isn't that Dwight gave up on the Magic people judged him on, it was the way he handled the situation.  You should know that

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,936 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 22, 2013 - 10:20 PM

I don't believe there will be a major trade whatsoever.

I think they'll keep one roster spot open in case someone gets waived and they can get him for one year.  Right now, it's about just getting through this season with minimal major injuries and shoring up the wallet for next off-season.

The Lakers are in for a first round exit, nothing more, nothing less.

#29 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Metta has been NBA's biggest troll since 2010 offseason. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#30 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:10 AM

I believe Pau to still be worth something. I say ride it out this year, and then sign him for very little next year.

Pau is still worth more than 5M a year. If we could sign him to a contract in that range, keep Kobe at like 12M a year, and sign a top dog, then we have a pretty good core with enough money left for a more than decent bench.

#31 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,936 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 23, 2013 - 11:20 PM

Totally agree LakersFanatic.

I was just talking to a friend about that exact scenario.

#32 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:19 AM

Healthy Pau has too much in tank to let him go.

Looking at these wannabe athletic noobs, I wish Pau, Dirk, Tim would play 5 more years.

#33 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,570 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted September 24, 2013 - 07:36 AM

You're my boy, Ron. Trolling or not I love that he said that lol. Glad he gets to play in New York at least, would've been really crappy to see him playing with the Bucks or something like that.

#34 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Totally agree LakersFanatic.

I was just talking to a friend about that exact scenario.

We have a few players on our roster that our worth more than they are playing for. If we could keep these players (Kaman/Young, etc...), lower Kobe/Pau's salaries, and have Mitch orchestrate a few good moves, BAM! we're back in contention just like that.

Edited by LakersFanatic, September 24, 2013 - 09:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users