Photo

Legend Bernard Hopkins Wants To Fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thoughts?

Bernard Hopkins Wants to Fight Floyd Mayweather

“Floyd, his skills are so out there that he can risk going up to 160,” Hopkins said. “It isn’t the weight that is going to win the fight, it’s the skills. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. The only guy who is going to beat a guy like Floyd Mayweather is a master chess player. And who is the master chess player? I’ll go back to 160. It’s the biggest old [man] fight. Everyone from the nursing home will be watching.”

“I will go to New Orleans or some place hot, I will train like a dog, and I will make an extraordinary fight,” Hopkins said. “If I was coming from [heavyweight] to [light heavyweight] like Roy Jones did, then it would be a problem. But being a guy who lives the way I live… for me to come down to 160, it’s doable.”

“When your name is Money, money moves you,” Hopkins said. “It would be a chess game. He would have the burden. You can’t let a 49-year-old go the distance with you. It would have to be a rumble. It wouldn’t be easy, This man has a defense that it would be a counterpunching fight.”

black-sports-online-bernard-hopkins-lega

Read more at http://blacksportson...1gQoLwFfmxJZ.99

yo.

#2 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 941 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted September 17, 2013 - 03:18 PM

One of my favorite fighters

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 17, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Bhop? Interesting

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,365 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 05:41 PM

yo.

#5 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 17, 2013 - 05:54 PM

I don't hate Mayweather I actually respect his devotion and dedication to his craft but I really want to see him get beat.  I am dying to see someone shock the world.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

• 40,365 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Don't hate him either, especially not since he got out of prison. He's improved a bit in his humility. I believe most of his persona he puts on is more for show now.

As far as his boxing goes, I respect what he does, but it doesn't mean I have to be a fan of the style. It's just not that aesthetically pleasing to me. He wins on defense & points. Hardly ever gets a knockout & hardly ever really bloodies the opponent up badly. He wins & that's all that matters competition-wise, but the main reason he continues to draw for many isn't so much because of his style as to because so many root against him & want to see him go down.

yo.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 17, 2013 - 06:01 PM

He would be age 49 by the time he fights him. 

Love the confidence by Hopkins, but Mayweather would wear him down by the 6th round. 

• 40,365 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Pro fighters on who they want to see Mayweather fight next:

yo.

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 06:38 PM

^^^ I do agree with that young boxer that Canelo's corner was to blame. 

I was telling people around me that if Canelo tried to out box Money, he would lose and lose badly.  Canelo had strength over him and he should have fought the fight with his own style.  If he would have fought his way and lost, then big deal, at least you did things your way.  That wasn't the case and Mayweather took him to school. 

#10 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 17, 2013 - 06:42 PM

I think everyone saw that even us fans

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,365 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 06:50 PM

I do agree with that young boxer that Canelo's corner was to blame. 

More on that. Good stuff.

yo.

#12 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,683 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 17, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Canelo couldn't fight "his style" against Mayweather.

Canelo doesn't have the MAN STRENGTH to bully Mayweather. Money is 36 and strong in the way that Kobe is. Like how a older KObe slammed down Dwight in the Finals. It's man strength.. Mayweather is one of the brightest boxers ever, and his style is something to be revered.

he is Kobe, He is Jeter, He isManning. Those are the 15+ year veteran still performing, at an incredible level. He had his hands issues and still does but his defense has stepped back up with his dad back in his corner

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Canelo couldn't fight "his style" against Mayweather.

Canelo doesn't have the MAN STRENGTH to bully Mayweather. Money is 36 and strong in the way that Kobe is. Like how a older KObe slammed down Dwight in the Finals. It's man strength.. Mayweather is one of the brightest boxers ever, and his style is something to be revered.

he is Kobe, He is Jeter, He isManning. Those are the 15+ year veteran still performing, at an incredible level. He had his hands issues and still does but his defense has stepped back up with his dad back in his corner

We don't know if he could fight his style because he didn't attempt to. 

Mayweather is the best pure boxer in the world right now and is one of all-time greats.  He makes you fight different ways and throws you off your game, but from the get go, Canelo did not attempt to do things his way.  

Mayweather "not letting" Canelo fight his style would ring true had Canelo tried to do it for a couple rounds and then changed his style, but that wasn't the case.  He had a horrible plan put together for him and it's completely on his staff. Preparation wasn't there and Canelo said himself after the fight that "He would be better prepared next time".  When boxers say that, it speaks volumes.   Mayweather is very similar in his style every fight.  Canelo tried to out finesse Money and that was a doomed plan from the start. 

Whether you love him or hate him, you have to respect what Mayweather does in the ring.  He's a master of his craft and makes people look like amateurs. 

• 40,365 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 12:57 AM

Freddie Roach says Mayweather is boring, praises Danny Garcia:

Edited by    , September 19, 2013 - 12:58 AM.

yo.

#15 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,323 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 19, 2013 - 11:01 AM

B-Hop would get embarrassed. Even at age 36, Floyd was still lightning quick with his hands. A 23 yr old couldn't deal with that speed, hows a guy pushing 50? Come on now!

veqdeg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users