08. Hold On, We’re Going Home
09. Connect
10. The Language
11. 305 To My City (Featuring Detail)
12. Too Much
13. Pound Cake (Featuring Jay Z) / Paris Morton Music 2
14. Come Thru
15. All Me

Album leaked the other day, has anybody played through it? 

Definitely album of the year and his best album to date. Every song is strong and has a totally different sound than Take Care. Drake never disappoints. 

Posted Image

#2 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 04:51 PM

"Take Care was about connecting with my city and connecting with my past and sort of still feeling guilty that I’m not in love with one of these girls that cared about me from back in the day. Now, I’m 26, I’m with my friends, I’m making jobs for people, I’m making memories for people that will last a lifetime. I don’t need to be in love right now. I don’t need these things that I maybe once thought that I needed to feel normal and feel righteous about myself. I think for the first time in an album I’m content—not satisfied—but proud of where I’m at as a person."

"This is my [expletive]ing moment to say if I wanted to rap all the time, really rap, I would, but I also love to make music. I’ll do this for you right now. But it’s for me, too. It’s my story…I’m trying to get back to that kid in the basement. To say what he has to say. And I’m trying to make it last."

Posted Image

#3 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:12 PM

This was horrible. The album was mostly him singing. How is this a rap? No bars at all.

Edited by Ham, September 16, 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:58 PM

I listened to it and I was not impressed with it. I know he his more of a r&b singer but dang, I really was not feeling this album. Ham, you are right..... Even the track with Jay Z I wasn't diggin. I wasted an hour of my job on this while I was listening. I can never get that back
Posted Image

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 16, 2013 - 06:19 PM

I heard it, more of a fan of Take Care for sure though. He put in more r&b then I would of like him to, but still a solid album. Need a few more listens through to really tell what I think, but certainly has some tracks on there I like.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, September 16, 2013 - 06:21 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Want rap?

Listen to Pusha T's song, "Nosetalgia" featuring Kendrick Lamar. (1st Leak from his Album)

Pusha T goes haywire with bars. Kendrick does the same, as usual.

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 06:28 PM

^^^ What does that have to do with this thread? lol

#8 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 06:47 PM

He has even said he'll never put out a full rap album. I never really considered listening to Drake for just "rap".

So I guess that's why I'm never disappointed

Posted Image

#9 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 07:00 PM

This album was garbage. Wu-Tang forever was a disgrace to hip hop. I'm still amazed at what he did to that song. How do you give a song that title and show absolutely no Wu influences whatsoever? Just a disgrace. He really had an opportunity to prove that he's a real hip hop artist and to expose the kids to hip hop legends. Really is a shame.

#10 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 07:29 PM

^^^ What does that have to do with this thread? lol

everything.

#11 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted September 16, 2013 - 07:48 PM

I try not to compare Kendrick to Drake because both have very different styles.  No doubt Kendrick is the hottest and best rapper currently out there but Drake's style has always been influenced by Rhythm and Blues and his RnB background is what sets him apart and one of the reasons why people enjoy his music.  If you were expecting this to be a rap album then you're in the wrong place, Drake's greatest hits have always primarily been RnB based (Marvin's room, Shot For Me, Doing It Wrong, Find Your Love, Hold On We're Going Home, and several others).  Take Care had some solid rap hits but I think many people disregard Drake due to one simple reason that he was on Degrassi  which is dumb haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#12 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 07:54 PM

I try not to compare Kendrick to Drake because both have very different styles.  No doubt Kendrick is the hottest and best rapper currently out there but Drake's style has always been influenced by Rhythm and Blues and his RnB background is what sets him apart and one of the reasons why people enjoy his music.  If you were expecting this to be a rap album then you're in the wrong place, Drake's greatest hits have always primarily been RnB based (Marvin's room, Shot For Me, Doing It Wrong, Find Your Love, Hold On We're Going Home, and several others).  Take Care had some solid rap hits but I think many people disregard Drake due to one simple reason that he was on Degrassi  which is dumb haha

Not comparing. Was just saying that Drake is trash at rapping or dropping bars.

#13 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 07:54 PM

The main knock on Drake is that he's softer than the pillsbury doughboy and his corny Aaron Carter raps.

#14 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted September 16, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Never said or implied that you were comparing, I was just stating my opinion.  The comment wasn't even directed to you haha.  But yes Drake isn't good at dropping bars.

Edited by lakers1o1, September 16, 2013 - 08:02 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Drake has consistently put out the hottest stuff for the last 6 years. Hov called him the Kobe of the rap game, just because you dont like RnB don't disrespect the man.

#16 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 05:53 PM

Drake has consistently put out the hottest stuff for the last 6 years. Hov called him the Kobe of the rap game, just because you dont like RnB don't disrespect the man.

If you think a song that says Versace a million times which has no substance is hot. Fine by me. Lmk when drake spits straight rap bars. He's a rapper btw.

#17 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 17, 2013 - 07:15 PM

If you think a song that says Versace a million times which has no substance is hot. Fine by me. Lmk when drake spits straight rap bars. He's a rapper btw.

Versace is a great song. But you have to have context,

firstly, the song is originally by Migos- trap artist.

he used their cadence and flow and went from R&B crooner, or East Coast lyricist to  Trap Flow.

Now for you, that may not be impressive but it's not FOR YOU.

It's a HOOD soundtrack. turn Up music. Party with chicks and get drunk/high/roll music. But ANYWAY

If you don't like Drake..listen to 5Am in Toronto or Lord Knows, he can SPIT. He has lyrics, he is just multi-faceted.

#18 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Versace is a great song. But you have to have context,

firstly, the song is originally by Migos- trap artist.

he used their cadence and flow and went from R&B crooner, or East Coast lyricist to  Trap Flow.

Now for you, that may not be impressive but it's not FOR YOU.

It's a HOOD soundtrack. turn Up music. Party with chicks and get drunk/high/roll music. But ANYWAY

If you don't like Drake..listen to 5Am in Toronto or Lord Knows, he can SPIT. He has lyrics, he is just multi-faceted.

If he can spit, then why cant he make an album where he just spits? I'm tired of these soft Drake albums where its the same emo monotone r&b tunes. I hate when rappers can't transcend their sound into something more. That's why I find this album to be so disappointing. I thought he was going to come out with that fire after listening Hold on We're Going Home and All Me. I thought he was going to come through with something completely new. Its like the dude can't talk about anything else, but girls who [expletive]ed with him. It's tiring.

#19 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 07:40 PM

He can't spit for [expletive] lmfao.  :laughing: [expletive] said 5 am in toronto.

lmfao they dont play drakes soft ass at the clubs.

his music is the same [expletive] over and over. he has no substance. 

Edited by Ham, September 17, 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#20 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 749 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 18, 2013 - 12:32 AM

If you want some laughs and are on a twitter you should follow drake the type of, it is pretty funny it just rips on him the whole time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users