• 389 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 14, 2013 - 03:26 AM

isnt this racist? 

• 40,494 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 03:27 AM

^ Controversial for sure. On ESPN though.

yo.

#4 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,798 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted September 14, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Maybe racist, who cares?  I wish more people would just speak their mind regardless...and if it is offensive, let the consumer dictate the results.  

#5 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,802 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 14, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Yeah because QBs like Aaron Rodgers and Payton Manning are definitely not doing anything to make themselves stand out

[expletive]in idiot

2div

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:25 AM

dumb

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Maybe racist, who cares?  I wish more people would just speak their mind regardless...and if it is offensive, let the consumer dictate the results.  

It is a double standard though, liken it to the media circus a white analyst would incur upon maybe stating something like "black quarterbacks need to rely on athleticism because they can't mentally scope the field and the defense like traditional passing white quarterbacks". Yet analysts like Bomani Jones, Jemel Hill, Hugh Douglas (fired over racist comments), and of course Rob Parker (finally fired after so much controversy) were and are on the air for so long.

ESPN isn't proper analytics, they are just a bunch of opinionated anchors, most of which have little to none professional journalistic experience and tend to be former athletes bought on to garner more views.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,884 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 14, 2013 - 09:24 AM

They won't let the black QB go extinct, either.  Tell me one season where a black QB was not on an NFL roster.

ESPN likes to promote how accurate and specific they can be, so let's follow their "lead" in this discussion.

Even if Tim Tebow was the best starting white QB in the NFL (and still played the way he does now), they STILL wouldn't have enough ground to make this claim.

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:58 AM

They won't let the black QB go extinct, either.  Tell me one season where a black QB was not on an NFL roster.

ESPN likes to promote how accurate and specific they can be, so let's follow their "lead" in this discussion.

Even if Tim Tebow was the best starting white QB in the NFL (and still played the way he does now), they STILL wouldn't have enough ground to make this claim.

True it is spun both ways, the issue is mainly with ESPN's commentators. I can't even spin this positively, but I think in general ESPN's 'journalism' gets away with too much depending on race, it only becomes an issue when people actually speak against it. In a non black/white example, I recall the writer that got fired over the Jeremy Lin "chink in the armor", comment. I think Hispanics/Latinos also get unfair exposure, namely in boxing and other sports where they participate in, especially when Mayweather is involved.

#10 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,646 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Idiotic thing to say, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users