Photo

Lakers' Jaime Maggio Presents At L.A. Area Emmy Awards (Pg. 6, #112); Joins TWCSN Lakers, Andy Adler Gone

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:18 AM

What I like is that Maggio sounds like she knows what the hell she is talking about.

She really does and she's multi-talented as well meaning she's got a ton of experience in covering almost all fields of sports. Not sure if Adler could say the same, but it really shows with Jaime either way. It may sound like I'm kissing her ass, but honestly, I think she's one of the best female sports reporters/hosts out there.

Hannah Storm would be another, but she's much older of course and has had a much longer career so the comparision might not be as fair in that sense.

yo.

#82 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 03, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Many women in sports media sound like women talking about sports - especially a lot on the radio.  It's annoying.  Too much whining, criticizing things not worthy of criticism, etc.

I always appreciate it when the women actually sound like they have sports knowledge.  No, not sound like guys, but sound reasonable.  

To be fair, though, there are a lot of men in sportstalk that are idiots, too.

Most of the Sportscenter anchor females are pretty good (or the ones birthed from there).  Hannah Storm is great.  Dana Jacobsen - as much as I was disgusted by her vulgar comments she made at the Mike Golic roach a few years back, actually does a very nice job on her radio show.  In fact, she is much better than Tiki Barber and I put her on par (probably better in some respects) than Brandon Tierney. 

Edited by UKUGA, October 03, 2013 - 08:46 AM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#83 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 03, 2013 - 08:50 AM

What;s with all the Andy Adler hate I've seen the past year or so? What did she do to deserve such hate?  Yes Jaime is prettier and sexier but you guys made it sound like Andy is like the ugliest women in the world or something.  I'll bet you anything if Andy is naked in front of most of you guys, you will drool like a mo fo.  Andy Adler seems like a sweet girl. Probably way better looking than some of you guys gf or wives.  I dont get the hate on Andy Alder at all.

Having said all that,  they make a good choice of having a prettier girl on the show.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 12:13 AM

^ Some of it is hate and some of it is just criticism. Don't always mistake the two here. You only mentioned the physical aspect, which should ideally be the least important, but sadly in our society it's not, however, you failed to mentioned the actual job aspect of it and she made very many mistakes (such as a simple thing one would think in reading tweets) & just didn't come off as knowledgeable as one would hope and Jaime has exposed that very fact in comparison.

Yes as a person, I'm sure she's very kind and enjoyable, but when it came down to the job itself, there were and are far better candidates.

Lakers arriving in China:

that girl is hot

Her name is Jaime Maggio.

Personally, I think she's way underrated with Laker fans compared to all the love Serena Winters gets, but Jaime's still relatively new to many, so maybe she'll grow on more fans with time.

yo.

#85 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,071 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 13, 2013 - 04:03 AM

Jerry west sighting at 2:38!

Love that gal's dress. Wow!

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#86 tj_

tj_

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Jaime's great. Here's an interview she did for an Angel fan site:

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 09:49 PM

So, we're a little over the midway point of the season, have you guys been happier with Jaime Maggio so far over Adler? How has she been for you?

& what do you guys think about the other late addition who's been getting a lot more time lately in Kelli Tennant?

yo.

#88 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,696 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 25, 2014 - 10:29 PM

Thing is no one knows what happened to Adler. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#89 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,131 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 25, 2014 - 10:54 PM

So, we're a little over the midway point of the season, have you guys been happier with Jaime Maggio so far over Adler? How has she been for you?

& what do you guys think about the other late addition who's been getting a lot more time lately in Kelli Tennant?

Defenitely a win-win scenario. Zero complaints here.

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 11:12 PM

I've noticed that she seems to really have great chemistry with Coach Dave. Seems like those two hit it off from the start.

Thing is no one knows what happened to Adler. 

Seriously right? I did an extensive search on her a while back out of curiosity as to what the heck ever happened to her and couldn't find a thing. Nada.

yo.

#91 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,696 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 12:02 AM

She rejoined twitter here 

https://twitter.com/Andy_Adler

Hasn't said a bad thing about TWC 

Someone did tell her that he missed her and wishes she was still doing Lakeshow, her response

1. Thank you. Its's a great group over there. Just got back on twitter. Appreciate the kind words!!

her first message on her account was

1. Never tweeted to so few people... I'm totally in my comfort zone right now... Yes, I just started this account.. let's catch up

So I'm guessing all the attention on her previous account(maybe things people were saying to her, how she looked, etc) got to her and she needed to get away from it.  She only has about 155 followers now and apparently wants it that way. 

Edited by Majesty, January 26, 2014 - 12:02 AM.

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 12:10 AM

^ Thanks for the update. Great for her.

People are harsh, especially towards Women in the sports world if they don't look good enough to them or do their job well enough. Pam Oliver gets a ton of hate too, but she still keeps going. Constant remarks about her hair especially.

yo.

#93 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,121 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:49 AM

^ Thanks for the update. Great for her.

People are harsh, especially towards Women in the sports world if they don't look good enough to them or do their job well enough. Pam Oliver gets a ton of hate too, but she still keeps going. Constant remarks about her hair especially.

2014-01-20_0842.png

#94 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:07 PM

What's tough, though, for women, is that very few, if any, would have any chance of being on TV if they weren't attractive.   Those that stay around awhile (like Oliver, Storm, Tafoya, Visser, etc.) generally have gained enough credibility that they will remain on the air even after their looks begin to fade.

It's a mixed bag, though.  Many of them did do things to make themselves appealing on TV, and certainly enjoyed the accolades they received.   Accordingly, they are subject to criticism when their looks fade.

That's why they are better off just being who they are from the get-go, and not trying to dress provocatively, etc.

I don't know what the deal is with Oliver.  It's strange.  She's been around a while and was always attractive.  The last 2 years, it seems, she looks very different.  It's odd.  (Lesley Visser, even moreso).  What I really don't get is the hair, though.  I asked my little girl during the NFC championship game what she thought of Oliver's hair.  "It's goopy," she said.

Erin Andrews is the one that I think is going to really have a hard fall.  She isn't very good at her job (unlike Oliver, Tafoya, etc.), and has the kind of face that may not age very well.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

• 40,395 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:03 AM

Finally! An Andy Adler sighting! She is back!!! Well at least somewhere else, but still. Great to see her doing well. Appearance at 5:45:

yo.

#96 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,696 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:16 AM

She looks unhealthily thin :(  Especially in her arms which you can tell is not a natural thinness.   I wonder if she has other problems :(

Edited by Majesty, April 12, 2014 - 12:16 AM.

• 40,395 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:19 AM

^ While I agree to some extent, I'm amazed she's still courageous and willing enough to actually put herself out there like that, especially in the public eye. She HAS to know that people will pick up on that right away nice or not.

yo.

#98 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yes those arms were skeletal. Hope she is ok healthwise

#99 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 12, 2014 - 05:26 PM

She went from LA to NY news. Impressive.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,395 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 06:34 PM

^ Actually she was already in New York before she did the Laker job here in L.A. and now is back there once again. NY to LA to NY, hah.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users