Photo

Lakers' Jaime Maggio Presents At L.A. Area Emmy Awards (Pg. 6, #112); Joins TWCSN Lakers, Andy Adler Gone

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,742 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 19, 2013 - 07:33 AM

urt either naive or not into women.

Women are objects of desire.

We are attracted to them. We procreate with them.

We like women for how they look, especially the ones we don't know anything about.

On TV, you HAVE to look at least decent to average

JVs5SPbWTnSZ6INUYzpJ_judge_judy.jpg

Yea but Alder wasn't good looking (IMO) and she wasn't even good at what she did. At least Judge Judy is good at what she does.

You gotta have one or the other for TV.

• 40,556 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 11:28 AM

^ Yup, if you're a Female especially and you aint' that attractive, more likely than not, you better be extra damn good at what you do to make up for it or else you're more than likely screwed. Is it fair? Not exactly, but it's the harsh reality and it's the way the world usually works, especially the world of entertainment & sports with Men dominating the demographic. Some try to be PC about things, but at the end of the day in so many phases of life, looks tend to matter or at least give the unfair advantage & bias from the get-go, again especially for Women.

yo.

#63 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 19, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Glad you still find the need to defend yourself  :coffee:

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

• 40,556 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 02:20 PM

^ Stop masterbaiting.

tumblr_m5b52eW4xi1qj8o9go1_500.gif

I don't want more controversy from you. Heed the mod's advice:

Knock it off.

Edited by    , September 19, 2013 - 02:23 PM.

yo.

#65 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,961 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted September 20, 2013 - 02:00 AM

That is the most disturbing GIF I've seen to date.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#66 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,872 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 20, 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thank god they got rid of skelator. She was annoying and hard to look at. 

#67 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 20, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Dang Jamie got that twerk material. I also hear she is a quality reporter. Deadly combo, she might be a keeper.

• 40,556 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 10:06 PM

^ Yeah, she's really sweet too with a great personality. Def. wifey material.

yo.

#69 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 20, 2013 - 10:07 PM

That is the most disturbing GIF I've seen to date.

luckily its a mask.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#70 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,591 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 21, 2013 - 04:00 AM

Plenty of men who are [expletive]ty at this job. Craig Sager comes to mind. Has to dress like a colorblind pimp to make it all about him and not the athlete. Not a huge fan of barkley either but he has some moments when he's not repeating himself twice for every point he has to make. Shaq adds zilch too imo.

Always loved hanah storm and she was one of the early women to break through.

My favorite basketball analyst at the moment is Brent Barry on nba tv. That dude is insightful with a great delivery, demeanor and just the right amount of funny. Always thought the lakers should snap him up as an asst coach with head coach potential.

TWC seems like minor league when i come to LA and watch it. That 'coach' is awful whoever he is.

Bottom line is longtime fans were spoiled by Chick and all others circling that orbit seem to fall short save for very few no matter what area of broadcasting they inhabit.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#71 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,591 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 21, 2013 - 04:06 AM

urt either naive or not into women.

Women are objects of desire.

We are attracted to them. We procreate with them.

We like women for how they look, especially the ones we don't know anything about.

On TV, you HAVE to look at least decent to average

Then please someone explain Doris Burke??

Hideous and terrible. 

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#72 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 04:20 AM

Plenty of men who are [expletive]ty at this job. Craig Sager comes to mind. Has to dress like a colorblind pimp to make it all about him and not the athlete. Not a huge fan of barkley either but he has some moments when he's not repeating himself twice for every point he has to make. Shaq adds zilch too imo.

Always loved hanah storm and she was one of the early women to break through.

My favorite basketball analyst at the moment is Brent Barry on nba tv. That dude is insightful with a great delivery, demeanor and just the right amount of funny. Always thought the lakers should snap him up as an asst coach with head coach potential.

TWC seems like minor league when i come to LA and watch it. That 'coach' is awful whoever he is.

Bottom line is longtime fans were spoiled by Chick and all others circling that orbit seem to fall short save for very few no matter what area of broadcasting they inhabit.

They get by on their "TV" personality, whether it's adding nothing and just trying to entertain, or being a joke, or being annoying, or being homers.  They are whatever sells.

That's why their opinions always change on TV.  They get paid to be that way cause it gets ratings.  If they really sat down and acted like civilized analysts, it likely wouldn't sell.   Unfortunate truth.

That's what the internet is for, and yet and still the majority don't even go to the true analysts sites, they just stick with ESPN or mainstream. 

It's a hard reality to have to understand that the true analysts on sites like this or the internet as a whole is a shrinking bunch, just like on the old school boxing forums where opinions would be really thought out.

For every thousand at a side like saddo, or a good mma forum to discuss MMA and or boxing, there's another hundred thousand on places like eastside or sherdog.

It's sad but true.  And TV is the same way.    There are very few that give it straight as it is, and because of that they are KNOWN in the broadcast world as 'straight shooters'.  People like Howard C, or Chic Hearn, people like that are a rare breed which is why they are so special. 

But nowadays personalities sell, and then they sell the story, however butchered the truth is.   Very few analysts on TV have the bravery to be a straight shooter and STILL deliver, they usually try to go to one or the other extreme even if it's something they don't really believe. (See First Take).

So for me when it comes to Jaime, I'm looking for her to do her job well, looking good is a bonus to that if people watch for it but at least they get the right info.  

And she does a fantastic job at both so no complaints here :)

But if she was JUST pretty, and had no clue what she was talking about, I'd take issue.   Give me Eva Longoria over Paris Hilton ANY DAY!!

• 40,556 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 02:12 PM

But if she was JUST pretty, and had no clue what she was talking about, I'd take issue. 

As would I although you & many won't believe it that's fine. I said it from the beginning praising not only her looks but mentioning how she's a natural at this and has a great personality & comes off as genuine.

Edited by    , September 21, 2013 - 02:23 PM.

yo.

#74 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 02:13 PM

Not a fan of either to be honest physically. Not enough meat on their bones. Similar to Adler, but I guess you've revealed your preference, which is fine for you.

I wasn't talking about body preference :)

I'll explain the point I was making

I was saying give me intelligence and beauty over just a pretty face ;)

Edited by Majesty, September 21, 2013 - 02:15 PM.

• 40,556 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 02:25 PM

^ Well yeah, I got you the first time as I'm sure you saw and agreed with you, just happened to miss your correlation with Eva & Paris & how they tied into your point. 1/2, Dwight free throw status.

yo.

#76 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,223 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 22, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Never understood how Adler got the job.

Is her dad they guy siting next to jack Nicholson ?
Lou Adler?

• 40,556 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 10:56 PM

^ I used to wonder that myself. Tried looking it up and doesn't seem to be the case. She could've possibly had other connections though who knows?

yo.

#78 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 5,082 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Damn !  McGee and Dave Miller looks really happy with the change.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Have any of you here been watching Access Sportsnet Lakers and or Lakeshow the past few weeks?

I think she's been awesome. Such a cool down to earth chick.

I've also loved the addition of Beto Duran. He'll be featured mainly on the Spanish Deportes channel, but he's appeared already a few times on the English side & he's just great. He's known as one of the bigger true Laker insiders out there and he shows it time & time again.

Trudell was on yesterday as well & of course he's always good.

The Maggio addition just helps so much overall. She seems to have great natural chemistry with just about everyone.

251c54482bcb11e3893922000aeb0bbd_7.jpg

Edited by    , October 04, 2013 - 12:43 AM.

yo.

#80 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:09 AM

What I like is that Maggio sounds like she knows what the hell she is talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users