Photo

Lakers' Jaime Maggio Presents At L.A. Area Emmy Awards (Pg. 6, #112); Joins TWCSN Lakers, Andy Adler Gone

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,581 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 13, 2013 - 05:45 PM

You guys should learn how to respect women.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 05:49 PM

You guys can't be that clueless right? It's a part of the business almost 90 some percent of the time when you're working sports or the entertainment industry/television.

You've got to have good or great looking people, especially if you're a Woman. Fair or not, that is usually the case. You guys know this, c'mon now.

If she or any other didn't feel comfortable with what comes with it and what's asked of it, they wouldn't be doing it. Give me a break with the sympathy talk & get off the high horse. Most women love the attention anyway or else they'd find another avenue where they knew they wouldn't get it or at least not nearly as much.

yo.

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 13, 2013 - 05:50 PM

I don't think it's a big deal

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,705 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Sex sells.

It is what it is.

MMiRi9s.png

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Some hardcore feminism.

nomaam2.jpg

i don't know [expletive] about either woman but I would hope they're hiring the other chick because she's simply better at her job than her predecessor

Oh she is. I can guarantee you that and no I don't just mean looks. I've followed her work for years from back in the day with KCAL 9 & originally the Lakers then, to some of her gigs with the NFL, Dodgers, Angels, TNT/TBS, & Clippers to name a few. She's an all-natural when it comes to her work. It really shows & comes off. Passionate, knowledgeable, & great extremely easy-to-like personality. Wifey-material status for many admirers.

Edited by    , September 13, 2013 - 06:05 PM.

yo.

#26 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,224 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted September 13, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

EyMlHkX.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 07:25 PM

These Women know what they're getting themselves into, especially in sports where you know the majority of the audience is gonna' be male quite obviously. Don't feel too "sorry" for them. They're well aware and they're making bank. Nobody's forcing them to join these public eye endeavors & everything that comes along with it.

yo.

#28 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,839 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Does Jamie have a victory dance?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:06 PM

^ Hahaha I'm afraid not, but who knows, maybe the two of them run into each other and it's passed on.

She was just on a short while ago apparently covering some Galaxy. I think I might just need to start watching some of that now.

BUFasbeCcAAglxQ.jpg

yo.

#30 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:31 PM

watched a related video.....off topic completely lol but....

aaron paul was on the price is right???

and his enthusiasm...omg...priceless

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:33 PM

^ Yeah, come join us in the "Breaking Bad" thread from time to time.

yo.

#32 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,592 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I just don't think Andy Adler is a very good tv personality.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 09:07 PM

^ Exactly. I'm not just judging or anything based on looks alone, sadly, she made too many mistakes on even what you would think simple things such as reading tweets. I'm sure she's a very kind person & all (hopefully, sure seems like it), but at the end of the day, if there are better people out there in both aspects, then sorry, but that's just part of the business sometimes. Sincerely wish her the best though.

yo.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 13, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Andy was cute and quick, I liked her.

jamie is cute and sweet and quick and I like her too.

BTW, respecting women is a matter of opinion.

Society is a trip. you know we are attracted sexually to women and some of you may be young and some may just be not experienced with women, but physical attraction is the MAIn thing men and women have in common.

We're cats and dogs in many ways but that's another discussion

#35 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,821 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 13, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Some hardcore feminism.

nomaam2.jpg

I'm watching this and dying.

Impossible is nothing.

#36 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 13, 2013 - 10:42 PM

I liked Andy Adler at times. She seems like a nice person. My only concern with her was that there were times (especially when she would laugh) when she would sound like a group of fighting cats. Got annoying.

#37 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,544 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:19 AM

lol....what

#38 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 14, 2013 - 01:17 PM

These Women know what they're getting themselves into, especially in sports where you know the majority of the audience is gonna' be male quite obviously. Don't feel too "sorry" for them. They're well aware and they're making bank. Nobody's forcing them to join these public eye endeavors & everything that comes along with it.

lol.. this is a very misogynistic remark. 

A primarily male audience does not give the right for that audience to then objectify a woman on the belief that "that's what she signed up for."

Sorry, that's just a cop out to me.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#39 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 14, 2013 - 01:27 PM

But yeah, huge welcome to Jamie

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 01:35 PM

^ At least spell her name right though. Looks like you're the one being disrespectful there.

and no offense Windu, but I gotta' laugh at you liking that. You're one of the people here who should least be liking a post like that. :laughing:

Seriously.

"Emperor Of The Hot Girls Thread"

C'mon man. Stop. :laughing:

Right, cause you've never been attracted to Women or admired the creation of such beauty. I totally believe you. :laughing:

Besides the argument isn't whether it's "right" or "wrong", that's irrelevant. The fact of the matter is these Women are smart or at least one would hope smart enough to realize & be aware exactly of what they are more than likely getting themselves into, especially with a dominating male audience the field being sports so if they were so offended by it and or appalled, they wouldn't sign up for it in the first place. What's so hard to understand about that? I bet there's plenty of Women, who could do the same job, but would never subject themselves to it because of what comes with it and I totally respect that. Either way, it's their decision just as it is those who do decide to join. Don't feel too sorry for them. Not much need to.

By the way, you can admire a Woman's beauty while at the same time respecting who she is and what she does. Nothing wrong with being complimented on being attractive, especially if you put yourself out there in the public eye knowing damn well you're in a position of typical "eye candy". It's not just sports. It goes for most of television and mainstream media in general. You know damn well looks more times than not play a big role in these sorts of things. Is it fair? Not really, but that's just reality. Accept it.

yo.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)