20 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:39 AM

Due to all those critical articles that came up days ago, I wonder if our lakers organisation has become such bad reputation through the last months and years of FA actions etc..

- Dwight leaving

- FA 2014 the thinking of getting new stars etc.. overlooking ourselfs maybe???

- Kobe not a good teammate etc

- Sessions left after 0,5 years

- Fisher trade after all what he has done etc...

- DAntoni over Jackson

-Lamar Trade etc

what do you guys think??

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Definitely have had some poor decisions lately.

We will recover once MDA and Pau Gasol are gone.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Add to your list:

-the lack of tradable assets

-MDA as current coach

-death of Jerry Buss

-roster full of older core players and younger "retreads" of questionable ability

To address your point, I dont think we are currently viewed as a "first choice" destination, for a collection of reasons.  We can certainly get that back, but it will take some time now.

BTW, I am impressed that you routinely post on an English language website.  You are much braver than me, I would be embarrassed to try the same thing on a German language site.

#4 KjaX24

KjaX24

KjaX24

• 305 posts
  • Name:keith jackson
  • Fan Since:a wee little lad

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yes, as of late, we have made some rather strange? choices. I do believe though, that since we are in such a big market (one of the biggest in the world) all of these "small" hiccups won't even matter in the long run. Every franchise has periods with little slips, just remember we are known for "bouncing back".

Edited by kj24, September 12, 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#5 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:54 AM

But why then were we in the 1980s so great and so gloryfied by all the people in the world? and right now I feel like we are swimming in a big big gap of water without any destinational spot...

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#6 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:37 AM

People just love to hate the LAkers & create fake news. Dont worry about it. Things will correct themselves eventually & LAkers will be back on top = its only right!

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,122 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:46 AM

nope we haven't in my opinion

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:57 AM

this happens whenever we do bad. but than we win multiple championships in a row  :laughing: and they all shut up and start sucking us.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#9 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 08:09 AM

this happens whenever we do bad. but than we win multiple championships in a row  :laughing: and they all shut up and start sucking us.

hahaahahah i love u

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Sorry to break it to you, but the Lakers have always had a bad reputation to opposing fans.

We are one of the most hated team in sports. Just how it is. Just learn that it's irrelevant to worry about how people view the Lakers.

#11 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted September 12, 2013 - 09:08 AM

^ They're also one of the most loved teams, for the same reason they are one of the most hated. Can't name a team with more fans than the Lakers, it's not even close. 

And the Lakers will be fine. They were awful in '92-'94, way worse than they have been the last couple years, and they landed on their feet. Those events listed by the op are so insignificant. It's the Los Angeles Lakers, that brand will not be tarnished because Ramon Sessions went to the Bobcats lol. We replaced him with hall of famer Steve Nash, so I don't think our reputation took a hit there. Lamar Odom is a total scrub now, Fisher hasn't done anything of any significance on the court in years, Dwight Howard was a one year rental. He didn't choose the city of Houston over the city of Los Angeles, he chose the personnel in Houston over the personnel in Los Angeles. He wanted to be with younger players, he wanted a coach who values bigs.

Point being, the Lakers are just in a weird transitional phase. With the death of Jerry Buss, the departure of Phil Jackson, Kobe is on his way out but he's still good enough to be the man, so it's gonna be hard to persuade a young superstar to come play second fiddle to him for a few years. There's just a lot of weirdness surrounding the team right now, similar to the end of the Magic Johnson era. We won't be contenders for a little while in my opinion because of this, but it's the Los Angeles Lakers, they will bounce back. 

The Lakers are the most recognizable basketball franchise in the world, they don't have a bad reputation. LA is the second biggest market in the country, basketball means more in Los Angeles than any other sport, so there will always be players who want to come here. Just have to get through these "dark ages" first. 

I always come back to the Yankees when talking about the Lakers (and I hate the Yankees lol), but I would never say they have a bad reputation. The Tampa Bay Rays have a bad reputation. The Charlotte Bobcats have a bad reputation. Not the Yankees. Not the Lakers.

Edited by djcovi, September 12, 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#12 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,523 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted September 12, 2013 - 10:31 AM

^ They're also one of the most loved teams, for the same reason they are one of the most hated. Can't name a team with more fans than the Lakers, it's not even close. 

And the Lakers will be fine. They were awful in '92-'94, way worse than they have been the last couple years, and they landed on their feet. Those events listed by the op are so insignificant. It's the Los Angeles Lakers, that brand will not be tarnished because Ramon Sessions went to the Bobcats lol. We replaced him with hall of famer Steve Nash, so I don't think our reputation took a hit there. Lamar Odom is a total scrub now, Fisher hasn't done anything of any significance on the court in years, Dwight Howard was a one year rental. He didn't choose the city of Houston over the city of Los Angeles, he chose the personnel in Houston over the personnel in Los Angeles. He wanted to be with younger players, he wanted a coach who values bigs.

Point being, the Lakers are just in a weird transitional phase. With the death of Jerry Buss, the departure of Phil Jackson, Kobe is on his way out but he's still good enough to be the man, so it's gonna be hard to persuade a young superstar to come play second fiddle to him for a few years. There's just a lot of weirdness surrounding the team right now, similar to the end of the Magic Johnson era. We won't be contenders for a little while in my opinion because of this, but it's the Los Angeles Lakers, they will bounce back. 

The Lakers are the most recognizable basketball franchise in the world, they don't have a bad reputation. LA is the second biggest market in the country, basketball means more in Los Angeles than any other sport, so there will always be players who want to come here. Just have to get through these "dark ages" first. 

I always come back to the Yankees when talking about the Lakers (and I hate the Yankees lol), but I would never say they have a bad reputation. The Tampa Bay Rays have a bad reputation. The Charlotte Bobcats have a bad reputation. Not the Yankees. Not the Lakers.

Very well said.

#13 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted September 12, 2013 - 10:33 AM

The quality of English here makes me sad. And i am not even a native speaker.

#14 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,448 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 12, 2013 - 11:45 AM

The owner dying doesn't give you a bad rep. WTF

veqdeg.jpg

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,869 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 12, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Sorry to break it to you, but the Lakers have always had a bad reputation to opposing fans.

We are one of the most hated team in sports. Just how it is. Just learn that it's irrelevant to worry about how people view the Lakers.

Thanks.

Just to further add,what's a bad rep?

One season underperforming which was a playoff exit in the first round?

A second round exit by Mike Brown, and a second round sweep of Phil Jax/

@ titles?/

A finals run?

Two first round exits by Phil jax?

One missed playoff.

A finals run.

A second round exit

Three titles

Yeah we suck

#16 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,245 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 12, 2013 - 12:13 PM

Within this century the Lakers have been the team to win the most rings. Folks hate them, but like sugar, it's hard to stay away from them.
Posted Image

#17 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,488 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 12:16 PM

As long as we're willing to spend money, which I don't see that changing then we will always have a chance to be great.

Yes, there are more details/decisions than that like coaching, staff, players obviously, etc but one of the things that separates us from other teams besides our city is our willingness and ABILITY to spend money.

Look at the Thunder/Harden situation if you don't believe me.....

#18 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:08 PM

A franchise like ours can't help but invite more criticism than most teams. 

#19 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:10 PM

The quality of English here makes me sad. And i am not even a native speaker.

You forgot to capitalize "I".

#20 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:51 PM

It's like any dominating team in sports.  When they win, they get all the the worship, praise, and compliments.  However when they don't win they get thrown under the bus and every single possible negative aspect that can be drawn out is highlighted throughout the media. Many of the factors you mentioned weren't exactly management or the organizations fault.

-Dwight leaving (The only way he would have stayed is 1) Amnesty Kobe, or 2) Win a ring)

-FA 2014 (Don't forget what the front office did in 2013 acquiring Nash and Dwight without nearly as much salary cap)

-Kobe not a good teammate (Positive Kobe articles tremendously out weigh negative ones)

-Sessions left after .5 years (Purely his decision, plus we had acquired Nash, dude could't handle the big lights of LA)

-Fisher Trade (A majority of Lakers fans in 2010 wanted a new PG anyways and acquiring Jordan Hill worked well.   Keep in mind Fisher also left us before)

-D'Antoni over Jackson (The only decision I still question till this day... bad move haha)

-Lamar Trade (The deal for Chris Paul was probably the greatest deal in sports history, not our fault Odom was unprofessional afterwards)

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users