#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:18 PM

You are cherry picking my statements.  I also said that Pau should have been traded for value after the 2010 Finals and no at 36 if Kobe is our only star on the team we aren't to win a championship.  Blame the coach all you want.  What coach do you have in mind? Let me guess Phil Jackson lol.

I never said that Kobe doesn't have use.  Go change your tampon. You don't read and you obviously don't have much of brain to think either.  Do yourself a favor and just ignore anything I say.  You are too emotionally attached to Kobe to even understand what I was saying. 

You catching feelings? I can tell your angle because you use it all the time and you get butt hurt when you're challenged on it. 

I'm not cherry picking anything. I simply posted WHAT YOU STATED. If Kobe is our only star...then why do you want to get rid of him? This is what I'm talking about: You're all over the [expletive]ing place with your statements. I may not like Pau Gasol (the player) but at least I'm damned consistent about it. 

MDA is getting paid is he not?

What coach do I have in mind? Damn near anyone; go out to the playground and find someone who can hold a clipboard and there's our coach...or at least a better coach than MDA. Yes, that was an exaggeration btw; but we don't have to go all the way to top of the totem pole in PJ to acquire someone better than MDA.

Edited by Windu, September 12, 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:27 PM

Lakers will be fine.your not talking about the clippers here. Kids .just be patient

Lakers will be fine ...define fine ... and when?

Clippers, um I would rather have their issues right now than ours.

Be patient ... until when?  When do we get to start holding the responsible parties accountable for this mess?

Debbie Downer

#23 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:43 PM

What mess you expect us to be in the finals every year? We didnt do too bad last year if kobe wouldnt of gone down I firmly believe we would of took san antonio out.

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 11, 2013 - 03:05 PM

We didnt do too bad last year if kobe wouldnt of gone down I firmly believe we would of took san antonio out.

lmao

Pau Gasol is GONE

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,185 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 11, 2013 - 03:08 PM

What mess you expect us to be in the finals every year? We didnt do too bad last year if kobe wouldnt of gone down I firmly believe we would of took san antonio out.

At the level Kobe was playing at.... Probably.  It's not like San Antonio would have been able to crowd the paint the way they did with Kobe out there. 

At the very least that series goes 7.  If Kobe never goes down we make 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.  Not sure about a championship.

But we had been beating Golden State all year except the game when Pau was getting re-acclimated and missed 10 open shots at the basket.  

Come time for the playoffs the Lakers vs GSW matchup would have been the true "test"

if we beat Golden State we likely beat the Grizzlies too.  

Cards WERE really falling into our laps in our favor,  San Antonio, Golden State and the Grizzlies in our way to get to the finals.

With a healthy Kobe who knows, BUT we still would have went up against Miami in the finals whom we hadn't found an answer for all year.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#26 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted September 11, 2013 - 03:12 PM

Agree with the conclusion, disagree with all of the reasons provided. In fact, it's a horribly written article that misunderstands... everything.

1) It's true that some stars don't like to play with Kobe. But Kobe's not the problem. He wants to win and he's stated in the past that he wants to see the Lakers in a good place competitively when he's done. He won't take the vet's min, but he'll take a significant pay cut. Also, the writer's supposed evidence that people don't want to play with Kobe is just hearsay. I do think it's true some people (plays in Houston, I think) don't want to play with Kobe but I don't think it's as big a factor as the writer says it is. Melo loves Kobe and I think there are at least some other stars (Kevin Love maybe) who would love to be a Laker. Despite all the crap he gets, Pau still wants to be a Laker. Shaq never wanted to leave LA even if he hated Kobe, he just wanted to get paid and Dr. Buss said no.

2) As somebody mentioned earlier, the guy completely misrepresents the situation with Ramon. Sessions HAD to leave because the Lakers chose Nash over him. Plus, he wanted more money which the Lakers weren't willing to give him. Sessions had nothing but good things to say about the Lakers and Kobe. I have absolutely no idea how the writer came to the conclusion that Sessions didn't want to play here. He must have an active imagination.

3) And then again the writer goes off into vivid imagination land when he talks about Nash. Steve was talking about adapting his game to Kobe's in that quote. He was just stating the obvious that the two of them as ball-dominant guards would have to adjust to playing with each other. Besides, if Nash was not that "joyous" about playing with Kobe, why the hell did he voluntarily decide to come to the Lakers in the first place? If Kobe's mere existence is enough to deter stars from coming to LA, wouldn't Nash have chosen to go to New York, or Toronto, or somewhere else?

4) The new CBA's impact is overrated. The Lakers may not necessarily have the ability to outspend everyone in raw numbers per se, but smart spending by clearing cap and keeping away from toxic contracts and a general willingness to spend cap money will always give the Lakers an advantage. I mean, there's a reason why teams that spend tens of millions of dollars on Hedo Turkoglu, Gilbert Arenas, and Rashard Lewis don't win championships. The Lakers have always had good front offices and that hasn't changed (probably). As long as they spend their money wisely, they'll always be able to acquire big names because other teams are bound by the same rules and not everyone will have the same amount to spend at once. Even then, there's no certainty that small market teams can shell out the money freely to land big names even if the CBA levels the ability of teams to spend. Sure, a small market team may want to win, but who's to say the owner will be willing to unload twenty mil to get a guy and go way over the cap? The Lakers will still be doing that years from now.

Like I said, I agree that the Lakers are headed in a bad direction, but the reasons this guy gives for saying that are a joke. This article is garbage, like my sig.

Posted Image

#27 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted September 11, 2013 - 03:17 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...win-free-agency

Many hear call me negative but the storm brewing is real.  Most will probably dismiss the article is pure nonsense though...

It is nonsense because that article is somehow making a case against 34 years of Buss ownership and their ability to put together a wining and marketable product on the basketball court floor.

That [expletive] doesn't get thrown out the window because of one bad free agent signing.

Dwight was an exception to what has been the rule. 

That rule, is that playing for the Lakers is highly [expletive]ing profitable for any free agent that decides to come LA. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#28 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted September 11, 2013 - 03:41 PM

This is like hanging a hunk of raw meat in front of me ... you a troll or something?

Debbie Downer

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,518 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:07 PM

I strongly agree, just not in 2014....unless you consider Carmelo someone worth throwing 100M at for the next 4 years..

It is nonsense because that article is somehow making a case against 34 years of Buss ownership and their ability to put together a wining and marketable product on the basketball court floor.

That [expletive] doesn't get thrown out the window because of one bad free agent signing.

Dwight was an exception to what has been the rule. 

That rule, is that playing for the Lakers is highly [expletive]ing profitable for any free agent that decides to come LA. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,518 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:10 PM

You done [expletive]in' boy? We can agree to disagree.  Still won't change my stance and we will continue to disagree that the future of this team shouldnt be wasted on building around Kobe at the age of 36.  Time will tell though.

You catching feelings? I can tell your angle because you use it all the time and you get butt hurt when you're challenged on it. 

I'm not cherry picking anything. I simply posted WHAT YOU STATED. If Kobe is our only star...then why do you want to get rid of him? This is what I'm talking about: You're all over the [expletive]ing place with your statements. I may not like Pau Gasol (the player) but at least I'm damned consistent about it. 

MDA is getting paid is he not?

What coach do I have in mind? Damn near anyone; go out to the playground and find someone who can hold a clipboard and there's our coach...or at least a better coach than MDA. Yes, that was an exaggeration btw; but we don't have go all the way to top of the totem pole in PJ to acquire someone better than MDA.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:15 PM

What ever you say geezer seems like alot of you are on your f period today

#32 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,461 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:17 PM

Somebody pass the popcorn...

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,518 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:23 PM

You are the preteen running around that can't formulate a full sentence.  Seek rest...

What ever you say geezer seems like alot of you are on your f period today

#34 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Lol you got a broom up your rear and pick fights with everyone like a dumb punk..so slow your roll tpain I aint the one kid

#35 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:32 PM

:juggle:

#36 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,518 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Lol at you e thuggin now..you aint the one lmfao

Lol you got a broom up your rear and pick fights with everyone like a dumb punk..so slow your roll tpain I aint the one kid

#37 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:39 PM

Lol no ones thuggin but you walk around here picking on everyone like your some type of professional nba analyst. Windu already shut you down bro so .I need to say anymore

#38 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:43 PM

23m7tjd.gif

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#39 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:45 PM

I strongly agree, just not in 2014....unless you consider Carmelo someone worth throwing 100M at for the next 4 years..

At that price, probably not.

Then again was Dwight going to be this teams future savior and worth 100m?  Personally, I would say no. 

At a fair price and with a decent team of role players I think Melo is a sound choice for this teams future. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,518 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 04:52 PM

True but D12>Melo but Melo is perceived as a superstar by some so the likelihood of him taking a real discount is probably close to none

At that price, probably not.

Then again was Dwight going to be this teams future savior and worth 100m?  Personally, I would say no. 

At a fair price and with a decent team of role players I think Melo is a sound choice for this teams future. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users