#1 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:56 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...win-free-agency

Many hear call me negative but the storm brewing is real.  Most will probably dismiss the article is pure nonsense though...

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:02 PM

Obviously when you get to the point in the article of the guy not thinking Kobe would take a paycut basically ignoring that Kobe said he would after saying he wouldn't in a not serious way you see the way the article is turned.

Anyone can find a negative schewed article much like one can find the other.

But this article is trying to sell, Kupchak doesn't think we can get a star, Kobe can't be amnestied cause Metta is gone, and Kobe isn't gonna take a paycut! Kobe is a difficult teammate, people won't want to play with him!  From a set in stone mindset.

And then tries to say that Pau Gasol, Shaquille O’Neal and Andrew Bynum weren't at their best in LA and didn't get the ball enough :smh:   So Shaq didn't get the ball enough?   And then they say that Sessions chose not to play with Kobe and decided to become a backup in Charlotte rather than play for the Lakers... when that couldn't be further from the truth in what happened.   This guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Did you write that Jody?

it is a nonsense article Jody.  and not because "people don't want to see the truth"

One guy commented on the article calling out the Sessions part

Using Ramon Sessions as an example shows how shallow of an article this is. Ramon left in hopes getting more money. He wanted to resign with LA, but they got Nash.

And someone responded "another Laker fan that can't handle reality"

No.  What that guy said was the truth.

And the truth ain't always negative.    You call some Lakers fans blind but you find that article legitimate despite all the holes in it.  Perhaps they aren't the blind ones.  Maybe you got your own "glasses" you should take off.  Cause impartial you're not.

Edited by Majesty, September 11, 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Actually no because I don't totally agree with the article but I do agree with the big picture.  Finding a star guy in their prime is going to be very hard in the current state of the Lakers espcecially if they seek to the glitz and glam of being THE guy. 

Obviously when you get to the point in the article of the guy not thinking Kobe would take a paycut basically ignoring that Kobe said he would after saying he wouldn't in a not serious way you see the way the article is turned.

Anyone can find a negative schewed article much like one can find the other.

But this article is trying to sell, Kupchak doesn't think we can get a star, Kobe can't be amnestied cause Metta is gone, and Kobe isn't gonna take a paycut! Kobe is a difficult teammate, people won't want to play with him! From a set in stone mindset.

Did you write that Jody?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,741 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Every player had there best time in LA from smush Parker to shaq

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#5 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:08 PM

I don't think star guys are going to avoid a Kobe led Lakers b/c the perception that he's a complete dick, I think it will fall somewhere in the space of why come here if I'm just going to be his side kick and take the heat from the fans if we fail.  Kobe stans (fairweather Laker guys) never fault him for anything.  None of the failures are ever b/c of anything he ever did.  Just like realist like me and even his haters see this the players have these same thoughts. 

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:10 PM

I don't like the article. It reeks of "Amnesty Kobe Bryant" (considering the OP...this is not a surprise) and fails to mention a major negative within this organization right now: Mike D'Antoni.

Lost Ramon Sessions? Who?  :yawn:

How do you become a more attractive franchise? You start by rectifying mistakes and that begins with firing Mike D'Antoni. If you don't do that, then every other move is pointless.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Nice diss but I've never been from the Amnesty Kobe crowd idiot

I don't like the article. It reeks of "Amnesty Kobe Bryant" (considering the OP...this is not a surprise) and fails to mention a major negative within this organization right now: Mike D'Antoni.

How do you become a more attractive franchise? You start by rectifying mistakes and that begins with firing Mike D'Antoni. If you don't do that, then every other move is pointless.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:12 PM

It also said that LA wasn't the best place for stars like Shaq and Gasol who didn't get the ball enough :smh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Nice diss but I've never been from the Amnesty Kobe crowd idiot

Are you sure? Must be the Tanking crowd then

I know there are a few posters here who are advocates of amnesty Kobe and tanking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you "affiliated" with one or both of these pathetic notions?

Edited by Windu, September 11, 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Tanking and rebuilding are not one in the same.  Tanking is losing games on purpose.  Rebuilding is acknowledging I cannot win with this team its time to make moves so we can get back into contention later.  You're a guy that thinks Pau is trash wtf do you know.

Are you sure? Must be the Tanking crowd then

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Tanking and rebuilding are not one in the same.  Tanking is losing games on purpose.  Rebuilding is acknowledging I cannot win with this team its time to make moves so we can get back into contention later.  You're a guy that thinks Pau is trash wtf do you know.

Did I mention anything about rebuilding you illiterate [expletive]? 

And I suppose you're a guy who thinks Pau Gasol isn't trash? There hasn't been any "material" for the last few seasons for you to say he's not. Stop paying attention to bull[expletive] articles and try watching some ball games first dumbass.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:21 PM

Lmao you mad? You can't even clearly articulate yourself.  You must be a kid.  Anybody that thinks Pau Gasol is a trash player should never even discuss basketball let alone be a Lakers fan.  Pau is not a star player IMO but he is far from trash.  I watch plenty of ball and not just Kobe highlights which is probably what you do. 

You accused me from being from the tanking crowd when I suggested in an unrelated thread that the Lakers should start rebuilding earlier not later. 

Did I mention anything about rebuilding you illiterate [expletive]? 

And I suppose you're a guy who thinks Pau Gasol isn't trash? There hasn't been any "material" for the last few seasons for you to say he's not. Stop paying attention to bull[expletive] articles and try watching some ball games first dumbass.

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Wow, you claim I can't articulate myself right after I call you illiterate...good job on that one.

You can't prove that Pau Gasol ISN'T trash because that proof does not exist. I'm not going to get into another debate with blind people who have some sort of inexplicable soft spot for Pau Gasol. The Pau Gasol that HELPED us win a couple championships is long gone and has been for quite some time.

Be consistent in what you're saying. You're the same guy who said:

Personally I think they should go full rebuild

What's "full" rebuild bruh?

I don't think they owe Kobe and Pau anything to be honest.

They don't owe Kobe anything? And not even your boy Pau Gasol? You know, the guy who you think ISN'T trash?

I love Kobe and appreciate Pau's contributions in 08-10 but its time to the hard stance and let them go IMO.  Pau should have been gone. 

I'm confused...maybe you can help me out here??? So which is it? Is Pau good or not? Did you or did you not say we gotta get rid of Kobe? I'm looking right at it tho...am I'm hallucinating here or what?

Need more?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Letting Kobe go after his contract is up and amnestying him are 2 different things.  I stand by my statements as well.  Nothing I said contradicts.  Pau is 33, getting older but can still play but not a guy worth investing the future in past this season.  If Kobe isn't getting any better and he's 35. 

That thread was discussing the future and a lot of 2015 talk.  If we are talking about building a foundation in 2015 (2 years from now) how on earth does that foundation start with a guy that will be 36?

Wow, you claim I can't articulate myself right after I call you illiterate...good job on that one.

You can't prove that Pau Gasol ISN'T trash because that proof does not exist. I'm not going to get into another debate with blind people who have some sort of inexplicable soft spot for Pau Gasol. The Pau Gasol that HELPED us win a couple championships is long gone and has been for quite some time.

Be consistent in what you're saying. You're the same guy who said:

What's "full" rebuild bruh?

They don't owe Kobe anything? And not even your boy Pau Gasol? You know, the guy who you think ISN'T trash?

I'm confused...maybe you can help me out here??? So which is it? Is Pau good or not? Did you or did you not say we gotta get rid of Kobe? I'm looking right at it tho...am I'm hallucinating here or what?

Need more?

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:58 PM

Kobe will have long retired before he reaches the point of being of no use to this franchise (which he is nowhere near btw).

I'm not sure what your main feeling is with regards to Pau Gasol because I'm getting mixed signals. In the other thread, you said:

Not sure why people keep defending Pau either.  He's chumped out under every situation we needed him after the 2010 Finals.

But anyway...

With regards to Kobe, I'll tell you what BBallIQ said:

u are just far too focused on his age.

Kobe Bryant can still get it done but he needs a competent coach and some help on the court. That 20 million dollar PF...Center...whatever the hell he is...is not going to help Kobe so don't hold your breath.

MUST GET A COACH

Edited by Windu, September 11, 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#16 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Lol.

#17 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:04 PM

You are cherry picking my statements.  I also said that Pau should have been traded for value after the 2010 Finals and no at 36 if Kobe is our only star on the team we aren't to win a championship.  Blame the coach all you want.  What coach do you have in mind? Let me guess Phil Jackson lol.

I never said that Kobe doesn't have use.  Go change your tampon. You don't read and you obviously don't have much of brain to think either.  Do yourself a favor and just ignore anything I say.  You are too emotionally attached to Kobe to even understand what I was saying. 

Kobe will have long retired before he reaches the point of being of no use to this franchise (which he is nowhere near btw).

I'm not sure what your main feeling is with regards to Pau Gasol because I'm getting mixed signals. In the other thread, you said:

But anyway...

With regards to Kobe, I'll tell you what BBallIQ said:

Kobe Bryant can still get it done but he needs a competent coach and some help on the court. That 20 million dollar PF...Center...whatever the hell he is...is not going to help Kobe so don't hold your breath.

MUST GET A COACH

#18 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:08 PM

I agree with the overall premise of the article.

But, I don't think he's right with some of the things he's saying. The Lakers are obviously not going to use bird rights to go over the cap to re-sign players. So, I think cap holds won't be a factor. The Lakers can also "stretch" Nash's contract using the new stretch provision to free up more cap room.

They'll have the cap space if they need it, but I think the Lakers have some work to do to appeal to FAs. Being the Lakers alone isn't enough. They need a better coach and they need to get other players to even have a shot at appealing to star players. Firing MDA and overpaying for very good players are probably the 2 biggest things they can do to attract a superstar.

Posted Image

#19 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:11 PM

As much as I think there are many, many fans here who cannot face the reality of where this franchise is at and where it appears to be headed, there is way too much wrong with this article to take it seriously.  Let's move on.  Time to start camp so we actually have some news to discuss.

Debbie Downer

#20 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lakers will be fine.your not talking about the clippers here. Kids .just be patient

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users