"To whom much is given much is tested."

#22 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 05, 2008 - 04:43 PM

Please... that was against the freaking Warriors... Talk to me if he dropped that on the likes on Duncan, Dwight, etc...

Nothing against him, but still...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#23 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 05, 2008 - 05:52 PM

its funny b-cuz after this contract i could see him wanting to play with his brother for a chip
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#24 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,938 posts

Posted November 05, 2008 - 07:22 PM

WHY DIDN'T YOU TRADE SUN YUE MITCH!!!!!!!! :clap:

Edited by Icker, November 05, 2008 - 07:22 PM.

#25 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2008 - 12:20 AM

Are you kidding me?!

One game against a team with no center and suddenly Mitch made some big mistake?!

Please guys, the Lakers got Pau Gasol for table scraps for Pete's sake.

By the way - anyone see his monstrous 5 pt. / 6 reb. performance against Sacramento tonight?

That's what I thought.

#26 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,665 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2008 - 12:21 AM

Memphis woulnd't want Sun, he is totally raw, they needed a center now, and MArc has way more experience, he isn't going to post this kind of numbers every night, 10-10 would be a normal game for him. It would be great to have him, but we are fine as we are now.
Posted Image

#27 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 06, 2008 - 02:15 AM

Are you kidding me?!

One game against a team with no center and suddenly Mitch made some big mistake?!

By the way - anyone see his monstrous 5 pt. / 6 reb. performance against Sacramento tonight?

That's what I thought.

Fido fido, relax man! I have no idea why so many of our fans can just say things off the bat only after they seen crazy performances...or nonsensical comments. Just ignore them...I'm tired myself of seeing all those.

#28 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,665 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2008 - 07:47 AM

Are you kidding me?!

That's what I thought.

Of course he didn't do a mistake, but about the 5pt/6 rb game, If they don't give him the ball, he can't do anything.
Marc Gasol had a 2-3 in FG throws
Rudy Gay 5-12
Oj Mayo 10-19

If he is given the ball he will have more 27 pt games....
Posted Image

#29 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 06, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Don't be ignorant and don't come off souding like a hater fido if you don't truly know what you're talking about in the first place. I've followed Marc's games ala the league pass and I can tell you for sure they are some bleeped up arseholes some of his teammates. As netlord pointed out, there are some horrid inconsistancies with them giving him the ball and looking to him, mayo & gay hog it up most of the time, marc isn't always gonna' get his looks because of that unfortunately. I was watching yesterday's gamea gainst Sacramento and those bleepers were being complete arseholes, something they've done before. Why? Could be several reasons, but I won't speculate too much nor say.

& another thing, I don't think anybody's saying they regret the deal completely, who would? Even with Marc being the way better player than most of us even outside of the Lakers thought, still, we got Pau, an all star big man with a lot of skill and finesse, and he helped us get to the freakin' finals. So don't overreact buddy and come off sounding like a hater or something. I GUARANTEE you Marc will have more games like he did against Golden St. GUARANTEE! and if you don't believe that, then I'll take your word for it and when he does, which can be sooner than later seeing as how that was only his 4th nba game, I will come back and show you what you said and you will have been OWNED buddy.

I literally saw the game and they rarely went to him in the post yesterday compared to the Golden St. game, again, hard to do anything when you're hardly getting the ball/your own damn teammates are looking you away for whatever the reason, only 5 FG attempts yesterday. Have some more understanding before you say stuff please.

#30 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:43 PM

mitch should have taken marc out of the deal an replaced him with turiaf

4th game an he's already better than turiaf will ever be..

Agreed haha. Although it is too early to jump to conclusions I think he'll do just fine in the NBA.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#31 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:50 PM

Trust me, I'm relaxed - very relaxed.

What I'm a hater of is people going nuts over one stinkin' game. Nobody takes into account the circumstances of any particular game (ala the Warriors having a 6'10" Biedrins as their go-to big guy). i hear this junk all the time. some fans lose their mind when someone has a couple dunks or has one good game amidst 10.

I'm sure Gasol will be a good pro, but the way some around the Laker fan base react to to things like this is ridiculous. I never said I hate the guy, you sound like you're on the defensive a bit too much about the guy. He'll more than likely have more good games. But if you keep coming back spouting off about one game amongst 20, "owning' me won't happen. Circumstances or not, if a player is on an extremely good level, they'll find their stats, they won't have to depend on the rest of the team to give it to them.

Myself, I come from rationality over the long run, not over-reaction over the short run.

#32 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:57 PM

I understand where you're coming from, but even then, you failed to admit you were wrong on some fronts, and whether you choose to accept that or not, that's of course your choice, but I'm here to tell you I could not be any more surer you are wrong on this one.

Agree to disagree. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users