Photo

Lakers Pre-Training Camp (Steve Blake Interview)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 15, 2013 - 09:17 AM

what happened to the cdr stans and cdr himself?

I remember when we were all hyped for the season last year and the forums were full of daily activity.  :eh:

Edited by Ham, September 15, 2013 - 11:02 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 15, 2013 - 01:54 PM

what happened to the cdr stans and cdr himself?

I remember when we were all hyped for the season last year and the forums were full of daily activity.  :eh:

CDR is likely coming to camp but it's unsure as of right now.  He spoke about killing his ego and trying to make the team but there hasn't been any news since then, we'lls ee in training camp if he's there.

If he is, it basically comes down to Landry or him.  Cause right now(with Kelly) we'd have 15 players signed...

So unless we haven't decided on Kelly no one has a shot at making the team from training camp.

So that is an issue. 

Shawne Williams is making the team most likely because of the unsureness around Kelly and the fact we'd likely play Williams at the 4.

The question is what happens with Xavier Henry.   

It will come down to these three imo

Xavier Henry, CDR(if he comes to camp as the Lakers want him to) and Marcus Landry. 

That's about it. 

Cause If you look at everyone we've signed

Nash, Blake, Farmar
Kobe, Young, Meeks
Johnson, Henry, Harris
Hill, Williams
Gasol, Kaman, Sacre

That's 14 players signed.   Kelly has yet to be added to the roster but everyone expects him to be ans Landry's contract isn't guaranteed so Kelly would be the 15th

Camp invites with no contracts are

marcus landry, nick mannerath, cdr, and probably the rest of our summer league roster..

I expect Josh Selby, Travis Hyman and Lazar Hayward to be on our pre-season squad too.

So the pre-season extra's I expect are

Josh Selby(1)

Marcus Landry(2,3)
CDR(3)
Lazar Hayward(2,3)
Nick Mannerath(3,4)
Travis Hyman(5) 

That should round out the training camp roster just fine.    I also have a fear I'll see Lester Hudson again.. and I want that guy as far away from a Lakers uniform as possible!

Edited by Majesty, September 15, 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Jordan Hill returns

Tim DiFrancesco @tdathletesedge

@jordanchill43 back in LA & right back in the weight room like usual! #LakersWork #CookBandFMS pic.twitter.com/9Q2gUs0b0n

BUJ1LDbIQAAQrMk.jpg

Welcome back Jordan!!!!! 

Edited by Majesty, September 15, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#44 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Tokyo Ghoul

• 8,415 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Get a haircut, Hill.

MMiRi9s.png

#45 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,285 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:12 AM

nicee

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Xavier Henry, Shawne Williams and Marcus Landry working with @madsen_mark this morning. pic.twitter.com/ZExaCGXtdQ

BUZKX6vCcAA6-j5.jpg}

Good signs, something tells me that this time will have a better idea of what they are going to be running when the season begins, the reserves and bench players at least trying to make the team.  

Also like hearing we're practicing alley oops from different angles.. wonder what the team will look like, the young ones are gonna get some burn so we'll be fun to watch.

If we can rack up some early wins our older players can rest a bit more.

The pre-season should be fun, after the first 2(weeding out the bad players) games,

Edited by Majesty, September 17, 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm checking out a Lakers scrimmage at the practice facility; everyone on the roster but Gasol/Kobe are playing (Farmar was here earlier).

Among those looking good so far are @SteveNash and @steveblake5. Nash is moving well, shot looks pure as ever.

Blake, who played so well down the stretch especially last year, is doing a bit of everything well. We'll be chatting with him afterwards.

Injuries from last season to Jordan Hill (hip) and Jodie Meeks (ankle) have healed nicely. Both are moving well.

Here's steveblake5 about to drain a three on Tuesday at the LAL facility. http://instagram.com/p/eX2-tLS7zM/

003267801fcd11e39b7122000a1f9a64_7.jpg

GOOD NEWS ALL AROUND!!!

#48 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 17, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Kobe and Pau are the keys though

Consider this

If Kobe and Gasol are still a destructive duo that can  can take a team out down the stretch

I look at Nash as better than Fisher ever was, even at this advanced age.

I see Blake and farmar without Nash, as a better version of the point guards we had our championship season.

I think Kaman and hill can be better than Bynum and Lamar was on our championship seasons.

I think Wes Johnson,Meeks, Nick Young can be better than Sasha,Brown,Ariza,Artest in our championship seasons.

#49 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,362 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 17, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Kobe and Pau are the keys though

Consider this

If Kobe and Gasol are still a destructive duo that can  can take a team out down the stretch

I look at Nash as better than Fisher ever was, even at this advanced age.

I see Blake and farmar without Nash, as a better version of the point guards we had our championship season.

I think Kaman and hill can be better than Bynum and Lamar was on our championship seasons.

I think Wes Johnson,Meeks, Nick Young can be better than Sasha,Brown,Ariza,Artest in our championship seasons.

Kobe and Gasol won't be that destructive duo they once were.  They'll be good, but not a duo that can carry a team to a title. 

If the Lakers are going to do anything this season, it's going to be a complete team effort.  Nash staying healthy will be key.  

Also, we had a championship system and coach under Phil Jackson that made the pieces fit and controlled player egos.   The system we have now along with the coach cannot be defined with the word "championship" and D'Antoni does not have a good history of controlling egos.  

We'll be better than most people think, but it's unfair to size this team up to our championship teams.  There are too many questions that need to be answered and well, those teams won back to back titles, this team might not even win the Pacific Division crown.

#50 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,068 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 17, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Health health health. One more time. Health. Is the biggest key.

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Steve Blake said we should expect to see more pick and roll this year than last year.

When Blake was told that we didn't run pick and roll last year as much as they wanted to, Blake sort of nodded. We know who he was thinking about.

The followup question was what separates Kaman, in that gives Blake the confidence that the Lakers will run pick and roll this year as opposed to last year

Blake: His willingness

BOOM!!!

I'll have Blake's full interview up later. 

I'll post the video but I'll also write up a transcript for those that are on mobile or can't stream.

Edited by Majesty, September 18, 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#52 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 18, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Steve Blake said we should expect to see more pick and roll this year than last year.

When Blake was told that we didn't run pick and roll last year as much as they wanted to, Blake sort of nodded. We know who he was thinking about.

The followup question was what separates Kaman, in that gives Blake the confidence that the Lakers will run pick and roll this year as opposed to last year

BOOM!!!

I'll have Blake's full interview up later. 

I'll post the video but I'll also write up a transcript for those that are on mobile or can't stream.

much appreciated

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Shawne Williams pre-camp.  Bit late and before he was at the lakers facility but I didn't want to go searching for his thread to put it in. Will put some more updates here soon :)

https://vine.co/v/blUbnADtUXV

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Training camp starts this Saturday but most of the team is already in the gym working out together. pic.twitter.com/Gou14jwnP5

BU3jHUeCMAA0jqW.jpg

INTERVIEW WITH WES JOHNSON!!

http://www.nba.com/l...nsonmov-2598560

He seems REALLY happy :)  Like what I'm seeing

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:37 PM

1. Shawne Williams getting shots up with video coordinator @JustOutlaw by lakers http://bit.ly/18Y2d0i

BT_yRc3IUAA6kgh.jpg

#56 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Apparently from the above, D'antoni's been implementing his offense with all the young guys and the guys at the facility for the past month and Nash has been there teaching them the best spots they can go to in the system to find their best shots and opportunities etc.

That's good to hear.

Only guys that haven't been able to participate have been Kobe(who HAS been there and offering advice and such but has been rehabbing so he can't physically do it yet)  and Gasol(who hasn't been in the US but has been working out hard wherever he is around the world)

Edited by Majesty, September 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:06 AM

While Mitch was holding his press conference, @SteveBlake5 was out on the practice floor working with @madsen_mark. pic.twitter.com/2OgiM5ZSZO

BVCMe2HCUAA2c_I.jpg

Tuesday's 5-on-5 run. pic.twitter.com/omsf8zX1sK

BU9Haj0CMAIB2F-.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users