#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 10, 2013 - 10:15 PM

A young athletic a team built around Kobe Pau and Nash with Phil as coach is pretty scary

Yes it is!!

That's why I said after my book report that if the team was like it is now and had Phil.. it'd probably be 08-09 all over again.

It's just a shame that if Phil was the coach then we likely don't get Farmar,Young or Williams and would just be going into this season with Johnson and Kaman.

If THAT is the case.... meh.. probably wouldn't do much.

However if Phil had the team we have right now... that IS a scary proposition considering how deep we are and the fact that Phil could play two guys at both Kobe and Nash's positions and Nash could get some rest as well as an easier role.

Could you imagine Nash off ball consistently, and being able to rest on a back to back cause we could have Farmar OR Blake start and either would be adequate just not as accurate and could give different looks?   Could you imagine having TWO backups for Kobe at Phil's disposal like Young and Meeks?   Or with Gasol having a backup that is like Kaman who can virtually play the same style role in the triangle that Gasol can?  And has a better mid range shot? 

Yes, this team with all their depth right now is deadly if Phil was our coach while we have all these players.  sad thing is that a lot of that youth likely doesn't come because they don't want to play in the triangle./

Farmar and Young I am sure wouldn't have.

Farmar doesn't want to play in the triangle anymore and he's the one that told Young to come after already signing with the Lakers.   So there's that to think about. 

But if the stars aligned perfectly and we DID get all these guys this off-season WITH Phil. You'd be correct!

Edited by Majesty, September 10, 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,068 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 10, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Also Phil would manage everyone's minutes and wouldn't stunt the growth of younger players. Phil would dig into his bench and not have [expletive]ty rotations. I mean Phil got something even out of josh Powell and vlad rad at some point. Nash could easily average 16 playing off ball. He'd have so many wide open looks.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 10, 2013 - 11:11 PM

Also Phil would manage everyone's minutes and wouldn't stunt the growth of younger players. Phil would dig into his bench and not have [expletive]ty rotations. I mean Phil got something even out of josh Powell and vlad rad at some point. Nash could easily average 16 playing off ball. He'd have so many wide open looks.

Our crappy rotations had a lot to do with injuries.  Outside of our 7 there was only Duhon, Sacre, Morris and Ebanks =p 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,541 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted September 11, 2013 - 05:31 AM

Is this stat kinda like usage rate? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I don't exactly know what usage rate is lol. Which is a better indicator of how much a player contributes?

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,470 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 07:31 AM

The basic definition is the usage in the team offensive possessions or what not.  Possession ending up in a FG, assist or turnover.  Having a high one could be a double edged sword.  If Kobe had the highest total burden in the NBA with the latent we had last year that speaks to a lot of things that were very wrong.

Is this stat kinda like usage rate? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I don't exactly know what usage rate is lol. Which is a better indicator of how much a player contributes?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 11, 2013 - 07:47 AM

Vlad Rad was a 7 million dollar player, and he didn't fit with Phil as well as previous stops. Josh powell didn't do more than Leon Powe did for the Doc Riverds did he.

Nash and pau and Dwight were already hurt/injured when Phil would have been fired. Same with Blake. metta would have played worst in the triangle. Duhon and Morris would have been even worse in the triangle and Kobe had his best shooting percentage in years.

The team's struggles were NOT on D'Antoni, in was on the team.

#27 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 294 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted September 11, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, we've had this debate before as to who is responsible for Kobe's injury and his shooting too much, especially at the end of the game.

While no one will ever know for certain, except MDA and Kobe, I suspect it is the Kobster himself that dictates playing time and shots.  I say this because the only time I saw a coach, Phil Jackson publically call Kobe out for shooting too much, the next game he took like 8 shots, as if to say to Phil, yeah, up yours. 

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,470 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Once guys start to dish out equal blame to everyone that had a real hand in the demise last year we can finally move on.  MDA had his faults, D12, Kobe, Pau and most of all the front office for not having any foresight into the future post 2010 championship.  All of them had their hand in this season. 

Vlad Rad was a 7 million dollar player, and he didn't fit with Phil as well as previous stops. Josh powell didn't do more than Leon Powe did for the Doc Riverds did he.

Nash and pau and Dwight were already hurt/injured when Phil would have been fired. Same with Blake. metta would have played worst in the triangle. Duhon and Morris would have been even worse in the triangle and Kobe had his best shooting percentage in years.

The team's struggles were NOT on D'Antoni, in was on the team.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#29 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,068 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 11, 2013 - 07:31 PM

Team struggles including coaching. Just was a bad season. One I've already forgotten about. Seriously feeling a ton of excitement for this upcoming year. Not expected to do much but it should be a fun watch

#30 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:39 AM

its not to say up yours to PJ. Its to prove a point you cant win without Kobe being himself. If you want Kobe to lollygag like Dirk for 2 quarters a gm & take a backseat you have to surround him with better role players. Otherwise accept Kobe "Doing Work" cuase thats your best option for winning.

Yeah, we've had this debate before as to who is responsible for Kobe's injury and his shooting too much, especially at the end of the game.

While no one will ever know for certain, except MDA and Kobe, I suspect it is the Kobster himself that dictates playing time and shots.  I say this because the only time I saw a coach, Phil Jackson publically call Kobe out for shooting too much, the next game he took like 8 shots, as if to say to Phil, yeah, up yours. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#31 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,428 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 12:45 PM

That's pretty [expletive]ing childish of Kobe if he actually did that. What kind of crap is that? If one of the best coaches of all times calls you out on your bricks, man up and respond appropriately. 

#32 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,470 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hater!!! Heat fan! Go join the Heat boards

That's pretty [expletive]ing childish of Kobe if he actually did that. What kind of crap is that? If one of the best coaches of all times calls you out on your bricks, man up and respond appropriately. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users