Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,701 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 02, 2013 - 06:13 AM

I hope you enjoy it. 

I'll post more as I come across it, but I'm sure many of us haven't really seen him since he left the Lakers or since he went overseas so I thought I'd post some stuff he did so we can get a grip on a few things, if not for any reason than to keep us entertained, what is for sure is he isn't the same he was and is a better pick and roll player and a better shooter than he was with us. He'll do well in this offense, but anyway here's some of Farmar you may not have seen lately.  

And because I hate the Spurs I'm just gonna randomly throw this in

Anyway...

What's evident is that Farmar did get schooled on a few more basic things overseas and "seems" to be a better decision maker and defender as well as showing a better ability to get his own shot, there is about 3 or 4 other euroleague clips on the site but not on youtube so I'll see about downloading them and seeing what I can put here.

Anyway, I think he is probably the most underrated signing we've made this off-season.

Remember when I said last year that it would be the "worst" year to get Dwight? 

Well this may be the "best" year to get Farmar and the right system too.   That plus playing under Phil DOES give him some experience with playing off ball as he was forced to in the triangle, but when he went abroad to New Jersey and later to the euroleague he got a LOT of pick and roll and a lot of defensive drills, so he may be coming to us as the most complete we've had him, so I look forward to seeing what he can do in this offense.

If he's able to give us anything close to what Sessions did and actually allows Kobe to take time off ball in certain circumstances then it's a success in my eyes and this offense is the perfect to see what he can accomplish in, he couldn't be walking into a better opportunity or system so hopefully we get the best out of him and will see what he can do after the experience of having to run an offense in Europe.   Working with Nash won't hurt either but the point remains.

Anyway hope you enjoy the footage and hopefully it can spark up some off-season chat and liven things up in this bit of a lull period while we wait to see if certain free agents are released =p

Edited by Majesty, September 02, 2013 - 06:16 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2013 - 06:31 AM

Don't see too much of a difference. His shot looks a little better (not aesthetically pleasing but it goes thru the hoop), his handles still look the same.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 02, 2013 - 07:14 AM

DSPEED, I miss that so much I actually vouched for Morris last season

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,701 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:58 AM

He'll definitely be running the fast break that's for sure.   Imagining him on the fast break with Young and Johnson is a fun thought =p

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 11:15 AM

The thing about a speedster like JF is, he can make Kobe more effective in the fast break, his speed is a threat, so when Steve, Steve B., or Kobe stops at the 3 point line, they will have a relative easy jumper in transition.

I just think it's Farmar's job to make Blake expendable . I think it's Blake's job to do just what he did to close out last season, and I think it's Nash's job to be efficient as a scorer and a bit more efficient with his a2t ratio

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,701 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 11:21 AM

The thing about a speedster like JF is, he can make Kobe more effective in the fast break, his speed is a threat, so when Steve, Steve B., or Kobe stops at the 3 point line, they will have a relative easy jumper in transition.

I just think it's Farmar's job to make Blake expendable . I think it's Blake's job to do just what he did to close out last season, and I think it's Nash's job to be efficient as a scorer and a bit more efficient with his a2t ratio

Which would make Meeks job to last on this team past the trade deadline =p

#7 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted September 02, 2013 - 12:55 PM

I see Blake getting moved at the deadline, or before.  That is 4 million dollars that they can get to being closer to the luxury tax by the end of next June.  Hopefully Farmar isn't Darius Morris 0.5.  

#8 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,111 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2013 - 01:03 PM

Blake can be of value to a contending team. Just dunno what the market is for him

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 02, 2013 - 01:03 PM

Farmar won't beat out Blake

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted September 02, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Farmar won't beat out Blake

Agree. But if they aren't good by feb I could see Blake traded.

#11 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 03, 2013 - 01:05 AM

With Nash's body going the way it is, I don't see the Lakers moving Blake whatsoever.

The guy had a great season last year and having two point guards, both of which can play off-guard at times, behind Nash is a wise idea.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,701 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 08:39 PM

With Nash's body going the way it is, I don't see the Lakers moving Blake whatsoever.

The guy had a great season last year and having two point guards, both of which can play off-guard at times, behind Nash is a wise idea.

AGREED!

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 09:46 PM

I like Blake, but most of his contract he was not the player we wanted, I think Meeks and Blake equal about 7, don't think you can't call Fisher out of retirement as a 3rd PG if you really need it, but I think 7 is right around the number players will be available for in this year where tanking will be real.

#14 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,288 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted September 04, 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'm excited and I wish he never left

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 04, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Fisher re-signed with the Thunder.

Blake played great last season and deserves to play out his contract.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Fisher re-signed with the Thunder.

Blake played great last season and deserves to play out his contract.

Blake had great moments last season, but missed a ton of time. Been injury prone his whole time, has done nothing for the Lakers overall in his tenure.

I'm not on this trip to get rid of Blake, but he doesn't deserve a pass for his bad play and inability to stay healthy .

He hit a GW 3 his first game, is tough and scrappy and a decent defender against small quick PGs, but soometimes he can't hit a shot, and a guy like Will Bynum will torch him, and he gets turnovers,.

He and Meeks could both be gone, that's all I'm saying.

If we play as well as I expect, we'll be looking to add that final piece by the deadline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users