知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,079 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 11, 2014 - 08:25 PM

My brother got it for PC

Allows only 1 save at a time, so waiting for him to finish

I thought that that was lame. I am sure that someone will create a profile manager, however. It should only be a matter of time.

The game is pretty interesting. You get a reputation similar to Fallout. If you kill civilians in cold blood, you will develop a negative reputation. if you only play as a vigilante, you will develop a positive reputation. As you unlock more skill points, you can acquire new cars, utility skills, hacking abilities, et cetera. You can, say, remotely conrol a camera and conduct surveillance on potential criminals. If you are being chased, you can hack bridges and traffic lights to evade police. Gangs will also chase you if you are getting in their way.

If you get bored free roaming, there is also a story to follow. Overall. it is Grand Theft Auto meets Assassins Creed, with a hacker twist. If you get bored of GTA quickly, this game might not be too different for you.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#63 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,644 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted June 16, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Watch Dogs Mod Adds Dynamic Shadows From Headlights, Bloom, and Other Improvements Don’t like how Watch Dogs looks on PC? Mod it! 2567457-0974244055-24053.png

Regardless of how good you think Watch Dogs looked when it finally came out when compared to its initial unveiling at E3 2012, if you own the game on PC, don’t mind tinkering, and have the hardware that can handle it, you can make the game look better thanks to some resourceful modders.

For example, if you've seen this video, which compares Watch Dogs to the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV (released in 2008) you've probably noticed that one thing Watch Dogs lacks is dynamic lighting from cars’ headlights.

Guru3D forum member TheWorse is working on a mod that adds that visual effect to Watch Dogs, along with a lot of other features. The mod, which you can find on Guru3D, also aims to add an improved bloom effect, higher density of civilians, and more.

Watch Dogs broke 24-hour sales records for Ubisoft and went on to sell more than 4 million copies in its first week. Ubisoft expects Watch Dogs to sell 6 million total units, the same lifetime figure of the original Assassin's Creed. At E3 2014, Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key told GameSpot that Watch Dogs is now officially a "franchise."

Source: http://www.gamespot....s/1100-6420498/

Mod link

I tried and yes, the graphics are better. Not like E3 2012, but better than that of the released game.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#64 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 16, 2014 - 12:59 PM

The game is pretty interesting. You get a reputation similar to Fallout. If you kill civilians in cold blood, you will develop a negative reputation. if you only play as a vigilante, you will develop a positive reputation. As you unlock more skill points, you can acquire new cars, utility skills, hacking abilities, et cetera. You can, say, remotely conrol a camera and conduct surveillance on potential criminals. If you are being chased, you can hack bridges and traffic lights to evade police. Gangs will also chase you if you are getting in their way.

If you get bored free roaming, there is also a story to follow. Overall. it is Grand Theft Auto meets Assassins Creed, with a hacker twist. If you get bored of GTA quickly, this game might not be too different for you.

The game is interesting but it needs a lot of improvement.  Granted this might be the first of many series coming out so I always give the first IP a little leeway but at the same time, with the hype this game had for the past two years, it didn't live up to it.

I am not going to b***** about the graphics because it looks pretty decent for my tv and I play on a PS4 not the PC which my PC can handle easily.   Yes its not 1080p blah blah blah but its close to me and it still looks nice.

Anyway that crap out of the way, there are so many things that needs improvement for this game.  Lets talk about game play.  The game play is fun but nothing ground breaking.  You run like an Assassin creed character. Not surprising since it was made by the same company.  You can't parkour like assassins creed but you have more mobility than GTA characters had.   Driving in this game needs imrpovement but it wasn't a huge problem for me since I didnt buy this game for driving.  One problem I had was for some reason you can't shoot out of a car.  They forced you to use hacking ability to stop cars when you chase them. Thats fine and dandy but there are times when you just want to shoot the guy while driving.   The reputation system is a good idea but it is quite pointless.  Even if you max out your reputation, you wont get any award. Not even a trophy.  All you will get are people not calling the cops on you and a nice radio commercial saying the people is backing the vigilante. And you dont even need to max it out. All you need is to be above the line of reputation.  The story is generic and very predictable.  The single player compaign is actually pretty short.  The open world is not that big. Probably be the size of GTA V Vinewood area.  And most of the side missions are repetitive.    The only thing that is really good for this game is the multi player and the online hacking session. Other than that, it needs a lot of improvement.    Now it seems like I am bashing on this game a lot. Im not. It was very fun to play IF you play it correctly.  WD is about hacking so if a player go into a mission and wanting to just shoot up the place and not kill enemies with hacking and stealth, they probably wont enjoy it as much. Some mission you need to shoot up the place but most of the mission you should use the cameras and stealth. I find that much more fun.  

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#65 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,079 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2014 - 04:33 PM

I am not going to b***** about the graphics because it looks pretty decent for my tv and I play on a PS4 not the PC which my PC can handle easily.   Yes its not 1080p blah blah blah but its close to me and it still looks nice.

Have you tried out the new "E3 mod?" http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=390114

Makes the game look a lot better.

14238494378_58bd906922_h.jpg

14428220152_5dae42663c_h.jpg

LMY3Du8.jpg

4ujl.png

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#66 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,285 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Cousin who just got it is selling it for $40 lol.

Said it was kinda like GTA w/o the fun.

#67 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:53 PM

Cousin who just got it is selling it for $40 lol.

Said it was kinda like GTA w/o the fun.

I'm still trying to complete the story line, it's really long. I'm on act 3/5 and have played for about 20 hours already. The games pretty fun. You can be stealthy and use anything electronic as and advantage or run in guns blazing. Anything can be hacked which is really cool. If someone likes gta then buy that, this game is different, not as a fun as gta v. But this game has a more serious feel to it.

#68 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted June 20, 2014 - 12:55 AM

man this game is disappointing

#69 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,080 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 11:52 AM

Had a "free" game from when I traded in games to Target a month back. Decided to download this since there's not much else out right now.

#70 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,285 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 06:25 AM

Amazon has it for $36 as it's "Deal Of The Day" special for anyone interested.

#71 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,080 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 08:14 AM

^That's a good deal. I didn't really put much time into it but its definitely a fun game. Just not incredible is all.

#72 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,872 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted August 26, 2014 - 09:01 AM

Amazon has it for $36 as it's "Deal Of The Day" special for anyone interested.

40 bucks for PS3...tempting

Posted Image

#73 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,285 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 06:41 PM

Told myself I'd get TLOU before this tho few weeks back, plus I've heard more negatives than positives about this game.

I've gotten way too many open world sandbox style games over the years(GTA 4, The Saboteur, Red Dead Redemption to name a few) to know I'll play it for a week then get bored. If I combined the progress I've made in those games it'd be like 40%. No more.

will be getting GTA 5 tho!

#74 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 27, 2014 - 07:44 AM

Told myself I'd get TLOU before this tho few weeks back, plus I've heard more negatives than positives about this game.

I've gotten way too many open world sandbox style games over the years(GTA 4, The Saboteur, Red Dead Redemption to name a few) to know I'll play it for a week then get bored. If I combined the progress I've made in those games it'd be like 40%. No more.

will be getting GTA 5 tho!

Depends on how you like to play in terms of open world and sand box style game.  I enjoy open world games but not to the same degree as most open world sandbox lovers out there. Majority of the sandbox lovers dont care much about the main missions or storylines but only care about blowing up things, doing stupid things and just mess around.  The best game if you are those type of player is Just Cause 2.  I for one enjoy main missions more than the meaningless side missions and if an open world game that has both, it will definitely my choice of "sandbox open world".  

The reason why I dont think you will enjoy WatchDog is because the story is weak, no character development at all and the side missions are lack luster and very repetitive. Side missions reminds me of Infamous Second son.   Many complain about the graphics but that to me doesn't really matter as much. The graphics when I play on my ps4 are pretty good. Sure its not a "next gen" graphics everybody hope for like the E3 showing but its not bad. People who complain about the game soley because of the graphics are just PC snops who is trying to cry about having a bad port for this game.  People should complain more about the storyline, the side missions and the character development.   It is obvious Ubisoft concentrate more on quantity instead of quality forcing you to play crappy repetitive side missions and tell you there is lots to do so it should be fun.

I kind of regret buying the season pass for this game. DLC for this game sucks and I am not hype for the Tbone DLC at all for some reason.

Edited by epicwolf, August 27, 2014 - 07:45 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users