#1 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2013 - 05:19 PM

The next installment in the Battlefield franchise in development by DICE is coming soon. An all new engine in Frostbite 3 is being built from the ground up to make the games physics, mechanics, gameplay, animations, graphics, audio and everything else all that much better. It's looking like an awesome game from all the E3 and Gamescon clips i've seen plus all the other clips that have been done by BF3 Youtube commentators like Lvlcap and RivalXfactor, among others.

Set to be released on October 29, 2013 in North America for Xbox 360, PS3 and Microsoft Windows.

November 15th release for Xbox One and PS4.

84681LZSCLDysL._SL1500_.jpg

Beta will be released in early October, and you'll have access to it if you're a BF3 Premium member or pre-ordered Medal Of Honor: Warfigher or pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition of BF4 on Origin.

Feel free to discuss the game and post any clips. 

Edited by ace™, August 31, 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#2 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,542 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:45 PM

the skyscraper falling was beast. when i saw that a while ago i got so hyped.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:57 PM

^Honestly, the first I'm going to do when I play that map is attempt to bring the building down. 

Because [expletive] PTFO, that's why.  :laughing:

Youtube BF3'er Matimi0 talks about BF4 shotgun attachments:

Complete list of all the weapons by LvlCap:

Edited by ace™, September 04, 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Can't wait to get this. The only game I pre ordered for my ps4 because it will keep me busy for a while.

I can't lie though one thing I hate about the game and say they need to take out is when an enemy is across the map and you see a red dot over their head, it is just so fake to me. It helps you a lot of course, but I feel like it just helps too much and makes someone who is trying to be sneaky or come up and flank not as possible since there will be a floating red dot pointing them out.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, September 04, 2013 - 07:13 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#5 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:26 PM

^It's the only launch game i'll get too. For the first 3 months or so I don't see myself getting something else.

And about the enemy easily being seen, I think what happens more times than not is the enemy will be spotted by someone else on your team, which makes them easier to see.

I do think that all FPS need some sort of thing above a players head to tell who the enemies are, especially with so many visual customization options when it comes to the uniform itself.

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:36 PM

^It's the only launch game i'll get too. For the first 3 months or so I don't see myself getting something else.

And about the enemy easily being seen, I think what happens more times than not is the enemy will be spotted by someone else on your team, which makes them easier to see.

I do think that all FPS need some sort of thing above a players head to tell who the enemies are, especially with so many visual customization options when it comes to the uniform itself.

I think you counter that just by having something above your allies head and nothing over the enemies. I mean If the player is spoted it makes they have a mark. But if you just scan an area and dont see someone but the game picks them up they mark them for you, I just dont like it. Im not a sniper or anything so its weird for me to complain about a thing that helps you get snipers, I think it just takes away from the game.

Also just watched the you tube thing with all the weapons, pretty sick they have a bunch of different melee weapons. Want to walk about with a machete and hack up those snipers ahaha

#7 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:44 PM

I like the current system as is, but would NOT mind your idea.

All the new weapons are looking good, although there's some notable weapons missing, like the AN-94 and my absolute favorite assault riffle in the F2000.

I like the current premium melee knife(ACB-90) aka the "box cutter" a lot, but i'll mess around with all the other melee knives.

Snipers and campers have GOTS to be dealt with. Take those tags plus tea bag em.

Did you know there will be a way to counter knife attacks now?

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:47 PM

I like the current system as is, but would NOT mind your idea.

All the new weapons are looking good, although there's some notable weapons missing, like the AN-94 and my absolute favorite assault riffle in the F2000.

I like the current premium melee knife(ACB-90) aka the "box cutter" a lot, but i'll mess around with all the other melee knives.

Snipers and campers have GOTS to be dealt with. Take those tags plus tea bag em.

Did you know there will be a way to counter knife attacks now?

How will that play out? Button mashing? And would have to be facing them too I assume? Im not someone that knifes at all unless some guy is just laying there staring some way or out a window.

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:53 PM

How will that play out? Button mashing? And would have to be facing them too I assume? Im not someone that knifes at all unless some guy is just laying there staring some way or out a window.

I believe you'll have an extremely short amount of time to press a specific button before you go into the knifing animation and get your tags taken, I think what happens is you punch the enemy and knife them back. Not 100% sure on all the details. Gonna look it up later on Youtube.

I like to knife, and i'll do it every chance I get. Have close to 2000 knife kills, i've taken tags for about 1800 of those 2000 kills.

#10 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 09:09 PM

It'll work kind of like this Philly:

Also you mentioned how exactly this was going to work and whether you had to be facing them to counter a knife attack, the answer to that is yes. You do need to be facing the enemy to have a shot at a counter. So take downs from behind are still a guaranteed kill, unless of course you get blasted by another enemy or the guy turns around and shoots you.

Here's another clip, this time a Jackfrags clip, that talks about knifing in BF4 among other things.

Edited by ace™, September 04, 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Actually watching the 2nd video it shows that you can counter when someone is behind you. I dont like that. Also a counter is cool and all but at the same time I think it is pretty simple for the community to get it down after a while, you know? I mean once second head on makes sense, but from the back you should probably have .5 if even that probably shouldnt be able to do it all. The animations for it look great nevertheless, just dont like the idea of countering a knife kill when someone sneaks up behind and should be able to slit your neck pronto.

#12 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:21 PM

^I believe in the Jackfrags clip above it actually says in the description that you can't actually counter a behind the back knife takedown.

That was a bug the DICE devs @ E3 talked about to someone there.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Jackfrags is pretty trustworthy when it comes to BF.

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 06:50 AM

^I believe in the Jackfrags clip above it actually says in the description that you can't actually counter a behind the back knife takedown.

That was a bug the DICE devs @ E3 talked about to someone there.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Jackfrags is pretty trustworthy when it comes to BF.

Well I hope that is right. I mean the gameplay at e3 was just pre alpha and could change, so maybe they got feed back from people saying they dont like the whole counter knife idea from behind and decided to take it out. I hope that is the case.

#14 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted September 05, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Looks pretty badass especially on the next consoles.   I wondered if it will still look badass on a PS3.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#15 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:35 AM

LvlCap showing us most of the weapons in BF4 in action in the latest BF4 build:

All BF4 Assault Riffles in action. Bunch of new weapons, improved sound, reload animations, etc:

All BF4 Light Machine Guns:

All BF4 PDW's:

All BF4 Field Upgrades:

JackFrags interviewing one of the DICE dudes, interesting discussion:

Still upset that the F2000 didn't make it in the vanilla version of BF4  :(

#16 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 07:38 PM

New multiplayer trailer:

tumblr_mkxnewxFa11qzfjkho1_400.gif

1x09-Storming-the-Castle-Animated-gif-Ex

tumblr_mpwmk3o8Ap1s7mdj8o1_250.gif

Excited.gif

Trailer breakdown by LevelCap(good stuff):

#17 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Beta today for premium members!

#18 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 08:41 PM

8/10 so far.

Feels like the game was slowed down a bit. Probably just a beta thing.

the customization menus are much improved.

used the ak-12 mostly for the assault class. My best match was 19-12, worst was my first where I went 8-10.

suppression has been improved. Graphics looked solid.

Can't wait for the PS4 version tho. Should be wayyy better.

#19 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 06:00 AM

8/10 so far.

Feels like the game was slowed down a bit. Probably just a beta thing.

the customization menus are much improved.

used the ak-12 mostly for the assault class. My best match was 19-12, worst was my first where I went 8-10.

suppression has been improved. Graphics looked solid.

Can't wait for the PS4 version tho. Should be wayyy better.

This. On day one I can't wait to fire this baby up and just play for a few days straight ahah

#20 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 06:29 AM

After watching plenty of pc gameplay the PS3 version just falls short. not just visually but the player count.

next gen should be more pc like for sure.

also the thing someone mentioned about losing the rounds in half full magazines when reloading, its true. Dont like that. Adds realism, sure, but I went thru all my mags in killing about 8 enemys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users