25 replies to this topic

#1 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.insidesoc...ern-conference/

We definitely could be in the top three in the West,” Hill recently said in a phone interview. “I don’t see why not. Kobe is making progress with his rehab [surrounding his left Achilles tendon]. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back at the beginning of the season or in training camp. I don’t know if he will. But I wouldn’t be surprised. I have faith in everything he can do. I believe in the Mamba. The sky’s the limit for him.”

Any thoughts on Hill's optimism?

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,348 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:05 PM

what else is he gonna say? 12th?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,901 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:06 PM

I can also win the Powerball drawing this week.
iyjywo.jpg

#4 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,165 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:08 PM

what else is he gonna say? 12th?

He could have just said they're going to do better than 12th place.

There's no way the Lakers make the top three unless every player is healthy, has a breakout year, and learns defense.

#5 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,165 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:09 PM

I can also win the Powerball drawing this week.

sh4r3 m3 ur s3cr3ts l0l

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,905 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Probably believes Santa Clause is real too.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Long as you're planning to play your heart out like you're trying to get there that's fine with me.

If all ya'll really feel that way and play your heart out every night like you want to get there then it doesn't matter if you are or not, I just want to see them play their hearts out like they think they are and with a chip on their shoulders.

That's all I ask.   Bring that aggressiveness every night.

Edited by Majesty, August 28, 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#8 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Would've left it at "we're a playoff team".

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:43 PM

:laughing: ok

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Tony Parker/Tim and manu could have BAd seasons, and that's not a reach by any means, so lets say age FINALLY catches up with SAS

OKC lost Kevin Martin and Westbrook FINALLY showed that he is not impervious to injury -Lets say they still finish top 3

Houston has Dwight who has had back surgery and who knows how he will hold up for a season, Harden was showing signs of injury late last season, and let's not start on Lin and/or Asik

Warriors finished 1 game better than us, they have  Iggy to incorporate, but also have a bulls eye on their back as far as being viewwed as a good team in the West.

Denver is dealing with Lawson as an injury, a new coach, and Danilo will be out.

memphis paid tony Allen, let's see what happens. Prince is no spring chicken, Zach is actually breaking down as well, plus a new coach and system.

Lakers have more than a chance and I can't wait until the season starts, so you guys can see that

#11 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 5,352 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Good news on Kobe. But the team will suck on defense.

Do not think Jordan Hill seriously believes the nonsense he is saying.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,026 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Good news on Kobe. But the team will suck on defense.

Do not think Jordan Hill seriously believes the nonsense he is saying.

Sure.  Just because you don't doesn't mean he doesn't.   If he doesn't he's in the wrong profession.

Ask Kobe, he'd probably say they'll be the number 1 seed.

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:56 PM

And I thought some people on this board were homers, Hill took it too a new level.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#14 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:11 PM

Tony Parker/Tim and manu could have BAd seasons, and that's not a reach by any means, so lets say age FINALLY catches up with SAS

OKC lost Kevin Martin and Westbrook FINALLY showed that he is not impervious to injury -Lets say they still finish top 3

Houston has Dwight who has had back surgery and who knows how he will hold up for a season, Harden was showing signs of injury late last season, and let's not start on Lin and/or Asik

Warriors finished 1 game better than us, they have  Iggy to incorporate, but also have a bulls eye on their back as far as being viewwed as a good team in the West.

Denver is dealing with Lawson as an injury, a new coach, and Danilo will be out.

memphis paid tony Allen, let's see what happens. Prince is no spring chicken, Zach is actually breaking down as well, plus a new coach and system.

Lakers have more than a chance and I can't wait until the season starts, so you guys can see that

Even with all the problems the other western teams you listed, Lakers are probably still weaker than them. lol.

Why didn't you mention some problems that Lakers have. So you're gonna mention dwight's back injury but fail to realize our best player is also coming from a serious injury. So lets go ahead and list some of the problems.

- Kobe is coming from an season ending injury. 

- Nash is 40.

- Pau Gasol is still soft and starting to decline just like Zach Randolph who you mentioned above.

- Jordan Hill also injured last year.

- Mike D'antoni

#15 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Even with all the problems the other western teams you listed, Lakers are probably still weaker than them. lol.

Why didn't you mention some problems that Lakers have. So you're gonna mention dwight's back injury but fail to realize our best player is also coming from a serious injury. So lets go ahead and list some of the problems.

- Nash is 40.
- Pau Gasol is still soft and starting to decline just like Zach Randolph who you mentioned above.
- Mike D'antoni

All you need to say was Mike Dantoni.

#16 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,277 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 09:05 PM

YES WE CAN

#17 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 28, 2013 - 09:26 PM

- Nash is 40.

- Mike D'antoni

My point is, in sports you have some teams that seem to have a magical run, even if it's not to a title. I would say the Spurs have one this season. You can talk about Indiana doing more than expected or Chicago.

other teams have everything go wrong, like the Lakers last season, or the Brandon Roy Portland teams or whatever,

So obviously, when I talk of a great year, I envision a scenario where Kobe is still great and nash and Pau get the most of the season healthy and both are healthier at the nd of last season than they were , and our young depth comes out and plays great. i want career years from some guys and other guys like Meeks and kaman to just be solid and have moments in big games, that you have seen before ,

Maybe Nash,Blake, and farmar can all as a unit be elite point guard production. maybe nick Young can supplement kobe in that perimeter role. Wes johnson could be an Ariza type player on this team , that's not a big reach by any means. Hill would have to have a breakout year, but at his age, it's not uncommon for a big fella to do so.

and still, that might be a reach to some but i saw a Kobe Bryant two years ago that wasn't as great as he was last season, a Pau and Bynum and Derek Fisher/Sessions and a bunch of rag tags go get a top 3 spot, in some ways the West is stronger than it was then, but at the TOP, I think you see a weaker SAS this season for sure, a weaker OKC from then and the Rockets are just a year away , and thee Warriors aren't that team, so I just think the Lakers have a shot, if you can erase how terrible most of last season was .

#18 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,036 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted August 28, 2013 - 10:15 PM

enhanced-buzz-29398-1371574367-4.jpg

Hold up, Jordan Hill!

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#19 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 28, 2013 - 11:55 PM

If healthy, there's no reason the lakers are at least an 6th-8th place team. Yes there is d'antoni.. but he's had some high win teams in his career and he started winning towards the end of the season. I think if they make the playoffs it's possible to make a run

ap1.png

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,026 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 01:39 AM

If healthy, there's no reason the lakers are at least an 6th-8th place team. Yes there is d'antoni.. but he's had some high win teams in his career and he started winning towards the end of the season. I think if they make the playoffs AND ARE HEALTHY it's possible to make a run

Fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users