108 replies to this topic

#101 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 29, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Lol. That did not help you case dude. I clearly said that you only watched game 4 of the finals and assumed that Wade is the momentum changer. Im obviously right since you cannot bring any other evidence to back you up. Just because Wade was the best player in game 4 doesn't mean he's the momentum changer through out the playoffs for the Heat. 

And for Mo Williams you stated before that he had to put the Cavs in his back late in the game because LeBron is choking or incapable of being a clutch player for his team. Now I want you to look at the 4th quarter of that game and tell me how exactly did Mo put the team on his back when LeBron scored 12 points while Mo scored 2. Please explain.

And just because a team did not win a championship that doesn't mean they are not a title team. Payton and Kemp were a title team thats why they made it to the finals.

Look at the box score. LeBron scores, rebounds and dishes, he can't help but t be great. Look at the plus/minus though. It's all there. Everyone who had an objective eye about LeBron said what I said about that game and he looked weird from the gate in that series, well from parts in that game, let me say that. it was just a weird situation , where the MVP did not look like the guy who was putting up 38 point triple doubles and front running and dancing all over the place. It was a pre cursor to the next year's Finals where he really became a soft minded individual in the late quarteres.

It's okay to say LeBron is great but not with the stuff inside that Larry, Jerry, Kobe, and MJ had.

he isn't a 2/3 and though Larry was a forward similar to LeBron, he was more perimeter oriented and Lebron's true strength as a scorer is inside.

LeBron is GREAt, but I don't think he has the heart of MJ or Kobe.

it's not a debate in my eyes.

It's something that I can't convince YOU, but I have no desire to

#102 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 29, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Spoken like someone who didn't REEEEAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GAME 1!!!!!!!

GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1 GAME 1.

GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE GAME ONE.

here is the link that BasketballIQ posted. So he's obviously talking about game 1.

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=300501005

If you click the link you'll see that its the stats for GAME 1. 

Please improve your reading ability. It will benefit you in the future. 

BTW, do you know what game we are talking about now? Just wanna make sure. 

ITS GAME 1 OF THE BOSTON VS CLEVELAND SERIES BACK IN 2010. REMEMBER GAME 1.

I'm talking about why he was crushed in the closeout game.

idk why people would complain about Game 1 really.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#103 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm talking about why he was crushed in the closeout game.

idk why people would complain about Game 1 really.

But we are not talking about the close out game of Game 6. Our argument started because he said "Mo carried LeBron late in game 1 of the series". NOT GAME 6. Your assumption is wrong because we were arguing about game 1 then you bring up game 6 and accused me that I didn't watch the game which is obviously not the game we were discussing.  Its okay to be wrong dude. I know you were just trying to show that I also didn't watch the game because you thought I was defending LeBron because his stats didn't reflect what was really going on in the game. Its just unfortunate that your assumption was wrong because you didn't bother to read what game we were arguing about.

Just don't pretend like you knew the whole time that I was talking about Game 1 and you started bring crap up about game 6. Like I said read better next time and try not to jump in without knowing whats really going on. Don't worry maybe one day we'll talk about Game 6 cuz right now thats kinda irrelevant. 

Edited by BlueJab23, August 30, 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#104 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's all relevant,  you want to argue semantics to escape the fact that leBron's blemish was a lack of heart in 2 big series, and I would argue 3, where against Orlando he allowed his ego to take over and in my opinion he was either trying to be Kobe or perhaps Mike Jordan, but it was another case in which his regular season game was more of a assists guy that wasn't a ball hog, he wanted to control every play in the playoffs, which wore him down little by little and really hurt his team's confidence.

In Game one, Mo Williams is in the headlines, why, because he led the charge back. he made key plays, i don't remember verbatim but I rememebr he sparked LeBron.

LeBron was weird in Game 1, I remember and obviously Game 6, he was not focused, but there were  other games in that series was his play was erratic and sometimes despondent.

Why do we need to even argue this point.

LEBRON IS GREAT, but in terms of his career, he has a couple of bad series that were HORRIBLE and when you see little signs of that against the Bulls, a little more against the Pacers and a little more against the Spurs, you question if this guy always has to take a step back, when another team is riding a wave of energy, or rather punching him in the mouth and playing physically zone defense on him everytime he touches the ball.I

#105 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,699 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:15 AM

But we are not talking about the close out game of Game 6. Our argument started because he said "Mo carried LeBron late in game 1 of the series". NOT GAME 6. Your assumption is wrong because we were arguing about game 1 then you bring up game 6 and accused me that I didn't watch the game which is obviously not the game we were discussing.  Its okay to be wrong dude. I know you were just trying to show that I also didn't watch the game because you thought I was defending LeBron because his stats didn't reflect what was really going on in the game. Its just unfortunate that your assumption was wrong because you didn't bother to read what game we were arguing about.

Just don't pretend like you knew the whole time that I was talking about Game 1 and you started bring crap up about game 6. Like I said read better next time and try not to jump in without knowing whats really going on. Don't worry maybe one day we'll talk about Game 6 cuz right now thats kinda irrelevant. 

Didn't I just tell you I was talking about game 6?  That should tell you that it's what I assumed you were talking about.

Dunno how you felt like I knew the whole time that you were talking about game 1. I wouldn't have talked about game 6 if that was the case -_-

For the record in game 1 was a combination of both Shaq and LeBron in that 4th quarter but that's another discussion. 

But as I said I don't know why anyone would complain about THAT one aside from his two missed free throws but that didn't matter in the end so w/e.

Edited by Majesty, August 30, 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#106 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:24 AM

Mo Williams finally rose to the occasion -- literally.

Williams delivered his first dunk for Cleveland, a resounding slam that stunned Boston's Paul Pierce, shook the arena and ignited the Cavaliers, who rallied for a 101-93 victory over the Celtics on Saturday night after being outplayed for much of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

#107 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,699 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:26 AM

#108 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Williams, though, was the one who carried the Cavs back. He scored 14 in the period and delivered his facial on Pierce that sparked the Cavs and a sellout crowd that was growing nervous with every Rondo drive, Garnett bucket and Ray Allen jumper.

Cleveland trailed 69-58 when Williams grabbed a loose ball and raced down the floor before slamming it over Pierce, who was probably expecting the guard to try a layup.

#109 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 30, 2013 - 06:00 AM

that's false advertising 

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users