108 replies to this topic

#61 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 28, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Epicwolf is just insecure about Kobe.  He's a Kobe stan masquerading as a Laker fan.  It's that simple.  I know plenty of them,  They all think everyone hates Kobe or that he doesn't get enough credit and praise despite that fact that he has been the most popular and praised player for the last decade or so.  They hate the fact that another guy particularly someone that has a different personality and style than Kobe is now the best player in the game and has been for at least 3-4 years. 

The hate is illogical.  Its like you can't praise Lebron without somehow taking a shot at Kobe.  I think everyone on this forum is probably a huge Kobe fan or at least a Lakers fan, if not you wouldn't be here.  The same things they accuse Kobe haters of doing they do it to Lebron.  Even worse is that Lebron has never been a rival of Kobe's and the Cavs and Heat have NEVER EVER been Laker rivals outside of the Shaq and Kobe beef but even then that wasnt a real rivalry. 

It got so bad that longtime Laker fans were rooting for the Celtics to beat the damn Heat lol.  The Spurs prevented a 4peat but guys are wanting Tim Duncan to get his 5th at the expense of Lebron getting only his 2nd.  It's crazy lol.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#62 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Epicwolf is just insecure about Kobe.  He's a Kobe stan masquerading as a Laker fan.  It's that simple.  I know plenty of them,  They all think everyone hates Kobe or that he doesn't get enough credit and praise despite that fact that he has been the most popular and praised player for the last decade or so.  They hate the fact that another guy particularly someone that has a different personality and style than Kobe is now the best player in the game and has been for at least 3-4 years. 

The hate is illogical.  Its like you can't praise Lebron without somehow taking a shot at Kobe.  I think everyone on this forum is probably a huge Kobe fan or at least a Lakers fan, if not you wouldn't be here.  The same things they accuse Kobe haters of doing they do it to Lebron.  Even worse is that Lebron has never been a rival of Kobe's and the Cavs and Heat have NEVER EVER been Laker rivals outside of the Shaq and Kobe beef but even then that wasnt a real rivalry. 

It got so bad that longtime Laker fans were rooting for the Celtics to beat the damn Heat lol.  The Spurs prevented a 4peat but guys are wanting Tim Duncan to get his 5th at the expense of Lebron getting only his 2nd.  It's crazy lol.

Its more than that (atleast for me). I didn't want LeBron because he represents everything I don't like....the most important one is flopping. That is why I didn't want him to win because I don't want to see flopping become more common.

#63 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:08 PM

As Kobe fans, we don't like that ESPN crowned LeBron's scrub ass before he deserved it. Even MJ had to EARN the respect of the media, proving that a scoring leader could win a title, LeBron was slurped by the likes of so many, I remember Barkley dsaying if LeBron had Pau and Odom , he would have won 75 games.

Anyway, I'm done.

get off LeBron's swipe on a Lakers site. It's not us in the wrong, it's you and your obsession with making Lakers FANS like LeBron or even respect him. We don't love LeBron

#64 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 723 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:14 PM

Waiting on Harry to defend Jody's opinion...

#65 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:42 AM

You know something is wrong when guys that call themselves real LAKER fans are rooting for teams that revel in our demise to root for a guy that has no rivalry history with us.  So basically most of you are Kobe before the Lakers.  Just admit that.  Once Kobe retires most of you will drop like flies. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:10 AM

Even the most hardcore Lakers fan "against this superstar coming to the team" will "hate" something till they love it.

I bet you they will hate the idea of LeBron James becoming a Laker ... till he signed and had the press conference :laughing:

They'll fight it...and fight it.. but then in the pre-season on that first fast break dunk he has off an assist from Kobe when they realize that he is there and that him and Kobe are on the same darn team together with Steve Nash off ball getting wide open threes... they'll cry :P And suddenly forget all the hate they spat :laughing:

Some people hate players till they put the jersey on.

The fact of the matter is I HATE LeBron's game with a passion and can't appreciate it because of the things he says and the way he flops.

But I would NOT be complaining if he became a Laker.

Same as i wouldn't complain if Rondo became a Laker, or Durant, or Carmelo. 

if they are a superstar and they came to my favorite team I'm not gonna hate it at all.

Do I honestly care if the media says "this team is unfair!!"  No.. I don't.  I will gladly go 82-0 in an "easy" year where everyone tries to take credit from the championship.  We still got it.  No one complained when the Celtics had 8 hall of famers on their team with Bull Russell's squad.  So they'd best not complain if the Lakers got Carmelo or LeBron or both and kept Kobe.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#67 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:24 AM

Flopping is one of the least things of Lebron's arsenal.  Sure he's flopped big time in games but you act like thats all he does.  Tim Duncan flops you respect him, CP3 flops you dont have much to say, and you seem to love Melo and he injury flops all the time. 

Even the most hardcore Lakers fan "against this superstar coming to the team" will "hate" something till they love it.

I bet you they will hate the idea of LeBron James becoming a Laker ... till he signed and had the press conference :laughing:

They'll fight it...and fight it.. but then in the pre-season on that first fast break dunk he has off an assist from Kobe when they realize that he is there and that him and Kobe are on the same darn team together with Steve Nash off ball getting wide open threes... they'll cry :P And suddenly forget all the hate they spat :laughing:

Some people hate players till they put the jersey on.

The fact of the matter is I HATE LeBron's game with a passion and can't appreciate it because of the things he says and the way he flops.

But I would NOT be complaining if he became a Laker.

Same as i wouldn't complain if Rondo became a Laker, or Durant, or Carmelo. 

if they are a superstar and they came to my favorite team I'm not gonna hate it at all.

Do I honestly care if the media says "this team is unfair!!"  No.. I don't.  I will gladly go 82-0 in an "easy" year where everyone tries to take credit from the championship.  We still got it.  No one complained when the Celtics had 8 hall of famers on their team with Bull Russell's squad.  So they'd best not complain if the Lakers got Carmelo or LeBron or both and kept Kobe.

#68 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:11 AM

Flopping is one of the least things of Lebron's arsenal.  Sure he's flopped big time in games but you act like thats all he does.  Tim Duncan flops you respect him, CP3 flops you dont have much to say, and you seem to love Melo and he injury flops all the time. 

Don't follow much of Tim or CP3s game as much as I follow LeBron's to be honest.

CP3s flops are laughable, and I don't like them either as they border on ridiculous.

But there's a difference between CP3 bouncing off a center and LeBron being launched by Nate Robinson.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#69 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,474 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:30 AM

You know something is wrong when guys that call themselves real LAKER fans are rooting for teams that revel in our demise to root for a guy that has no rivalry history with us. So basically most of you are Kobe before the Lakers. Just admit that. Once Kobe retires most of you will drop like flies.

Coming from a guy that suggested tanking

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#70 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:31 AM

I didn't realized Jody Smoke knows me personally.  Did you read all my post for the past year or so? I said I am a Lakers fan first. IF Kobe leaves, I couldn't care for him anymore.  I grew up loving the lakers before Kobe even exist. YOU are one of those youngins that probably dont understand. Most youngins are kobe fans first. I am not.  I just notice a lot more people under apperciate him even lakers fans and praised Lebron way too much.   But apparently you know me personally. If you want to know me personally lets meet in person and say everything to my face.  You are pretty bad ass online. 

I wont take this post to attack jody personally. He probably hates my guts for some apparent reason. Just cus I dissagree with a lot of things he said.  I couldnt care less for him.  Heck, he might be bffs in real life if he end up saving my life or something without knowing who he is.  Right now he is just another Ethug to me.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#71 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Whats funny is all these members accused me of being trolls,  stupid, retarded calling all the names in the book just because I say negative things about lebron?  Tell me who is in the right here?  I can't have my opinions?  Do I hate Lebron? Sure but I hate his fans more than him.  If Lebron a lakers will I root for him? Ofcourse cus I am a lakers first and anybody putting on the purple and gold I root for.  I hated Ron Ron for the longest time but root for him when he was a laker. Now he's a Knick, i couldnt care less for him. 

But apparently you guys dont understand. Oh well.  I'm glad some of the mods are mature enough to let me have my opinion and not join in the attack mode just because I diss lebron.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#72 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:48 AM

I hate it when people questioned my love for the lakers. Its like they know me personally.  Calling me trolls for what? Cus i hate lebron? Cus i point out his flaws?  Did I say he is the best player in the nba? Apparently you guys missed that. I hate having to defend my loyalty to the lakers especially to people who doesn't have enough brain cells to understand. 

#73 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,349 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:11 AM

This is what I don't get.  

You go on a rant about people questioning your fan hood, but yet you have, numerous times I may add, called people "LeBron fans" because they say anything positive about LeBron in a discussion.   So you're doing the essentially doing the same thing.  So if you don't like people calling you out, then don't call people out from your end. 

Some of you simply do not know how to discuss basketball with one another without attacking another personally. That goes for MANY people here. I see at least 3 threads on the first page in Lakers talk that are filled with immaturity. 

Last warning to all members

I don't care what viewpoint you have, all the name calling & personal attacks will stop.  If that means I need to start suspending people for a minimum of a week to get that rule across then so be it. 

#74 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,003 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:21 AM

his post game is elite now

lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#75 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:22 AM

This is a Kobe appreciation thread of sorts and SOMEONE HAS TO BRING UP LEBRON, what response do they expect.

I like LeBron to an extent.

I view him as the best ROBIN at heart.

In my opinion, as great as LeBron is, besides his first title, I think he has shown a softness throughout most of his career.

He looked gret to me against the celtics in 2008 and the Pistons in 2007, and the entire run of 2012, but again last year in teghe playoffs, his flaws irritate me, mrore than most great player's flaws do.

I put LeBron in a category with Dirk,Durant in some ways, because Dirk's Westbrook was Terry in my opinion and LeBron's Westbrook is obviopusly Wade.

Wade is the guy who brings adifferent energy to the game when momentum swings are needed. LeBron is capable of doing it and has done it, even this playoff run, but I guess coming from a guy like 

Kobe,Mj,Larry...I don't see THAT enough in LeBron's game and it irks me.

gasol is in the same category a bit, and even Garnett

another common difference between Larry,MJ,Kobe,etc and the aforementioned guys is LeBron andDirk,Gasol,Durant,etc they ply small compared to others

For example Lebron is 6'8 but Brand, David West, barkley,Malone,Blake Griff, and others are about leBron's size but they play MUCH bigger and much tougher.

So thats what Lakers fans really don't like about LeBron as well as the flopping and ESPN essentially polarizing kobe fans against leBron fans

#76 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,003 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Kobe is the last of a dying breed. I don't even enjoy watching these other guys play: Watching Lebron is boring, watching Wade is boring, watching Durant is boring, even watching CP3 has become a little boring. Too many supposed superstars flopping. 

Damn I miss the 90s

Pau Gasol is GONE

#77 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,758 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:39 AM

This is a Kobe appreciation thread of sorts and SOMEONE HAS TO BRING UP LEBRON, what response do they expect.

I like LeBron to an extent.

I view him as the best ROBIN at heart.

In my opinion, as great as LeBron is, besides his first title, I think he has shown a softness throughout most of his career.

He looked gret to me against the celtics in 2008 and the Pistons in 2007, and the entire run of 2012, but again last year in teghe playoffs, his flaws irritate me, mrore than most great player's flaws do.

I put LeBron in a category with Dirk,Durant in some ways, because Dirk's Westbrook was Terry in my opinion and LeBron's Westbrook is obviopusly Wade.

Wade is the guy who brings adifferent energy to the game when momentum swings are needed. LeBron is capable of doing it and has done it, even this playoff run, but I guess coming from a guy like 

Kobe,Mj,Larry...I don't see THAT enough in LeBron's game and it irks me.

gasol is in the same category a bit, and even Garnett

another common difference between Larry,MJ,Kobe,etc and the aforementioned guys is LeBron andDirk,Gasol,Durant,etc they ply small compared to others

For example Lebron is 6'8 but Brand, David West, barkley,Malone,Blake Griff, and others are about leBron's size but they play MUCH bigger and much tougher.

So thats what Lakers fans really don't like about LeBron as well as the flopping and ESPN essentially polarizing kobe fans against leBron fans

How do you praise Wade then diss LeBron when LeBron carried that team through the East into the Finals? Wade played like a roleplayer through 3 series and it took LeBron playing amazing basketball in the ECF for them to even get past the Pacers. LeBron carried them to the title this year by taking over the 4th quarter of Game 6 and putting in one of the best Game 7 performances of all time. He's won back-to-back titles as clearly the best player on his team, he's no Robin.

And you're calling out LeBron for not playing as big or as tough as he should, but then you mention Blake Griffin. Are you being serious?

#78 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:04 AM

How do you praise Wade then diss LeBron when LeBron carried that team through the East into the Finals? Wade played like a roleplayer through 3 series and it took LeBron playing amazing basketball in the ECF for them to even get past the Pacers. LeBron carried them to the title this year by taking over the 4th quarter of Game 6 and putting in one of the best Game 7 performances of all time. He's won back-to-back titles as clearly the best player on his team, he's no Robin.

And you're calling out LeBron for not playing as big or as tough as he should, but then you mention Blake Griffin. Are you being serious?

Did I praise wade? No I just said he is the heart of that team. He is the Jason terry for Dirk or the Westbrook for Durant. Do you understand that.

Wade is the Derek Fisher for that team, except for big time 3s, he has big time games where his energy imprint is all over the game.

leBron is the horse who carries them, like Shaq was for a young Kobe, but when it's time to change momentum it's Wade.

If that isn't evident to you, then you are riding LeBron too hard.

Nd people say Blake is soft, but I find LeBron to be softer. he is just more skilled and now he is at his man age and strebhtg, but when has LeBron shown to play as tough as the other 6'8 guys with that build and strength?

On a sidenote, I never got the whole Blake is soft thing. I  mean in comparison to whom? Zach randolph. He 's one of those big lower body strong guys natural. Obviously more hood than Blake, maybe that's what they mean in the NBA. Blake is mixed from a rural background, but he play tough. Diving everywhere, and exploding to the hoop, and rebounding at a high clip. He isn't in love with his jumper.

Pau plays soft in stretches , Blake makes Pau his woman at times.

i don't get that.

#79 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:31 AM

You know something is wrong when guys that call themselves real LAKER fans are rooting for teams that revel in our demise to root for a guy that has no rivalry history with us.  So basically most of you are Kobe before the Lakers.  Just admit that.  Once Kobe retires most of you will drop like flies. 

A Laker fan is a person who supports the Lakers and wants the Lakers to win over everyone else.

Rooting for certain teams to lose over others doesn't change that.....so stop trying to call people out on their fandom.

#80 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 459 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:09 AM

leBron is the horse who carries them, like Shaq was for a young Kobe, but when it's time to change momentum it's Wade.

If that isn't evident to you, then you are riding LeBron too hard.

You would be a millionaire by now if you get a dollar every time you make up lie about NBA. lol.

"When it's time to change momentum it's Wade"? What game were you watching? LeBron had to do all the work from day 1 of the playoffs till the very last game. You probably only watched game 4 of the finals when Wade was obviously the best player of the night then started assuming that he was the momentum changer through out the playoffs.

LeBron soft? LeBron is probably one of the strongest player in NBA. Thats why no one can ever stop him once he started driving to the basket. Where do you come up with the stuff you say.

List of the things you made up and clearly know nothing about so far that i am aware of.

-Mo Williams had to shoulder game 1 4th quarter of the boston vs cavs.

-Payton and Kemp are not title team

-Wade was the momentum changer.

-LeBron is soft.

Edited by BlueJab23, August 29, 2013 - 09:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users