#21 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,448 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 27, 2013 - 10:59 AM

The guy has gone from a low/ mid 40ish percent shooter when he came into the league to the mid 50 something % last year.  If that is not "massively" how would you define it?  You just dont shoot in the mid 50% in the modern NBA with all the zone etc.  His improvement is pretty impressive.

Don't even bother with the kid. He thinks Kobe is under appreciated and that Jordan wasn't a good player when he came in the league. The guy is a definite Kobe homer/Jordan and Lebron hater

Edited by Harry Styles, August 27, 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#22 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted August 27, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Don't even bother with the moron. He thinks Kobe is under appreciated and that Jordan wasn't a good player when he came in the league. The guy is a definite Kobe homer/Jordan and Lebron hater

You don't have to call him a moron man.

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,462 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 27, 2013 - 12:09 PM

You don't have to call him a moron man.

Haven't you learned....if you dont agree with him, you're a moron.  :laughing:

#24 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 27, 2013 - 12:16 PM

The guy has gone from a low/ mid 40ish percent shooter when he came into the league to the mid 50 something % last year.  If that is not "massively" how would you define it?  You just dont shoot in the mid 50% in the modern NBA with all the zone etc.  His improvement is pretty impressive.

they count his layups as field goal percentage too.  Ofcourse he will have 50% or higher. Who misses layups? Lebrons a beast driving to the basket because of his genetic gifts. But in terms of working on his game, no where near what Kobe can accomplished with his game. Lebron uses his god givin athletism and massive body.  Kobe was never born like that. He had to work harder than Lebron.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#25 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,552 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted August 27, 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'd say Lebron works pretty damn hard. You don't get 4 mvps and lead two championship teams without a LOT of hard work. He's become an extremely efficient player, developed a little post game, he can shoot from 3 (something he struggled with earlier in his career), that jab step pull up jumper is a weapon he didn't used to have and now he uses it routinely on the biggest stage. Just because he doesn't work as hard as Kobe, doesn't mean he doesn't have an awesome work ethic. Honestly, with Kobe it's a borderline unhealthy obsession, not "work ethic" lol. He's a madman, I don't think anyone has devoted as much to learning the game as Kobe Bryant (which is why in my opinion he's the greatest offensive weapon of all time).

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,852 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 27, 2013 - 01:10 PM

LeBron has physical gifts that Kobe wasn't blessed with. So did MJ.

Jordan was one of the most athletic players of all time.

LeBron does not run faster or jump higher than MJ

Mj jumped 48, LBJ 44

LeBron is just taller and bigger.

But pound for pound athlete, MJ is the tops.

Now, one small critique of LeBron

Most of you didn't see a young Karl malone, but have you seen faried run the floor?

thats JUST how Karl looked, and I bring it up because Karl played PF his whole career but was built like LeBron.

the other guy in the league built like LeBron is Blake Griffin. Another PF. In comparison to most players his size, LeBron is very soft and finesse.

#27 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 27, 2013 - 03:02 PM

He dominates in there because of his pure brute strength & freakish athleticism creating mismatches like crazy, but it's definitely not the most polished nor skilled.

SKILLS make a basketball player, not athleticism...not ever

amazes me that people don't realize that, though i'm not surprised

#28 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 27, 2013 - 03:04 PM

a lot of his pts come from near the basket still

we'll see if he can keep it up

#29 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted August 27, 2013 - 04:10 PM

SKILLS make a basketball player, not athleticism...not ever

amazes me that people don't realize that, though i'm not surprised

Depends on what quality of player you are seeking.

Countless dudes in the league present simply based on birthed talent.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,640 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 27, 2013 - 07:45 PM

I agree with all of that except the post game.  Nothing elite about it.

Lebron works plenty hard. The eye test and statistics prove it

Defensively and his jumper has improved massively, his post game is elite now

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,640 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 08:09 PM

You're a dbag.  Ive posted numbers that clearly show for the last 3 years Lebron has been just as good and better than Kobe from 16-23 feet.  His FG% just isnt higher b/c he gets inside buckets.  Hoopdata.com is your friend. 

Stop it.  His jumper didn't improve MASSIVELy ok?  His jumper is just a little better. Still suck. If it doesnt suck then how come coaches still reather see Lebron make jump shots than taking the ball in the hole?  And his post game is ok. The only issue there is Lebron hates playing in the post. He even said it.  You must be a lebron fan.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 27, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Enough with the name calling. 

#33 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,190 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 27, 2013 - 08:53 PM

I will admit I don't like LeBron, but the dude has some skills. Hurts me to.say it..... But Kobe's work ethic, is mad crazy... Why is a 35 year old a head of schedule from an acl rupture. Rose was out a year... Westbrook, I don't even know. Rajon is still recovering. Straight up... Kobe just works harder.
Posted Image

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,640 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 04:28 AM

Why is their so much dislike for Lebron in Lakerland?  If anything guys should dislike the Spurs and KD much more.  The Heat aren't even our rivals. 

#35 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,190 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:41 AM

For me Jody, I don't care for LeBron. It's that simple. My reasons are my reasons. Even if he was a Laker, I wouldn't like him. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I don't like others. I don't like the boring spurs.. I hate the Celtics. It's that simple. Rival or not.
Posted Image

#36 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Stop it.  His jumper didn't improve MASSIVELy ok?  His jumper is just a little better. Still suck. If it doesnt suck then how come coaches still reather see Lebron make jump shots than taking the ball in the hole?  And his post game is ok. The only issue there is Lebron hates playing in the post. He even said it.  You must be a lebron fan.

If his jumper wasn't any good, then the Heat never would have won Game 7. How did sagging off LeBron time and time again work out for the Spurs? He destroyed them in Game 7, just massacred them to the tune of 37 points consistently sticking every big jumper and stemming momentum all through the game. You could sag off him in Cleveland, but not anymore. His only issue is his mental focus because he seems to forget just how much of an advantage he has in just about every match-up. That's the only reason the Spurs were able to push it to seven; because LeBron didn't take advantage of his mismatches. It basically took him 5 games to realize that the Spurs had stuck Boris Diaw on him.

Other than that, he's got everything. Effective post-game, amazing court vision, good jumper, and his monster strength and athleticism. 

When LeBron is locked in and focused, there is no one better in the league today.

#37 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:59 AM

So much homerism in this thread. 

LeBron's game has greatly improved over the last couple of seasons.  If you cannot see that, there's no reason to even argue the point because it's that ridiculous that you don't acknowledge that. 

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Enough with the name calling. 

its all good. Doesn't affect me. Most of these people are youngins anyway.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#39 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 09:07 AM

If his jumper wasn't any good, then the Heat never would have won Game 7. How did sagging off LeBron time and time again work out for the Spurs? He destroyed them in Game 7, just massacred them to the tune of 37 points consistently sticking every big jumper and stemming momentum all through the game. You could sag off him in Cleveland, but not anymore. His only issue is his mental focus because he seems to forget just how much of an advantage he has in just about every match-up. That's the only reason the Spurs were able to push it to seven; because LeBron didn't take advantage of his mismatches. It basically took him 5 games to realize that the Spurs had stuck Boris Diaw on him.

Other than that, he's got everything. Effective post-game, amazing court vision, good jumper, and his monster strength and athleticism. 

When LeBron is locked in and focused, there is no one better in the league today.

Not saying his jumper sucks. All im saying is people praised his jumper too high. His jumper is good but nothing to right home about. Its not better than Kobe. Yes that sounds like a homer but even Lebron lovers would admit that.  Its the high praised that doesn't deserve it what gets me.  Call me a Lebron hater all you want. Its all good. I admit I hate Lebron but not to a point where I dont recognized he is the best player right now. I agree with you he doesn't have the mentality like a Kobe and Jordan.  Wait a second, did I just praised Jordan right there? Thought people said im a jordan hater? LOL.  I never was a Jordan fan but I admit he revolutionized the game marketing wised. Just cus I said he wasn't the best at something I get lable a hater.  I hate Lebron because of the media and the praised and the over hyped but I never hated Jordan.  I was just never a fan. Lebron still doesnt have the mental aspect like Kobe and Jordan. I dont think anybody will even Kevin Durant.  But it doesnt mean they are not good.

And yes I do believe Kobe is underapreciated because of the Lebron love fest. Kobe's always been under appreciated right when he comes into the league. Nobody give Kobe credit for the championships in the early 2000's. Its all shaq this and shaq that. Then when kobe get a team with only Pau Gasol and a bunch of ok players to back to back championship, they give phil all the credit.  But that is what i believe. You dont have to agree with me. In fact, I wish people dont so I can see the other side. Message board is all about different opinions. name calling is just childish but hey thats what messageboard is all about i guess.

Edited by epicwolf, August 28, 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#40 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 09:09 AM

Not saying his jumper sucks. All im saying is people praised his jumper too high. His jumper is good but nothing to right home about. Its not better than Kobe. Yes that sounds like a homer but even Lebron lovers would admit that.  Its the high praised that doesn't deserve it what gets me.  Call me a Lebron hater all you want. Its all good. I admit I hate Lebron but not to a point where I dont recognized he is the best player right now.  And yes I do believe Kobe is underapreciated because of the Lebron love fest. Kobe's always been under appreciated right when he comes into the league. Nobody give Kobe credit for the championships in the early 2000's. Its all shaq this and shaq that. Then when kobe get a team with only Pau Gasol and a bunch of ok players to back to back championship, they give phil all the credit.  But that is what i believe. You dont have to agree with me. In fact, I wish people dont so I can see the other side. Message board is all about different opinions. name calling is just childish but hey thats what messageboard is all about i guess.

His jumper is just a little better. Still suck.

You actually did. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users