Photo

Have Wade and Bosh hurt or helped their legacies?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:43 AM

Wade has 3 titles and Bosh has two, but it's all about LeBron in many ways. It isn't like Pippen and Rodman playing off Mike or Pau and Lamar off Kobe.

Lets say Bron stayed in CLE and Wade and Bosh played together. Even if Wade struggled with injury, he would have managed 23,5,5 and it could have been more like 27,5,6 if healthy.
Meanwhile Bosh would be a 20/10 guy on a team that would be a good team every season.

Perhaps with a Tyson Chandler, Wilson Chandler, and Andre Miller, with great shooters and defensive players on the bench, they could go to a Finals.

And where does Wade rank all time?

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:02 AM

They'll be remembered, I mean I still remember players like Horace Grant, Paxson even Levingston. But as role players, which is what Wade and Bosh are at this stage and only even more so going forward, if the media was blaming all of the Heat faults on them and even comparing them to Lebrons previous Cavs rosters then it is pretty obvious they are not held in high regard like they probably think amongst themselves.

Wade probably is a HOF, but then again it is sketchy because I think there are plenty of players that historically get overblown like Miller and Drexler and so on. Bosh, no just move on from that topic.

Wade probably is the 4th or 5th greatest SG  historically (keep in mind before Jordan this position was generally an afterthought), well behind Jordan, Kobe, West, and fighting for position with others like Gervin and Iverson (unless you put him as a Point Guard).

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Wade was already a superstar before Lebron arrived. But I don't think him, Bosh and another 8-figure guy would have reached finals. In fact, Spoelstra would already have lost his job and with Wade's injury history Heat would be a mess.

They are not role players for sure, but they also wouldn't carry you to title. In a parallel universe Lebron with Rose & Noah would have accomplished the same feat as Heat (perhaps easily).

I rank Wade as the 5th best shooting guard behind Jordan, Kobe, West and Iverson. There are some who would rank him ahead of West and A.I. and I just laugh at them.

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Wade above Drexler? Why, bc MJ was better than Drex?

#5 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,591 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:29 AM

^ Wade above Drexler because statistically he's markedly better than him, and he has more rings.

Wade was gonna go down as an all-time great regardless of who he joined forces with, because he had already won a ring and his individual accomplishments and statistics speak to his greatness. He didn't have anything else to prove to anyone, he was gonna go down as a top 5 shooting guard already.

#6 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 24, 2013 - 10:54 AM

That's the thing though, people always point to his 2006 Ring and the dominance over the Mavs while obtaining the Finals MVP plus I am aware that he has a scoring title form a few years ago, but that's pretty much it...I never understood how people say he is an all time great player or one that defines this era when across the board other players have surpassed his accomplishments currently.

I personally would put Iverson over Wade mainly because Iverson led a much weaker team against a buzzsaw all time great Laker roster and actually handed them their one defeat, plus had an MVP, numerous scoring titles plus maybe it is my nostalgia but I do think he actually was critical in the post-Jordan transition era. But if someone would opt- for Wade over Iverson I would not mind too much.

#7 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,287 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Winning titles (no matter with who or how) does nothing but help - all the time.

#8 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 886 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 26, 2013 - 08:22 PM

4th or 5th greatest of all time? No, and in now way he is better than Jerry West. Wade is like 7th or so. Maybe ahead of Goodrich?

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,287 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 27, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Wade is not much better than Goodrich, if at all.

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,102 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Please explain why?

Wade is not much better than Goodrich, if at all.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users