Photo

Howard wanted the Lakers to amnesty or "muzzle" Kobe, didn't want to play with him for 2-3 more years

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:00 PM

According to Howard, this wasn't true

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#62 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:02 PM

According to Howard, this wasn't true

Of course.

He also said it was a dream come true to play for the Lakers.

#63 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Howard said a lot of things
Posted Image

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,640 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Of course.

He also said it was a dream come true to play for the Lakers.

yeah and that dream changed to 3 years ago(when Kobe was in his prime) or 3 years from now(when Kobe isn't around to make Dwight feel inept and to push him) would have been his dream to play for the Lakers lol. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#65 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,750 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted August 30, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Wasn't enough to keep Dwight here ... and maybe that will be a blessing in disgiuse in the long term.

Kobe Bryant

#66 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 30, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Kobe and who else?  Kobe is too old to be a one man wrecking crew night in and night out especially against the elite teams.  His best games this year came against lottery teams.

Kobe Bryant

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#67 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 30, 2013 - 03:22 PM

BBp1KKwCAAAXRdc.png

#68 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,640 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Wasn't enough to keep Dwight here ... and maybe that will be a blessing in disgiuse in the long term.

Carmelo's not Dwight and is a thousand times closer to Kobe than Dwight or Kobe will ever be and understands him. has that killer instinct too and that will to win on a level Dwight does not have.    At the very least Carmelo and Kobe would be on the same page.

Carmelo also cut out a lot of that smiling last year when his team was losing.  I think this year as the Knicks enter the Bargnani era, when they fail again Carmelo will have had enough.

A lot of people tried to site Carmelo's quote about not being a Laker but they need to see how idiotic the interviewer was
This was how it went for the most part

Interviewer: Is there any chance we see you in the purple and gold this season?
Carmelo:  This season?  I doubt it.   I got some Purple and Gold Kicks though.

Obviously he isn't gonna be a Laker THIS season idiot interviewer :laughing:   If he'd said next season he may have got a more interesting answer.

#69 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,311 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted August 30, 2013 - 04:43 PM

You should really look at that video again the interviewer never said this season he asked Melo can he see himself in a purple and gold outfit and he said i doubt it. then the interviewer said im reading between the lines im thinking im going to see u in one soon and he said nah I dont think u should read between the lines.

and Dwight is already on a higher level than Melo. Dwight took his team to the finals. Melo hasn't done anything. Dwight is a superstar Melo is a star.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 30, 2013 - 04:46 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#70 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Exactly.  I dont get Majesty's love affair with Carmelo Anthony.  If he was a superstar he'd be able to work with the team he has.  Put prime Kobe in his place or Lebron they'd easily compete for a ring.  Melo is a great SCORER.  Nothing else about his game stands out.  He's not a playmaker, he's a pisspoor defensive player and by the time he can become a Laker he will be 30 years of age and doesnt have the best resume of taking care of his body. 

You should really look at that video again the interviewer never said this season he asked Melo can he see himself in a purple and gold outfit and he said i doubt it. then the interviewer said im reading between the lines im thinking im going to see u in one soon and he said nah I dont think u should read between the lines.

and Dwight is already on a higher level than Melo. Dwight took his team to the finals. Melo hasn't done anything. Dwight is a superstar Melo is a star.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#71 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,311 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Exactly.  I dont get Majesty's love affair with Carmelo Anthony.  If he was a superstar he'd be able to work with the team he has.  Put prime Kobe in his place or Lebron they'd easily compete for a ring.  Melo is a great SCORER.  Nothing else about his game stands out.  He's not a playmaker, he's a pisspoor defensive player and by the time he can become a Laker he will be 30 years of age and doesnt have the best resume of taking care of his body. 

Melo is a good Playmaker tho. I just think in order for us to win a ship with him he's going to have to change his game and we're going to need more than just him. I dont think its going to happen tho, plus it will take more than just scoring to win ships. Me personally I dont think he's coming. I mean he's coming here for what? Just to play with Kobe he might as well go play with Lebron and has a better chance winning with him. Plus, I think he likes his own shine.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 30, 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#72 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Shhh...you are going to the hater or non believer tag.  Melo is Kobe's little brother and looks up to him and knows him better than anyone.  He's going to take a pay cut to play with him in his twilight years even though the Lakers are secretly in rebuild mode!

Melo is a good Playmaker tho. I just think in order for us to win a ship with him he's going to have to change his game and we're going to need more than just him. I dont think its going to happen tho, plus it will take more than just scoring to win ships. Me personally I dont think he's coming. I mean he's coming here for what? Just to play with Kobe he might as well go play with Lebron and has a better chance winning with him.

#73 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,640 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 11:20 PM

no you should

Interviewer: "I know the upcoming season's coming up, do you see yourself in the a purple and gold outfit?"
Carmelo: "Uh...I doubt it.. not in an outfit.."

Interviewer: Like a jumpsuit with the Jordan logo but in purple and gold.
Carmelo: "I'll stick with the original colors. Red white and black, for Jordan(when he was on the Bulls)."
Interviewer: "I think you'd look good in purple and gold though."
Carmelo: "I got some purple and gold Jordan's though."
Interviewer: "I'm reading between the lines dude I think we'll be seeing you in one soon."
Carmelo: "Nah don't read between the lines dude.  That's not good to read between the lines. "

Interviewer clearly said "upcoming season" and like I pointed out, OBVIOUSLY not.  He'll be a Knick  this "upcoming" season :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, August 30, 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#74 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,172 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 30, 2013 - 11:54 PM

people are stuck on last season that was just horrible on all levels. We gotta see how this season goes 

ap1.png

#75 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,311 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 12:05 AM

no you should

Interviewer: "I know the upcoming season's coming up, do you see yourself in the a purple and gold outfit?"
Carmelo: "Uh...I doubt it.. not in an outfit.."

Interviewer: Like a jumpsuit with the Jordan logo but in purple and gold.
Carmelo: "I'll stick with the original colors. Red white and black, for Jordan(when he was on the Bulls)."
Interviewer: "I think you'd look good in purple and gold though."
Carmelo: "I got some purple and gold Jordan's though."
Interviewer: "I'm reading between the lines dude I think we'll be seeing you in one soon."
Carmelo: "Nah don't read between the lines dude.  That's not good to read between the lines. "

Interviewer clearly said "upcoming season" and like I pointed out, OBVIOUSLY not.  He'll be a Knick  this "upcoming" season :laughing:

Dont think he was referring to the upcoming season because he knew that he was still going to be a Knick and pretty sure  the interview knew that he wasn't going to get traded or he was a free agent already. He was just saying that just to say it and it still doesnt mean that he was talking about this season. There are many ways you can take it as that  when u read it tho, but the way he said it in the video to me doesn't sound like he was trying to say this season are u going to be a laker. Don't really matter tho because I still dont see him coming.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 31, 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#76 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,640 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 01:01 AM

You never know, some interviewers may be idiots that have no clue about when people are free agents :laughing:    Like when they were asking Ariza if he was coming back to the Lakers when he had years left on his contract >_>

#77 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,172 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 31, 2013 - 01:39 AM

tumblr_msdc31P8h91r6xisho1_400.gif

ap1.png

#78 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,311 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 08:05 AM

You never know, some interviewers may be idiots that have no clue about when people are free agents :laughing:    Like when they were asking Ariza if he was coming back to the Lakers when he had years left on his contract >_>

Yea true some of them do be clueless lol

#79 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 860 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 31, 2013 - 08:23 AM

If we got Melo, we'd be a team that losses in the WCF/WCSF  each other, get to the Finals if lucky. We'd need a 3rd good player. If we got LeBron, we'd win the title, defense would not matter. But, what if we don't? What do we do? Get a defensive big like Andrew Bogut? Make a trade? Wait around for 2015? I am not a fan of that, it will waste a chance for Kobe to win a 6th ring. 

#80 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2013 - 08:31 AM

The media also said a bunch of [expletive]

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users