Photo

Howard wanted the Lakers to amnesty or "muzzle" Kobe, didn't want to play with him for 2-3 more years

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 27, 2013 - 04:40 PM

Does T-mac realize the Lakers have all the cap space in the world in 2014?

#42 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:13 AM

Dwight Howard better [expletive]ing come through in a big way in Houston. The whole nba are tired of this whole Dwightmare, that's been going on for 3 straight seasons.

I hope he fails hard. I'm so damn tired of watching his constant goofing around, his crazy indecisiveness and his pathetic talking about being a winner, which he clearly isn't. My semi-senile grandmother have won just as many Championsships as him.

The fact that he even mentions "muzzling" Kobe, whatever the [expletive] that means, really shows how delusional he really is.

[expletive] him.

#43 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:34 AM

POPULAR

Playing Devils Advocate...Kobes an ass hole to his team mates.

He always has been an ass hole.  Not for the sake of just being an ass hole that nobody likes but because he expects 100% commitment.

Kobe himself has admitted this many times. And hes even said he's tried to work on it because he realizes not everyone can have the same passion level as himself.

We all remember many times when KB would yell at Sasha, Odom, Pau and others.

We all know there was a time he would yell at Kwame. Till he found out Kwame was actually trying but just had limited ability. Then he would just turn away. In lots of ways Kwame helped Kobe widen his perspective. Which I think helped Kobe deal with players like LO who were not as mentally strong.

Understanding why his team mates are not being fully engaged has always been Kobes biggest basketball problem.

He never yelled at his team mates for failing. Just failing to give 100%.

And probably the players hated it while it was happening. But regardless of how they felt....it motivated them to dig deeper. And it resulted in moments like this:
sasha1.jpg

Kobe+Bryant+Sasha+Vujacic+Los+Angeles+La

And then they understand why Mamba does what he does. And they are grateful. And guys like Farmar who left, miss that type of leadership and want to come back.

Dwight Howard was challenged by KB24 in a big way this past season. Kobe basically said publicly that Dwight should stop being a beeeyitch and play through some pain because thats what Champions do.

We all saw how Dwight reacted and how things ended up.

Where LO, Sasha, Farmar, Pau, etc. succeeded in finding the positives of Kobe's greatest flaw, Dwight Howard failed.

He couldnt take the hard cold advice from the greatest player ever and process it into a desire to win. So he left to a city/team where the pressure is minuscule in comparison to LA.
Thanks Kobe for being an ass hole and letting us see in only 1 year what kind of heart and balls D12 really had under the self molded Superman facade.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#44 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,788 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:48 AM

Regardless of the situation LA took a loss, DH is an asset.  Could have traded him but they didn't.  Now we are stuck with 0 superstars and an aging iffy Kobe who is can't be traded.  No star players available to LA til 2015. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#45 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 29, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Not really a loss when we have cap. Do you understand the lakers didnt want to trade howard to help him get more money and take back some sub par players. And kobe is still a super star he could of easily won the scoring title last year and remember he carried the lakers to make the playoffs not dwight

#46 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,788 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 11:53 AM

So if no elite player is available what good is that cap do?  We are banking on Lebron wanting to leave (which is a 99% chance he doesnt now), Melo giving up money only to come to a that will be worst off than the Knicks without the proper pieces in place.  I believe the Lakers can get some decent players via free agency but not enough to even think of winning a championship. 

2015 is the year they really could look to make a splash but that plan cannot be centered around Kobe and Pau.  Kobe will be 36 and Pau is well look at his last 3 years.  2015 we are banking on Kevin Love forfeiting his player option and the hopes that Rondo isn't in a good situation. 

Trading Dwight would have more than helped LA.  They could have gotten picks and quality players.  You keep saying about taking back subpar players but look at the 2014 free agent class outside of Lebron and Melo.  You want a 33 year old Zach Randolph?  What about Rudy Gay? You think Lakers can win a ring with those guys paired with 35 year old Kobe which is unknown to what he has left?

Not really a loss when we have cap. Do you understand the lakers didnt want to trade howard to help him get more money and take back some sub par players. And kobe is still a super star he could of easily won the scoring title last year and remember he carried the lakers to make the playoffs not dwight

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#47 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,709 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 29, 2013 - 12:32 PM

So if no elite player is available what good is that cap do?  We are banking on Lebron wanting to leave (which is a 99% chance he doesnt now), Melo giving up money only to come to a that will be worst off than the Knicks without the proper pieces in place.  I believe the Lakers can get some decent players via free agency but not enough to even think of winning a championship. 

2015 is the year they really could look to make a splash but that plan cannot be centered around Kobe and Pau.  Kobe will be 36 and Pau is well look at his last 3 years.  2015 we are banking on Kevin Love forfeiting his player option and the hopes that Rondo isn't in a good situation. 

Trading Dwight would have more than helped LA.  They could have gotten picks and quality players.  You keep saying about taking back subpar players but look at the 2014 free agent class outside of Lebron and Melo.  You want a 33 year old Zach Randolph?  What about Rudy Gay? You think Lakers can win a ring with those guys paired with 35 year old Kobe which is unknown to what he has left?

I'm pretty sure either LeBron or Melo will ATLEAST test free agency.

#48 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,788 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Testing Free Agency means they are going to opt out and resign most likely.  All signs point to both staying for the obvious reasons. 

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,141 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 29, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Testing Free Agency means they are going to opt out and resign most likely.  All signs point to both staying for the obvious reasons. 

Really and what signs point to carmelo staying in New York? I'd love to know all the evidence ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#50 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Really and what signs point to carmelo staying in New York? 

MDA isn't there

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Kobes an ass hole to his team mates.

He always has been an ass hole.  Not for the sake of just being an ass hole that nobody likes but because he expects 100% commitment.

Kobe himself has admitted this many times. And hes even said he's tried to work on it because he realizes not everyone can have the same passion level as himself.

I used to be this way myself at my workplace until I learned I had to just accept certain things & make adjustments on how I reacted towards others, who didn't take their jobs nearly as seriously nor properly. At the end of the day, there's only so much you can control, but even more importantly, although my boss had no problem whatsoever with my work ethic and how I was performing, he did have to come over to me and tell me to lighten up a bit on some of the other workers. Not everyone's always as competitive nor passionate and you've gotta' treat others differently whether you like it or not depending on their personalities. Some people are just softer and or less serious than others in general or specifically about their work.

yo.

#52 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted August 29, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Playing Devils Advocate...Kobes an ass hole to his team mates.

We all remember many times when KB would yell at Sasha, Odom, Pau and others.

We all know there was a time he would yell at Kwame. Till he found out Kwame was actually trying but just had limited ability. Then he would just turn away. In lots of ways Kwame helped Kobe widen his perspective. Which I think helped Kobe deal with players like LO who were not as mentally strong.

Understanding why his team mates are not being fully engaged has always been Kobes biggest basketball problem.

He never yelled at his team mates for failing. Just failing to give 100%.

And probably the players hated it while it was happening. But regardless of how they felt....it motivated them to dig deeper. And it resulted in moments like this:
sasha1.jpg

Kobe+Bryant+Sasha+Vujacic+Los+Angeles+La

And then they understand why Mamba does what he does. And they are grateful. And guys like Farmar who left, miss that type of leadership and want to come back.

Dwight Howard was challenged by KB24 in a big way this past season. Kobe basically said publicly that Dwight should stop being a beeeyitch and play through some pain because thats what Champions do.

We all saw how Dwight reacted and how things ended up.

Where LO, Sasha, Farmar, Pau, etc. succeeded in finding the positives of Kobe's greatest flaw, Dwight Howard failed.

He couldnt take the hard cold advice from the greatest player ever and process it into a desire to win. So he left to a city/team where the pressure is minuscule in comparison to LA.
Thanks Kobe for being an ass hole and letting us see in only 1 year what kind of heart and balls D12 really had under the self molded Superman facade.

HANDS DOWN this is the most insightful post I have seen on this board.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:10 PM

MDA isn't there

when all else fails blame MDA

There's no difference between him and Woodson.    Woodson has seemed more inept than him at times too for those that watch the Knicks.

Edited by Majesty, August 29, 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#54 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:20 PM

when all else fails blame MDA

There's no difference between him and Woodson.    Woodson has seemed more inept than him at times too for those that watch the Knicks.

I wasn't looking for a myriad of things to blame but MDA being here is a good reason to stay the [expletive] outta LA. 

Sure there's a difference: Woodson > MDA

MDA has had opportunities at four different stops and he's failed at every damn one. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:45 PM

I wasn't looking for a myriad of things to blame but MDA being here is a good reason to stay the [expletive] outta LA. 

Sure there's a difference: Woodson > MDA

MDA has had opportunities at four different stops and he's failed at every damn one. 

And Woodson has proven no better.

Everyone says the Knicks got better when D'antoni left.  They were the same.  The difference was players started getting healthy.  They still got swept in the first round and were a last place team.

In the off-season they improved their team.

They got Copeland, Felton and Jason Kidd as well to replace Jeremy Lin.   A good trade off. Surrounded the team with very capable three point shooters for that system.  JR Smith also got back up to NBA speed and played at one of the highest levels he'd played at.

But if you really break down the Knicks, they ran the exact same system.  Woodson refused to play Carmelo at the 4 in crucial moments, their defense was worse than ours, and all they had was their three point shooting and once that failed they got exposed.

They nearly let a dead in the water injury prone Celtics team come back on them in a series they should have dominated and Woodson looked inept every step of the way, till they finally got exposed by the pacers when Woodson figured it was better to play Stoudamire at the 4 instead of moving Carmelo there and playing Copeland at the 3 and Carmelo at the 4.

Then this off-season, Carmelo spends his time working on his post game, obviously intending to play more 4...and wanted the Knicks to make a move to sign Rondo... the Knicks go out and sign Bargnani and another aging 3 point shooter.

Woodson is virtually the same coach as MDA but looks even more inept running a system that isn't his once the threes stop falling.

So Carmelo wouldn't "not" come to the Lakers because MDA is here, he'd be dealing with virtually the same thing in New York except a worse roster, another year of Amar'e and no Kobe.  So yeah.

#56 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 06:54 PM

^But assuming all that is true, if he had enough of MDA round #1 and Woodson, why would he go for MDA round#2.  By that logic, wont he opt out and go elsewhere?

There are other options:

Cavs- good young core and cap space

Mavs will be in the hunt and have cap space

I think there are a few other viable options as well.

#57 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:04 PM

LA is less attractive with MDA

Pau Gasol is GONE

#58 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:18 PM

Back to Dwight.  You guys should go back and read the Orlando fans posts after the Orlando/ LA trade.  The consensus was that once the honeymoon was over and we go to know Dwight, we would be very underwhelmed.  Houston, be warned ....

#59 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,788 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Its not a matter if MDA is actually a better coach but a matter of how he's perceived.  I vividly remember Melo saying he gave less of an effort until Woodson was made coach.  That speaks volumes.  Highly doubt he'd come here to play for MDA in search of a ring. 

#60 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:21 PM

^But assuming all that is true, if he had enough of MDA round #1 and Woodson, why would he go for MDA round#2. 

Kobe Bryant

Edited by Majesty, August 29, 2013 - 08:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users