Photo

Magic Offended By LeBron Not Having Him In His Top Three

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 06:37 PM

http://blacksportson...-his-top-three/

Magic Johnson was left off that list, and was having none of it, taking to Twitter to let LeBron know what it really is.

magic-responds-lebron-top-3.jpg

magic-johnson-responds-lebron-top-three.

Read more at http://blacksportson...5SZFpASowXkz.99

Freddie Coleman and Chris Broussard discuss Magic Johnson's response to LeBron James' top-three snub. They also discuss what James needs to do to pass Johnson.

Edited by    , August 23, 2013 - 10:38 PM.

yo.

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,766 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 23, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Would take magic over bron anyday. Magic really shouldnt of took this to heart though.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Character limit bruh.

#4 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted August 23, 2013 - 10:36 PM

^ What about Kobe though & also if he said NBA championship rings are all that matter, why did he seem to leave Russell out?

only used the players involved in the convo.

lebron, who named jordan, dr. j, and bird as his top 3.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

• 40,365 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 10:38 PM

My bad, lol (embarrassed). Thanks for the should've been obvious lesson. My apologies again.

yo.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 24, 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm so sick of Magic as a mouthpiece.

1) He says rings are all that matters, and yes, I understand that in his tweet, he's talking about JUST those in the discussion...but prior to all of this, he has said multiple times that MJ is the greatest player to ever play the game.  I agree that Jordan is, but that's contradicting his statement.  Regardless of who's in the discussion, making a statement like that basically means he believes Bill Russell is the greatest...which he does not.

2) LeBron is more Magic than Mike, in regards to style...but he has separated himself from both over the years.  He doesn't push the break to dish an assist...he pushes to finish it.  He is an outstanding help defender.  He will hold the ball in ISO, pull up and take any shot.  He has more range than Magic.  He looks to score almost twice as often.  He may facilitate, but they don't even play the same natural positions.

3) Magic has to get off LBJ's jockstrap.  Sometimes, the way he words his statements, he makes it sound like he's sticking LeBron in the top five NBA players of all time, as he continues to say he and James are very comparable.  There was a segment on one of the halftime shows last season where Magic talked about how much he loved watching LeBron play in the post, then he did this weird thing where he seemed to get a chill from it...and it's just so ridiculously scripted, it seems, that it makes me want to turn off my television.

#7 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 06:18 AM

I'm so sick of Magic as a mouthpiece.

1) He says rings are all that matters, and yes, I understand that in his tweet, he's talking about JUST those in the discussion...but prior to all of this, he has said multiple times that MJ is the greatest player to ever play the game.  I agree that Jordan is, but that's contradicting his statement.  Regardless of who's in the discussion, making a statement like that basically means he believes Bill Russell is the greatest...which he does not.

2) LeBron is more Magic than Mike, in regards to style...but he has separated himself from both over the years.  He doesn't push the break to dish an assist...he pushes to finish it.  He is an outstanding help defender.  He will hold the ball in ISO, pull up and take any shot.  He has more range than Magic.  He looks to score almost twice as often.  He may facilitate, but they don't even play the same natural positions.

3) Magic has to get off LBJ's jockstrap.  Sometimes, the way he words his statements, he makes it sound like he's sticking LeBron in the top five NBA players of all time, as he continues to say he and James are very comparable.  There was a segment on one of the halftime shows last season where Magic talked about how much he loved watching LeBron play in the post, then he did this weird thing where he seemed to get a chill from it...and it's just so ridiculously scripted, it seems, that it makes me want to turn off my television.

He's gotta make [more] money some how!

Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#8 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 24, 2013 - 10:45 AM

He may stop kissing Lebrons ass all the time now lol. I doubt it though.

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 24, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Still Magic has always praised Lebron and seemed nearly fanboy- esque when on ESPN or ABC while doing commentary and now Magic actually seems to have his feelings hurt....

#10 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,064 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted August 24, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Magic praises lebron more so than Kobe. He always has. It's cool tho. I can't take his basketball analysis seriously.

#11 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 847 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 24, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Neither him or 2 of LeBron's top 3 are not top 3:

IMO

it's 1 MJ 2/3 tossup between Kobe and KAJ. Wilt as a close 4th IMO.

• 40,365 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Still Magic has always praised Lebron and seemed nearly fanboy- esque when on ESPN or ABC while doing commentary and now Magic actually seems to have his feelings hurt....

He thought showing LeBron as much respect & praise as he has over the years would maybe garner some back from him in return, but he was wrong and that's why he's hurt even more.

yo.

#13 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 24, 2013 - 02:02 PM

So Lebron can't have his own opinion lol...Magic is the worst analyst of all time or at least gunning for it

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#14 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,064 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted August 24, 2013 - 02:08 PM

Sure lebron can have his opinion. That's a hell of a list he has. Everyone's is different.

#15 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,426 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 24, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Neither him or 2 of LeBron's top 3 are not top 3:

IMO

it's 1 MJ 2/3 tossup between Kobe and KAJ. Wilt as a close 4th IMO.

Kobe in the top 3? I smell homer

#16 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 24, 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yea I have Jordan,Magic, Kareem as top 3. Plug in Wilt and Bird however you feel to get total 5. Kobe is in that next tier if you even want to call it that. I know many people especially here will put Kobe over Bird, and I can understand why of course but even then I have a hard time doing because often it feels like Bird's abilities are historically underplayed at times. But I would put Kobe well over Dr. J. I don't even know where I put Russell.....actually I'll just stop here...

#17 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,537 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted August 24, 2013 - 05:41 PM

I put Kobe over Bird and Wilt. I don't like including players from Wilt's era of basketball. Nothing against them, I don't do it to try to diminish their talent, it's just that the difference between the modern age of basketball and the age of Chamberlain and Russell and those guys is pretty significant.

#18 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 24, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Whats your top 3?

Idk about Kobe being top 3 but hes top 5 IMO.

#19 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,426 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Whats your top 3?

Idk about Kobe being top 3 but hes top 5 IMO.

Jordan, Kareem, Magic. Then Bird, Wilt, Russell. Kobe is 7th for me

#20 Ize

Ize

Rookie

• 90 posts
  • Name:Lathan
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted August 24, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Jordan, Kareem, Magic. Then Bird, Wilt, Russell. Kobe is 7th for me

So if Kobe is in your top 3 you're a homer but if Magic is in your top 3 you aren't? That's a bit strange since they're both lifetime Lakers.

Edited by Ize, August 24, 2013 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users