Assassins creed

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 23, 2013 - 07:51 AM

October 29 2013. Right around the corner and I'm fiending.

AC4BF_PS3_UK_2D.jpg

AC4 Black Flag Trailer

THE KENWAY FAMILY LEGACY!!(must see for AC fans)

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 23, 2013 - 07:54 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 23, 2013 - 10:20 AM

I am a huge AC fan. I played all the series.  However, for some strange reason I'm not looking forward to playing this game.  I wondered if it because I don't enjoy the pirate battle as much in AC3? Do you need to enjoy the sea battles to enjoy this game?  I love history especailly european history so maybe thats why to me Assassins Creed 2 is the best out of all of the series. I think if you dont enjoy the sea battle and being a pirate as much, this might be an over rated game to you.  Look awesome though obvouisly

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted August 23, 2013 - 11:14 AM

I am a huge AC fan. I played all the series.  However, for some strange reason I'm not looking forward to playing this game.  I wondered if it because I don't enjoy the pirate battle as much in AC3? Do you need to enjoy the sea battles to enjoy this game?  I love history especailly european history so maybe thats why to me Assassins Creed 2 is the best out of all of the series. I think if you dont enjoy the sea battle and being a pirate as much, this might be an over rated game to you.  Look awesome though obvouisly

AC2 Brotherhood is one of the best games ever imo.

Honestly we share the same opinion.

When I heard it was Pirates and more boat battles I wasnt to happy.

But in AC4 I think the boats are being used as a way to more accurately expand territory as opposed to just gun fights on the ocean.

I'm sure a few cannon battles will be in the mix, but it seems that ubisoft recognizes the disconnect people had with boats.

And everyone wanted more story like from Conner. We barely know him in comparison to Altair or Ezio. But as Altairs past was tied to Ezios future and they game back ground information....so will Connor to his Father. I didnt understand that till I saw the Kenway Family Legacy vid above.

So thats my optimistic hopes. I'm not sure. But Im trusting ubisoft wont drop the ball.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm curious of how they going to do the story in the modern world.  Last I check (spoiler alert)  Desmond died so is he coming back? Will his father going to be the one using the Animus?  That is more intrigueing to me than knowing what Connor's grandfather have for lunch and what pirate he is going to take down.  And yes I agree, They need to expand Connor's story more. Maybe have another trilogy for connor. Maybe even continue the American Revolution story and maybe go into the Civil War era with Lincoln and whatever.   It seems like Ubisoft only listens to fans who was all up and aww about the sea battles that they thought they need to expand that area more.  I think this AC4 might be one of the least favorite. It kind of reminds me of Assassin's Creed revalation.  A lot of hype for that game but was considered one of the least favorite. .

Edited by epicwolf, August 23, 2013 - 11:49 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Ubisoft listened to those people and the people who wanted more online battles. if I wanna battle Ill play madden or NBA2K. 

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 23, 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm curious of how they going to do the story in the modern world.  Last I check (spoiler alert)  Desmond died so is he coming back? Will his father going to be the one using the Animus?  That is more intrigueing to me than knowing what Connor's grandfather have for lunch and what pirate he is going to take down.  And yes I agree, They need to expand Connor's story more. Maybe have another trilogy for connor. Maybe even continue the American Revolution story and maybe go into the Civil War era with Lincoln and whatever.   It seems like Ubisoft only listens to fans who was all up and aww about the sea battles that they thought they need to expand that area more.  I think this AC4 might be one of the least favorite. It kind of reminds me of Assassin's Creed revalation.  A lot of hype for that game but was considered one of the least favorite. .

It has nothing to do with listening to fans, the majority of people I have talked to agree that sea battles were fun for their change of pace, but really werent something they would want to center around. Ubisoft is saying it listen to fans, but have you actually met someone that said they think the sea battles were amazing? Their drawling out the cash cow.

If this game is in the same ball park as ac3 I know I will like it. Not happy with the sea battles, and hope it doesnt take too much away from the game. I think they made great improvements to the game when ac3 came out and I also just love that era of history so that made AC3 extra fun.

Also as far as how you are playing as Kenway it was explained that remember when Desmonds dad was captured by the templars that they ran test and took DNA samples. Because of this they will be able to go into the animus and see desmonds memories thanks to his DNA. Is it a cop out and weak plot point? Hell yea, but again its a cash cow their gonna do what they need to to drawl it out. Think about it for 5 games desmond was looking for something and when he finally finds it, he just dies. Like really? How anti climatic is that, another thing they put in to just draw it out. Luckily the gameplay is fun and while the present storyline has always seemed really stupid to me, the story line inside the memories are very well thought out and enjoyable.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 23, 2013 - 12:53 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 06:06 AM

4 more days....

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,024 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted October 24, 2013 - 12:31 PM

IMO this one actually excites me more then AC 3.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#9 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 25, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Whenn AC first showed up, I was excited, then I played it, and it was a snore fest, story driven nonsense... Played AC 2 and it wasnt anything special...

AC 3 had some fun multiplayer... I think... But really annoying single player...

However, this game looks like it could be great!
I love the allure of a game centered around being seafaring... The idea of exploration...
I have intentionally avoided any info about this game, because I really want to be impressed with it.

I cannot wait until this game comes out, I commendeer a brig, take sail...

I have never found a game that offered a good sailing/pirate experience

#10 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 02:42 AM

I was thinking about buying this game

Then I saw the comercial

Rap music?
In an 18th century pirate game?

What?
If they cannot take the music seriously, how can we think about gettin this when one of the most simple and basic things is this messed up?

Got to pass on this one...

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:24 AM

There's no rap music in the game.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 11, 2013 - 08:33 AM

Has anyone played it? It looks great and I liked AC3 a lot. Gonna pick this up for ps4, anyone play it yet on current gen and like it a lot.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#13 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:01 PM

There's no rap music in the game.

They really need to release a commercial that doesn't feature 21st century rap music then

Why not a pirate tune?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=NPZ7tP4oe5A

Plundering
Run
Wenches

You know. Pirate stuff...

Edited by TKainZero, November 11, 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#14 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,024 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:44 PM

I was thinking about buying this game

Then I saw the comercial

Rap music?
In an 18th century pirate game?

What?
If they cannot take the music seriously, how can we think about gettin this when one of the most simple and basic things is this messed up?

Got to pass on this one...

this post gave me cancer

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#15 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 11, 2013 - 09:35 PM

There's no rap music in the game.They really need to release a commercial that doesn't feature 21st century rap music then

Why not a pirate tune?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=NPZ7tP4oe5A

Plundering

Run

Wenches

You know. Pirate stuff...

You'll hear a lot of pirate music while on your boat.

Game is good. I'd give it 8/10

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 11:24 PM

Black Flag's a legendary band.

Spoiler

Edited by    , November 12, 2013 - 01:38 PM.

yo.

#17 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Has anyone played it? It looks great and I liked AC3 a lot. Gonna pick this up for ps4, anyone play it yet on current gen and like it a lot.

Surprisingly it is pretty good. I thought I would hate it since Im not into the naval battle but the naval battle are not like AC3. It has a little bit more stuff to do.  However I still think AC3 is better because you get a more variety of scenery instead of just oceans and havana.

#18 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 11:22 AM

I rented it

It is painfully boring, point a to point b boring gameplay...
I hope it gets better after Havana...

Hoping for free roaming, open world, sailing and exploring...
Not stupid walk around and talking scenes, talking about BS no sense, which has always been my least favorite thing with assassins creed... The stupid scenes where it's in the present/future, talking about using some time machine to travel to be past...

All nonsense
I wish they just gave up on trying to tell a story, and just focused on fun gameplay

#19 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 12:03 PM

These cut scenes are unbearable

Wish I could skip them

#20 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:00 PM

I would just like to award this game, for the winner of the worst mission in the history of video games!!!!

Locate James Kidd

Simple right?
You have to sneak past 100 guards without being seen or killing them!!!

I have tried for over an hour...
A quick google search shows that many many others have had the same problem

The free roam in this game is fun

The story missions are unbearable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users