Photo

Caron: Nobody From Clippers Called To Tell Me I Was Traded

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:21 PM

Caron+Butler+Los+Angeles+Clippers+v+Memp

It’s a common courtesy in the NBA — guys who are about to be traded hear about it from their agents and others around the league, but when the hammer drops the GM or coach or someone from the team calls with the formal notification. “Thank you for your service ” and all that jazz anyone who has been fired knows too well.

Caron Butler learned the Clippers traded him to Phoenix through the crawl on the bottom of the television. Butler and Eric Bledsoe went to Phoenix and Jared Dudley went west to Los Angeles.

As you might imagine, for a veteran and professional like Butler perceived lack of respect didn’t sit well. He said as much to Jeff Caplan of NBA.com.

“I don’t leave with bitterness or anything, but a phone call would have helped the situation,” said Butler… “But it’s cool, it’s no hard feelings because that’s the nature of the business.”

There was a time not all that long ago where we just would have said “that’s the Clippers for you.” But the fact is their basketball operations have gotten a lot better in recent years — not just drafting Blake Griffin or trading for Chris Paul, but in terms of the professionalism with which the organization is run and perceived. This was a misstep that felt too much like the bad old days.

Caron Butler is the highest paid Phoenix Sun player this season at $8 million, and he also has the veteran presence to be a leader. He can work with fellow former Clipper Eric Bledsoe and the Morris twins. He can guide some guys.

Well, at least until the rebuilding Suns trade him. But I bet they at least call with the news themselves.

http://probasketball...partner=ya5nbcs

No respect, Caron. Clippers treating their employees like things and not people.

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, August 22, 2013 - 04:41 PM.

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Wasn't this sorta what happened with LO too?

yo.

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Wasn't this sorta what happened with LO too?

You mean back in 2003?

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:28 PM

No I mean when LO was initially traded in that Chris Paul trade, which was later illegally cancelled out by Stern. Wasn't that part of the reason he was so hurt & pissed as well? Nobody had even notified him ahead of time?

yo.

#5 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,219 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted August 22, 2013 - 05:27 PM

the clippers still use Boost Mobile

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users