Photo

LeBron Places Michael, Dr. J and Larry Bird In His Top-3 Players Of All Time

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:01 AM

LeBron+James+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+H

LeBron James was asked in an interview with Fox Sports 1 to name his best three basketball players of all-time.

James quickly responded with Michael Jordan and hesitated for several seconds before including Julius Erving and Larry Bird.

Many historians of the game put several of basketball's best big men in the top-3, but James clearly was leaning toward all-around players with his list.

http://basketball.re...ers-Of-All-Time

MJ is a no brainer, Bird is a great choice but no disrespect to Dr. J. He was great back in the day. But Dr. J over Magic?

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:37 AM

LBJ's overall accolades up to this point would probably be even greater if he had only accepted his Magic-esque game as opposed to forcing Jordan's play style upon himself.

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:45 AM

that's the 3 players he is most like

He is Larry Bird with dr. J athleticism and Mj is just his idol.

But look at his rebounding and assists numbers compared to larry. Not the shooter, and not as gritty but I think the Magic comparisons were wrong, b-cuz Magic was a true point guard in his play.

LeBron is like Pipp and Larry and grant Hill in that point forward sense

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:47 AM

Julius Erving is LeBron's favorite player (hence the #6 jersey), so it makes sense.

I can see where he'd take Bird over Magic, since Larry did play defense and had a better shot. I could argue for both.

Personally, I still think Kobe is better than everyone I mention in this post, aside from Jordan.

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Magic,Bird....they are close enough where I wouldn't argue too much.

Magic just seemed to have more overall impact of his career, so that would be my argument.

If Paul George was Larry Bird, the Pacers would have beat the Heat in my opinion

#6 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 21, 2013 - 11:26 AM

LBJ is much more Magic in playlist, than Erving and even further than Bird. Average shooters, great mental ability, more willing passer and often times flashy. Bird was a lethal shooter and shutdown defender. Erving's prime were the ABA as far as I have read and can tell from footage comparisons but in his Sixers game you can tell he would love to post up, put the ball in the floor and just knock down an slightly undersized defender.

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Here's the video:

yo.

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 11:00 PM

The "First Take" crew evaluates LeBron James' list of the top 3 players in the history of the NBA: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Dr. J.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users