#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 20, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Roy Hibbert has no interest in summer Pro-Am leagues, heads to San Antonio to train with Tim Duncan

350x-11.jpg?w=320

We’ve been enjoying a slew of highlight reels from plenty of big-name NBA players who have been participating in Pro-Am leagues around the country this summer.

But don’t expect to see Roy Hibbert showing up at the Drew League in Los Angeles or at Jamal Crawford‘s Seattle league any time soon.

Hibbert is apparently into more serious matters — like training with Tim Duncan in San Antonio in order to improve his overall game for next season.

From Scott Agness of Pacers.com:

Hibbert said in late July that the plan was to work out with Duncan “for a week or two, probably in August.” As expected, he went into Duncan’s training grounds in San Antonio on Monday for a workout with fellow bigs.

How serious is Big Roy about soaking in all he could from Duncan, both on the court and in the weight room? Hibbert brought his strength coach, Mike Robertson, with him.

Hibbert greatly respects Duncan’s game and the two are close friends. They text often throughout the season, with Hibbert trying to absorb as much as he can from the future Hall of Famer.

Read More Here: http://probasketball...ith-tim-duncan/

Roy Hibbert

I seek out the best 2work out w/. No pro ams. In Texas 2work w/ a HOFer. How u gonna get better paying against scrubs pic.twitter.com/gQo2ElvzfU
BSCPgfBCIAATZMU.jpg

Good for Hibbert

Edited by Majesty, August 20, 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2013 - 04:46 PM

if hibbert can be like Duncan...

Calm, cool, collected, a franshice player, poised, never a controversy, has a nice fundamental game, learns that nice little bank shot...

good for hibbert... I hope he does well... dude can own the nba at the center position the next decade... he is big, and hasn't shown the break-down-physically-gene that some big men have... (greg oden)

be nice if hibbert stayed a pacer for his entire career... of course, it would be BETTER if he became a laker.. but...

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Although he may feel that way, he better not pull that "no homo" thing on TD, especially after recent reports.

yo.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Although he may feel that way, he better not pull that "no homo" thing on TD, especially after recent reports.

>_>

#5 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,333 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 20, 2013 - 05:03 PM

I roll my eyes when I see guys say no homo. Real men don't worry about petty things such as that

ap1.png

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 05:06 PM

ANYWAY on topic :)

It's good that Hibbert is working with Duncan, if he feels he can take his game to the next level that's a good thing :) A very good thing with the kind of tips Tim can give him not only on offense but DEFENSE as well.

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 05:11 PM

That is on topic. They're going to work together. Hibbert's on record saying "no homo" implying he may potentially be against homosexuals so it's not entirely impossible he may hear about these Duncan reports & have second thoughts or feel a bit uncomfortable letting him back him down or vice versa.

yo.

#8 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,698 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 05:11 PM

:lolabove:

MMiRi9s.png

#9 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 20, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Cool although he called people scrubs still k9nda messed up. Maube because he wouldnt even do.anything in drew league his game would be to boring

#10 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted August 21, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Right when i saw the thread, I knew someone was going to make a gay joke about Timmy D.

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 12:33 AM

^ Roy Hibbert, "no homo" incident, Timmy D, too easy.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users