Photo

Nick Young hitting shot after shot at Lakers Practice Facility(Update Page 3: Throwing down 360 alley oop dunks in practice with Farmar)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,042 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 30, 2013 - 01:45 AM

Nick Young and Jordan Farmar throwing down alley oops(Nick Young with the 360 one)  at the Lakers practice facility

tumblr_msb30pK0ad1rhr6rzo1_250.giftumblr_msb30pK0ad1rhr6rzo2_250.gif

https://vine.co/v/hi0abHgeTOp

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Aside from team chemistry, I'm excited to see the chemistry and bond between Farmar and Young.

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 31, 2013 - 11:08 AM

So do you think team cohesion , like the former Clippers, plus young legs and contract years, plus 3 future HoF who could still produce a combined 45, 10, 10 in a horrible year plus smart guys who can put others in situations to succeed. I think Kaman will work off Nash better. I think simply based on the 15 footer, let alone the 8 footer, that Pau/ Kaman will space better than Howard or Bynum.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Aside from team chemistry, I'm excited to see the chemistry and bond between Farmar and Young.

That is something I look forward to as well

#45 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Our new Metta and Duhon. Upgrade in scoring, speed , and jumping ability.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well we DEFINITELY got younger and more athletic.  

But then they added "master defender that also shoots near 50% from the field" to that list so they could still complain =P

#47 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,244 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 31, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Farmar and Young are boys... Chemistry will be great between
Posted Image

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 02:17 PM

Farmar and Young are boys... Chemistry will be great between

on back to backs when Nash gets his rest, Farmar and Blake aren't a bad starter/backup combo.

Probably one of the only ones Nash has had that would allow him to actually sit out a game and not have to worry too much.

Farmar is a LOT more trustworthy than Duhon I can say that much and Nash working with him can only help his game.

Having two point guards and two shooting guards are gonna help both Nash AND Kobe in the long run of this season. 

If both get to the playoffs healthy, these guys will have something to do with it because it would mean less minutes for both.  Which means more time to rest for Nash, and more time for Kobe to progress back into shape.

Mitch knew we couldn't ask Kobe to "carry us" like that for another season.  So we've done a great job building the team around our oldest positions so that those guys can get some rest.    

I want us to get off to a good start to the season so that we can afford to do that more often midway through the season depending on the games. 

Like lets say a back to back with the Knicks and the Wizards or something.

I want to be able to play our guys against the Knicks and rest them for the most part against the Wizards.   A quick start to the season is key to be able to do that without worrying about playoff contention.

But if we start off slow we won't have that benefit as often.

So I am looking forward to seeing what Young and Farmar can do.  Farmar I expect to really excel in this offense, and if Young listens to what Kobe's gonna try to teach him(something Nick has wanted since coming out of college) he should do fine.

There will still be WTF KIND OF SHOT WAS THA-... NICE SHOT!"  moments from young though.

But we dealt with it with Metta, I'll endure it from Young, as long as it's not OFTEN.

#49 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Even if Nash could be our 3rd PG on back 2 backs. Close out quarters as a pure shooter. And last 5 minutes as Nash.

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Our goal should be getting to the playoffs and getting there with our main guys healthy and in tact as well as our young talent healthy as well. 

If we get to the playoffs healthy we'll be a matchup not many teams would want, especially since around that time Kobe will be rounding into form where he wants to be.  

So above all else I want us to get to the playoffs healthy, that's my main priority imo.

#51 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 771 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted August 31, 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm getting real excited about this season. I'm ready for some NBA!

#52 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2013 - 05:06 PM

In the context of whose era was it     Karl Malone or Jordan.

PFs who aren't defensive anchors will always have a Karl Malone ceiling.

6'8 PFs will do nothing but come up against a Jordan,Magic,Kobe,Shaq,Duncan and lose.

Barkley the same. One way great offensive players, little league impact.

TITLES matter when your career is done. Karl tried o ride Kobe and Shaq and somehow messed that up

because he tried to [expletive] kobes wife. lol

Posted Image

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 05:12 PM

^ those were strange times.....such strange times....

#54 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 31, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yea, since then I have never trusted super teams...

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yea, since then I have never trusted super teams...

Injuries hurt that team too. 

Injuries and a player that didn't want to play in the system.

Injuries(Malone, Shaq etc)

Player unwilling to play in the system(Gary Payton)

Yet despite all that I think without those injuries we win the championship, if not that year the next, if it wasn't for Shaq's ego and not acknowledging that it was Kobe's team and had been for 3 years.

#56 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 471 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted August 31, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Our goal should be getting to the playoffs and getting there with our main guys healthy and in tact as well as our young talent healthy as well. 

If we get to the playoffs healthy we'll be a matchup not many teams would want, especially since around that time Kobe will be rounding into form where he wants to be.  

You mean we'll be the match up every team would want? Lakers do not intimidate anyone. Even after all the hype you guys are giving Nick Young and Wes Johnson or the motivation BS that you guys seem to love so much that this team is so motivated that they're scary to play against.

Who are the young talent are you talking about?

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,042 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 06:06 PM

You mean we'll be the match up every team would want? Lakers do not intimidate anyone. Even after all the hype you guys are giving Nick Young and Wes Johnson or the motivation BS that you guys seem to love so much that this team is so motivated that they're scary to play against.

Who are the young talent are you talking about?

You get into the playoffs with a healthy Kobe,Gasol, Nash with the youth and depth around them, yes we are a matchup many teams wouldn't want.     We don't have to intimidate anyone.  No one wants to face a healthy Kobe Bryant surrounded by youth and depth with Nash playing off ball.  No matter what ESPN tries to tell you.

Key is to make the playoffs playing as a team and being healthy, that's the goal.     Everything else we'll see.   No one's calling us championship contenders, but we sure as heck could play spoiler.   That much IS sure. 

Our goal should be to make the playoffs healthy and in stride.

#58 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted August 31, 2013 - 07:10 PM

We don't need a master defender, it's just that we have a lot of bad defenders. We're gonna get killed on that end of the floor. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see where the defense will come from. Really not trying to be negative, it's just what I see when I look at the roster.

#59 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 471 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted August 31, 2013 - 07:58 PM

You get into the playoffs with a healthy Kobe,Gasol, Nash with the youth and depth around them, yes we are a matchup many teams wouldn't want.     We don't have to intimidate anyone.  No one wants to face a healthy Kobe Bryant surrounded by youth and depth with Nash playing off ball.  No matter what ESPN tries to tell you.

Key is to make the playoffs playing as a team and being healthy, that's the goal.     Everything else we'll see.   No one's calling us championship contenders, but we sure as heck could play spoiler.   That much IS sure. 

Our goal should be to make the playoffs healthy and in stride.

First off, we don't even know how kobe will be once he return from his injury. I don't even think this team is capable of making the playoffs. Who's gonna the anchor the defense? We lost dwight and metta who are the best defender in our team last year. Kobe is not the elite defender he use to be. Then you also have Nash who is probably one of the worst defender in NBA. Do you really expect Gasol and Kaman to anchor the defense? Both soft and sucks at playing Defense. You add nash's defense to that and you get a dunk contest from the other team. We are not even including our great coach who HATES the word DEFENSE.

Imagine if we make it to the playoffs and we get match up against OKC. Who's gonna stop Durant and Westbrook? You expect nash to cover Westbrook? What about Durant? we don't have metta anymore. Once westbrook drives to the basketball after beating Nash who do you depend on stopping him? Gasol?

But think what ever helps you sleep at night. 

Edited by BlueJab23, August 31, 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#60 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 31, 2013 - 08:08 PM

MDA could have Prime Payton at PG, Prime MJ at SG, Prime Pippen at SF, Prime KG at PF, and Prime Russell at C and still give up 120+ pts a game

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users