Photo

Nick Young hitting shot after shot at Lakers Practice Facility(Update Page 3: Throwing down 360 alley oop dunks in practice with Farmar)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,131 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:35 AM

WATCH: Nick Young hits shot after shot in Instagram workout video

young-workout.png

When I think of Nick Young, one of the first words that comes to mind is “buckets”.

Swaggy P is known for his ability to fill it up – Kobe Bryant even alluded to this during Kobe Up Close last week – and thanks to a video Young posted to Instagram, we get a sneak peak at one of his shooting workouts. Young hits shot after shot in the video, which was posted along with the caption “Just listing [sic] to the net that’s all it’s about lol”.

http://instagram.com/p/dNaDS6OGET/#

Young has been putting in work his summer and is due for a breakout season:

Read More Here: http://lakerholicz.c...m-workout-video

Just play like you want that long term contract and hit shots like that in a game!!    Kobe didn't have to say what he said about you having that "Kobe gene" and potential and getting that kind of compliment from him is no little thing and that ESPN rating seems to have lit a fire under him and Wes as well as Hill.

GOOD!    Play with that chip every night.  Good consistency and effort is what I want to see! 
Don't talk about it be about it.  So I'm happy to see these vids surfacing of them in the gym working hard since then.  Carry that over into camp and beyond.

So I HOPE he's working hard in the gym like it says he has been.  This is the year to show it.  Prove Kobe right! 

Edited by Majesty, August 30, 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 256 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:04 AM

:pray:  please no injuries this season. :pray:

#3 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:05 AM

:pray:  please no injuries this season. :pray:

I want that above all else.

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Doesn't mean much if he isn't doing it in a game

#5 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 967 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:43 AM

Doesn't mean much if he isn't doing it in a game

This.

I remember going to pre games here in denver, watching chris anderson hit jumpers all day from the corner 3 point line. In game is entirely different feeling, more pressure. These guys are pros, of course they hit all day wide open in an empty gym

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Pretty much this.  Guys in the NBA hit wide open shots like butter.  Watch a pre game and you will see the most avg shooter knock down like 5-6 in a row like nothing.

This.

I remember going to pre games here in denver, watching chris anderson hit jumpers all day from the corner 3 point line. In game is entirely different feeling, more pressure. These guys are pros, of course they hit all day wide open in an empty gym

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:54 AM

Pretty much this.  Guys in the NBA hit wide open shots like butter.  Watch a pre game and you will see the most avg shooter knock down like 5-6 in a row like nothing.

sashapraying.jpg

#8 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,384 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 20, 2013 - 08:16 AM

i have saw videos of jennings training and shooting multiple 3s in a row... but in game meh

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 20, 2013 - 08:42 AM

that optimism helps you get through tough seasons. I hope he has something close to a breakout year

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,875 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 20, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Jennings can shoot, but it's a matter of shot selection, but honestly, a team like the BUCKS were built for him to fail, he has to do way to much for his offensively challenged teammates and unlike his idol Iverson, he isn't a pure scorer.

Speaking of Jennings. How he is in the mold of AI, Nick Young is a baby Kobe in a lot of ways.

I think the way we should utilize him is off the bench though.

He's a decent 3 point shooter, but to relegate him to spot up shooter would not be the best way to play in my opinion.

The problem is Wes Johnson HAS to hit corner 3s to be a viable starter.

In any event it will be interesting to see what happens with our young guys.

I think as fans, we need to hope that Farmar can make Blake replacable, and perhaps the Lakers can flip that 4 million into  a a big, or perhaps Meeks' contract, but what I really , really hope is a few teams REALLY wanna get Wiggins and our expirings look great to them

#11 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted August 20, 2013 - 08:46 AM

All good points, but the main takeaway is that he is working hard this summer.  That's not always been the case with this guy, I suspect.  Say what you will about Blake Griffin being soft etc, he has always impressed me with his summer work ethic.  He comes back in the Fall with something new every year.  Karl Malone was still working on his footwork and back to the basket game in his late 30's in the summer. And the list goes on and on.  Talent alone can usually only take you so far.

#12 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5

Posted August 20, 2013 - 08:51 AM

This.

I also remember this as well shooting from the baseline but I remember d fish doing the same thing from the 3 point line

#13 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:46 AM

To touch on Blake Griffin.  If that dude ever manages to get that mid range game down the league is in trouble. 

All good points, but the main takeaway is that he is working hard this summer.  That's not always been the case with this guy, I suspect.  Say what you will about Blake Griffin being soft etc, he has always impressed me with his summer work ethic.  He comes back in the Fall with something new every year.  Karl Malone was still working on his footwork and back to the basket game in his late 30's in the summer. And the list goes on and on.  Talent alone can usually only take you so far.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:48 AM

WE TALKIN BOUT PRACTICE. NOT A GAME. PRACTICE.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,875 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:50 AM

To touch on Blake Griffin.  If that dude ever manages to get that mid range game down the league is in trouble. 

No they aren't, he'll just be a great player. Nothing to put fear into the league over. Karl malone, never did anything and Blake would not be any better than him with a mid-range game. 

All you do is say things that i've heard from thousands of casual NBA fans before. 

#16 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,382 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:53 AM

I can make open jumpers all the time. Can I be in the NBA? :)

#17 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,250 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:54 AM

The fact is... He is putting in work. At least he ain't half a**ing it. He is playing ball and practicing. Staying in game shape and putting in reps. Practice or not.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, August 20, 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 20, 2013 - 10:24 AM

No they aren't, he'll just be a great player. Nothing to put fear into the league over. Karl malone, never did anything and Blake would not be any better than him with a mid-range game. 

All you do is say things that i've heard from thousands of casual NBA fans before. 

Karl Malone never did anything? Please don't comment ever again  :woot:

#19 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 20, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Karl malone, never did anything

funny-gif-Ed-ONeil-laughing.gif

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#20 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,356 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted August 20, 2013 - 10:41 AM