#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,611 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:07 AM

Lol and you are a dense poster that lacks basketball knowledge.  Just my .02

This recent trend by Harry & Jody Bros are honestly annoying. My two cents.

On topic, I'm glad Young is feeling this way. Kobe must have liked him already.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,390 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:43 AM

Young is mad, KB is taking notes....big deal. All this talk is not going to make them a better team. Odds are that espn is correct barring a major roster acquisition or or a major injury to every other top west team. 

Guess what...In 2009 espn picked the Lakers to go to the Finals. And we did. In 2010 espn picked the Lakers to repeat...and we did. Its not like they are being bias and hating. Our roster sucks. Were probably gonna suck. Thats the cycle of pro sports. In 4-5 years we will have rebuilt and the Heat will be garbage again.

#23 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:52 AM

Young is mad, KB is taking notes....big deal. All this talk is not going to make them a better team. Odds are that espn is correct barring a major roster acquisition or or a major injury to every other top west team. 

Guess what...In 2009 espn picked the Lakers to go to the Finals. And we did. In 2010 espn picked the Lakers to repeat...and we did. Its not like they are being bias and hating. Our roster sucks. Were probably gonna suck. Thats the cycle of pro sports. In 4-5 years we will have rebuilt and the Heat will be garbage again.

As much as I hate reading what you just wrote, one must realize that this team is not the very least playoff material. That being said, even if we don't reach the playoffs, I'd be happy to watch these guys give it their all even if it comes at a loss. I can live with that. What I can't fathom to watch is players standing around, waiting for the ball to come to them or acting like this championship is going to be given away openly. 

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,590 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:12 AM

Picking us coming off championship(or finals) years is not being unbias it's stating the obvious.

Where did ESPN pick Dallas the year they swept us?

Edited by Majesty, August 16, 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Lol I can tell some of you on here font know what loyalty means

#26 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 247 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Meh... we cant know anything about how well this team will do this season. Too many factors involved, we have lots of new players, players recovering from injuries we won't know much until after training camp and the first couple of games. Anybody commenting now is participating in mere speculation.

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,390 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 16, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Im Loyal. Love my Lakers. Support all the way. But its likely were gonna suck in comparison to last year. And last year we pretty much sucked.

#28 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,162 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:02 AM

Love it. Put some fire under the whole teams arses... Go out there and play like every game is the last 7th game in the playoffs for the ship..... Ball out! Shut everybody up that say they can't do this or that.
Posted Image

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,611 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:12 AM

So being loyal in your opinion means having unrealistic expectations for a team with Kobe coming off an achilles rupture and 4 extra journeymen? Yes?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#30 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,454 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:25 AM

pretty much this

#31 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,074 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:36 AM

I cant wait for the season 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#32 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,446 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:52 AM

Yeah you're right he does have the right to troll.

It's not trolling. How does your brain come to that conclusion? If I'm not sucking off every damn acquisition that the Lakers get or positive about their playoff chances, I'm trolling? Okay basketball genius  :smh:

#33 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,334 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2013 - 09:34 AM

All I ask for the Lakers this upcoming season is to just play their hearts out. There are so many "what ifs," that it's really difficult to exactly pinpoint where this team will stand. As Majesty stated, all the Lakers should focus on is maintaining health, consistency and effort. 

I'd rather go with that mindset rather than expect this team to be so competitive, and get dejected in the end when they start losing game after game. 

I just can't wait for the season to start.

#34 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,074 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted August 16, 2013 - 10:04 AM

remember the summer of Kobe's trade demand and that season we came out of the gates red hot, then we went to the Finals that year. I can see that happening again this season 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#35 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 16, 2013 - 12:33 PM

So being loyal in your opinion means having unrealistic expectations for a team with Kobe coming off an achilles rupture and 4 extra journeymen? Yes?

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

#36 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 16, 2013 - 01:07 PM

He was being optimistic thinking the Lakers were ranked 12th in the league.  Did anybody tell him we probably ranked 25th in the league?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#37 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,109 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 01:09 PM

remember the summer of Kobe's trade demand and that season we came out of the gates red hot, then we went to the Finals that year. I can see that happening again this season 

Yea but the difference is this season the Lakers can't make any huge moves like that year. They can't unless they willing to eat some cap space for 2014 off season.  This roster is what it is for this up coming year weather you like it or not. Maybe a few MLE guys but thats it.   Oh yea and Kobe didn't come off of a season ending injury.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,109 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 01:12 PM

It does feel so much better to prove people wrong though.  Its great being one of the favorites but when nobody believe in a team, it makes me want for them to win even more. Love slapping  the faces of the media pundants.  The only problem for me is MDA is still here. He is such an eye sore. So if lakers do win, they going to win with him coaching. That makes me want to throw up.

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,611 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:15 PM

This isn't religion or a faith in a higher power, this is basketball.  Grow up dude.  No I dont have faith in a team that has gotten worse over the past 3 years with their best player being a 35 year old man coming off the worst possible injury you could have at that position.

#40 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Gunsmith Cats

• 8,448 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:57 PM

This isn't religion or a faith in a higher power, this is basketball. Grow up dude. No I dont have faith in a team that has gotten worse over the past 3 years with their best player being a 35 year old man coming off the worst possible injury you could have at that position.

Not a fan of Star Wars/Jar Jar Binks, I take it?

MMiRi9s.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users