#41 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,136 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:46 AM

um, 3 different coaches all had Pau shooting jumpers. lol uuuhhhh ......

the Wesley Johnson "star" Genie wish didnt sit well with me ,becuase its a Genie wish.

low skilled wing players dont turn into stars. extremely low producing players dont turn into stars, their Genie wish gets used up so they get turned into consistent contributers, and thats all.

Pau Gasol had Pau Gasol shooting jumpers. I have no problem when a big man shoots a jumper here and there (provided he can make em) but the "friction" arises when Pau Gasol SETTLES for jumpers. Pau Gasol stands in one spot on the court...waits for the ball...shoots a jumper...way to earn your money Pau.  :thumbsdown:

[expletive] that.  Get your big lanky ass down low and bang with the big boys. You're supposed to be so damned skilled, well I sure as hell can't tell when all you're doing is camping out 15+ ft away from the basket. 

Pau Gasol + smaller defender on him = Jumper

Pau Gasol + same size defender on him = Jumper

Pau Gasol + bigger defender on him = Jumper

You think Pau's opponents settles for jumpers against him? lol no. They take his weak ass to basket and embarrass his ass.

How many people in this world use the phrase: "I hope..."? That's your beef? Really??? Limited times that I've seen Wes play, I've thought he had some potential. Maybe he still does...who knows? But what we DO know is that Pau Gasol is [expletive]ing trash.

Edited by Windu, August 21, 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#42 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Pau Gasol had Pau Gasol shooting jumpers. I have no problem when a big man shoots a jumper here and there (provided he can make em) but the "friction" arises when Pau Gasol SETTLES for jumpers. Pau Gasol stands in one spot on the court...waits for the ball...shoots a jumper...way to earn your money Pau.  :thumbsdown:

[expletive] that.  Get your big lanky ass down low and bang with the big boys. You're supposed to be so damned skilled, well I sure as hell can't tell when all you're doing is camping out 15+ ft away from the basket. 

Pau Gasol + smaller defender on him = Jumper

Pau Gasol + same size defender on him = Jumper

Pau Gasol + bigger defender on him = Jumper

You think Pau's opponents settles for jumpers against him? lol no. They take his weak ass to basket and embarrass his ass.

this Pau argument is so tired for Laker Fans.. the truth obviously is in the middle of both arguments - where i reside. wish i could say the same for you.

anyway - nothing to say about Wesley? gotchya.

you should WISHHHHH upon ALL stars that he becomes a consistent contributer.

let him get there first huh?

then maybe in 3 years he'll be able to score as much as a "6th man" like JC/JRSmith/Nick Young

then maybe 3 years after that he'll be able to contribute as much as a Rudy Gay.

then maybe 3 years after that; oh , wait, hes in the twilight of his career now, dowhill fast; maybe its over.

literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to become a star. and i was being optomistc, the players i mentioned have been stuck in the same stratosphere for far more than 3 years.. and thats how it goes most of the time; its hard to jump up classes, thats why you should just WISH SOOO HARD,,,,,,for him to become a consistent contributer.

fans bag on stagnant players in much higher echelon's ,,,im bagging on a player whos considered a boarderline scrub/non contributer/boarderline Dleaguer by a good amount of teams.

dont quote me on the very end of that last line; but you probly will, cuz its your only way out

Edited by iDreamShake, August 21, 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#43 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,136 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:06 AM

let him get there first huh?

Why the [expletive] would I say I hope he develops into a star if he's already there? :facepalm: Keyword is HOPE dude.

the truth obviously is in the middle of both arguments 

No. The truth is what you've seen on the court over the last few seasons. (Especially in the playoffs)

Pau Gasol is GONE

#44 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why the [expletive] would I say I hope he develops into a star if he's already there? :facepalm: Keyword is HOPE dude.

No. The truth is what you've seen on the court over the last few seasons. (Especially in the playoffs)

i meant let him get to being a consistent contributer first .

:cool2:

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#45 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,136 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:31 AM

I never said he's a star.

I never said he's an all star.

Me hoping for those things does nothing to determine whether or not he actually succeeds at them and whether I do or don't hope will do nothing to "let him get to being a consistent contributor". He has to do it himself and I HOPE he does.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,898 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Alright... Pau shot 40% from the block last year.

Let's not pretend that his issue was in not being in the post.  He shot poorly from near everywhere on the court last year that wasn't directly under the basket.

Talk about his injuries, talk about the pain he played in, talk about showing up to camp out of shape.

But don't act like he was anymore effective in the post THIS year.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#47 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,530 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 21, 2013 - 12:53 PM

He is, Kobe runs on the treadmill and the youngins go practice on the court.

Nowhere near what I had in mind. And I'm sure you know what I mean. 

2hf753r.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users