Photo

Lamar Odom Gets Emotional When Talking About Laker Experiences As Well As His Departure

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• 40,364 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 12:21 AM

I thought this was worthy of its own thread cause I feel it's that good and my hopes are that more people will see it this way and it won't be as buried as it more than likely would be in the other LO thread. If however, I was the OP to that thread and had the power to edit the title, then I would certainly post it there without hesitation and update the title to alert people accordingly, but I am not so..

Watch & listen from 5:26-6:48 & 9:34-11:44:

Bonus videos:

He literally looks like he's almost gonna' completely lose it here. Hardcore depression.

These videos just go to further show just how deeply in love LO was with being a Laker and perhaps why currently he's so conflicted possibly at the same time about coming back. I really think he might still be hurt from it and maybe letting his ego & pride get the best of him.

Edited by    , August 15, 2013 - 12:39 AM.

yo.

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,763 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 15, 2013 - 12:28 AM

Man.. I miss LO. I hope you find peace in your life, man.

Edited by -Wade-, August 15, 2013 - 12:30 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,052 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 15, 2013 - 12:29 AM

I miss LO.. i miss the old squad.. but thats the thing.. its the old squad.. we need to find new pieces until they fit. I think we are in that process. It will take a couple years i think

ap1.png

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,312 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:46 AM

Always felt bad for LO, who seems like a guy who is a bit too sensitive and naive for his own good.

I hope he comes back though. As a 4th big behind Pau, Hill and Kaman, you could do a lot worse than LO.

#5 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,420 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 15, 2013 - 04:18 AM

Guys wouldn't care if we had actually been able to hold on to CP3.  LO chumped out, I don't feel bad for an adult making millions that was traded to a situation that was a still a competitor.  If he had been traded to a bottom feeder I'd feel bad for him. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,312 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:08 AM

Guys wouldn't care if we had actually been able to hold on to CP3.  LO chumped out, I don't feel bad for an adult making millions that was traded to a situation that was a still a competitor.  If he had been traded to a bottom feeder I'd feel bad for him. 

A competitor? He was traded to the [expletive]ing Hornets.

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:35 AM

LO still hasnt gotten over getting traded has he? The guy was more emotionally invested in a business contract then I have ever seen. In hind sight at least he would have been loyal.

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,420 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:41 AM

A hornets team that pretty much got 4 out of the 5 best rockets players on it at the time as well.  Then he got traded to Dallas who at the time was still a pretty good team. 

A competitor? He was traded to the [expletive]ing Hornets.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,312 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:47 AM

A hornets team that pretty much got 4 out of the 5 best rockets players on it at the time as well.  Then he got traded to Dallas who at the time was still a pretty good team. 

Whatever man, 

I agree that it's hard to feel bad for a guy making millions. However, some millionaires are actually good guys and LO seems like he's a good guy and since he was one of my favorite players on the championship Lakers i feel bad for him. Especially since it really hurt his career. 

That trade [expletive]ing sucked so god damned is so many ways i get angy just thinking about it.

#10 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:21 PM

I don't care whether Lamar makes millions or nothing. The man felt at home with the Lakers. Of course he should understand that in the end the NBA is pure business, but that doesn't mean he should hold all his emotion within himself.

• 40,364 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:22 PM

I honestly don't think I can recall an athlete ever being this emotionally attached to a team. If you can name me another one feel free too.

yo.

#12 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,851 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:31 PM

I honestly don't think I can recall an athlete ever being this emotionally attached to a team. If you can name me another one feel free too.

payton manning to the colts

jeter and the Yankees...

• 40,364 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:37 PM

^ I mean actually expressing it though in this way that Odom has with more than numerous evidence. Can you find me enough footage expressing the passion & love to this magnitude from them like Odom?

yo.

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,420 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Nothing wrong with having passion but too much comes off as weak.  Odom got traded and crapped out on the next team instead of doing his job as a player and playing at an acceptable level.  That should not be overlooked.  Peyton went to a new team and balled out.  Odom cried and whine his way out of Dallas.

^ I mean actually expressing it though in this way that Odom has with more than numerous evidence. Can you find me enough footage expressing the passion & love to this magnitude from them like Odom?

• 40,364 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:44 PM

I mean he seemingly took this as personal as say a boyfriend girlfriend relationship or husband & wife. Never seen another athlete take it as hardcore, at least not through evidence.

yo.

#16 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted August 17, 2013 - 01:51 AM

Nothing wrong with having passion but too much comes off as weak.  Odom got traded and crapped out on the next team instead of doing his job as a player and playing at an acceptable level.  That should not be overlooked.  Peyton went to a new team and balled out.  Odom cried and whine his way out of Dallas.

He's had a tough life, tougher than most. Sure he's a multi-millionaire celeb athlete, but he's also a person, who seemed to have been broken emotionally by that trade. Nothing weak with investing yourself so heavily in something; his passion was admirable. 

As for Payton, iirc he bailed after getting traded from Seattle, jumping to LA ship with the mailman the following summer. Though he did keep it together. But Lamar is a different breed of emotional types I guess. Must be the Queensbridge blood.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#17 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,052 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 17, 2013 - 02:55 AM

talking about PEYTON manning, NFL QB i believe