#21 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 15, 2013 - 04:44 AM

Jeanie feels like we failed him because we gave him Pringles instead of Triangles. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,323 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Lakers were just a back surgery rehab camp to Dwight

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 15, 2013 - 07:06 AM

It's funny when Horry, Magic,Worthy and all these guys were KILLING Dwight, and such I thought, "Why are they going so hard"? Then you saw it, Dwight doesn't have what our a1 guys usually have and he doesn't have the leadership of our usual #2 guys . So comparing him to Kobe is foolish and most of us knew he never would be that, but could he be OLD Kareem or Pau, well frankly no.

The ability to play the back role is a gift, it is an under-appreciated talent and Dwight needs to develop that muscle, because Harden will control the ball 1000%, but honestly, I would not be surprised if Harden averages about 8 dimes or so, because he is a more willing passer than Kobe, and he will try and get Dwight involved on his drives to the basket, so we shall see

• 40,377 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:56 PM

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless weigh in on Lakers owner Jim Buss' comments that Dwight Howard "was never really a Laker; he was just passing through."

yo.

#25 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 847 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well, neither D12 or Jim Buss were really lakers. Maybe D12 was briefly, just maybe.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well, neither D12 or Jim Buss were really lakers. Maybe D12 was briefly, just maybe.

To insinuate Jim Buss was never a Laker is just taking hate to a whole new level.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Jim and Dwight need to settle this via a national debate on who is the worse Laker. 

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,014 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Jim and Dwight need to settle this via a national debate on who is the worse Laker. 

Jim Buss and Mitch as a TEAM helped get us Chris Paul, as well as Steve Nash and Dwight Howard in back to back off-seasons and then in the off-season Dwight leaves armed with nothing more than the vets min and the mMLE they somehow signed Chris Kaman, Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Jordan Farmar, and are going to sign one more person as well to that.

So what else does he have to prove?   Or are you gonna give all the credit to Mitch when something goes good and blame Jim Buss for everything that goes wrong?

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,461 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:03 PM

They also in turn made some other moves that may have crippled the franchise going forward.  Not trading Pau when he had great value, LO trade post CP3 debacle and giving up 2 most likely lottery picks for Nash at the age of 39 when he was having to get back treatment on a game to game basis.  Hiring Mike Brown when they had a successor in Shaw that would have kept the c-ship team in balance for another run.  Firing Mike Brown only to not hire Phil.  We know the history, don't ignore it.

Jim Buss and Mitch as a TEAM helped get us Chris Paul, as well as Steve Nash and Dwight Howard in back to back off-seasons and then in the off-season Dwight leaves armed with nothing more than the vets min and the mMLE they somehow signed Chris Kaman, Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Jordan Farmar, and are going to sign one more person as well to that.

So what else does he have to prove?   Or are you gonna give all the credit to Mitch when something goes good and blame Jim Buss for everything that goes wrong?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,014 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:17 PM

They also in turn made some other moves that may have crippled the franchise going forward.  Not trading Pau when he had great value, LO trade post CP3 debacle and giving up 2 most likely lottery picks for Nash at the age of 39 when he was having to get back treatment on a game to game basis.  Hiring Mike Brown when they had a successor in Shaw that would have kept the c-ship team in balance for another run.  Firing Mike Brown only to not hire Phil.  We know the history, don't ignore it.

Oh enough with the freaking lottery picks.

The Suns used that pick to sign Wesley Johnson who we just got in trade.

Here's my thoughts on those "marvelous picks" we gave up

Really?

Alright let's look at those picks

Middle of the pack first round picks in 2013(the "weak" draft)

and 2015 middle of the pack first round picks(no idea who they are yet)

As well as

Second Round Picks in 2013 the "weak" draft

And the 2014 "super" draft, yet it's a second round pick.

I'd like to know what world beating difference maker could we'd have gotten in the middle of the pack of the first round of the last "weak" draft and who we can get in the middle of the pack second round picks in the 2014 draft which would obviously come way after the first 10 in the first round. which is who everyone is talking about?   As far as I know we still have our first round 2014 pick as well.  

So what was the big deal about those drafts?  The fact they "could" have been used in a trade to get a younger player?

Suppose we'd waited, didn't get Nash and no team wanted to giveu p their player for our draft picks?   Then we'd have lost out.

I'm fine with gambling on a guy that would be the most deadly off ball shooter in the NBA and gave us 17/5 in 15 of the last 20 games of the season after finally adjusting to his off ball role on one leg.  Who could we have gotten with those picks that would have given us at least that? I can almost guarantee we wouldn't have gotten rid of those picks for anyone else that productive while still shooting over 50% and we wouldn't have drafted anyone CLOSE to that kind of production with those picks either.

just my 2 cents.

Let's see how Shaw does in Denver first ok?  Although if he does terribly I wonder if it will come down to the team bring "crippled" before he got to coach one game.

Those "picks" we gave up are overrated and we just got that pick back by signing Johnson who the Suns used that pick which obviously didn't mean jack squat to them as they didn't even save it.

Edited by Majesty, August 15, 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,461 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Seeing what Shaw does in Denver compared to what he could have done for LA with elite Kobe, emerging Bynum/possibly D12 and Pau isn't fair. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#32 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,461 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Shaw wasn't the best option b/c he was simply the best coach but that he was under the tutelage of Phil and would have been an easy transition with the same system they had just won with previously. 

#33 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Dude, I don't even have a horse in this race because I don't care about either. I'm saying because everyone is so convinced that Jim and Dwight are the worst ever, they ought to put on a Vaudeville show for us on TV so I can at least get some entertainment out of it. 

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,014 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:28 PM

Shaw wasn't the best option b/c he was simply the best coach but that he was under the tutelage of Phil and would have been an easy transition with the same system they had just won with previously. 

The system they had just gotten swept with under the greatest coach of all time cause the players stopped listening and had no defensive system(with Rambis gone) and depended on that "light switch".

Not to mention losing Odom and having a "so not walking on sunshine" Gasol.

It's taken Gasol how many years to get over that trade?

Odom was a key piece in our successes, losing him and then trying to run the same system with Barnes as our new "Lamar" how do you see that going? 

He'd have had to main Bynum and Gasol with starting lineup numbers and not even Phil made that work for very long.   Aside from our stretch at the end of the season(when we then subsequently lost 6 of the next 7 games) how does it work with Gasol and Bynum both having the same responsibilities? 

Losing Lamar would have screwed up whatever triangle rhythm we were trying to run with, he was the glue during those runs more so than the combination of Bynum/Gasol ever was.  

So it wasn't like we'd have seen the same success under Shaw's first year that we even saw in Phil's final year, as Odom was gone and Pau was in a "mood" that carried over from the playoffs and was made WORSE by the prospect of trading.    We'd probably have been out in the 2nd round anyway and finished 3rd in the west again, just like we had already.

What we'll see in Denver isn't what "system" Shaw is running, but how he'll deal with the players, how he'll work with team chemistry, what adjustments he'll make.  Just the kind of coach he can be in general.   THAT's fair is it not?

Edited by Majesty, August 15, 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#35 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 847 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 15, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Was Jim Buss responsbile for getting Nash and Howard? I always thought that was Mitch alone.

#36 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,461 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Why wouldnt he be? He's a hands on owner from what I've seen...fans like to play good cop bad cop with those 2.  They are a team.  If the team made an effed up move its on both not just Jim. 

I understand why this is though.  Jim looks like a drunk bum idiot running his dad's business into the ground while Mitch has history as a player and looks cool and calm anytime you see him.

Was Jim Buss responsbile for getting Nash and Howard? I always thought that was Mitch alone.

#37 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,094 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2013 - 04:56 PM

No matter what, Jim signs off on any deals and or contracts Mitch agrees to do.
Posted Image

#38 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:11 PM

For all intents and purposes though, I truly believe that both Jimmy and Jeanie believe they are both doing whatever they can for the organization. There's no sabotage at work here, like Stephen A Smith would suggest. Just maybe misguided at times. 

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,461 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't think there is sabotage but I strongly feel that since Jeanie is being plugged by Phil she is in more in tune with a great bball mind and seems to be more sensible to the environment while Jim seems to have this approach that we aren't changing and its going to stay the way it is b/c we are the Lakers.

Rome fell after 200 some odd years and a lot of our fans sound like Romans right before the ish hit the fan.  There are major changes that need to be made in this front office philosophy wise if they plan on contending again.

For all intents and purposes though, I truly believe that both Jimmy and Jeanie believe they are both doing whatever they can for the organization. There's no sabotage at work here, like Stephen A Smith would suggest. Just maybe misguided at times. 

#40 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 15, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Seeing what Shaw does in Denver compared to what he could have done for LA with elite Kobe, emerging Bynum/possibly D12 and Pau isn't fair. 

So, Shaw would have made 2012 Kobe, go look at the footage, Bynum and Pau win the title, go to the WCF.

To insinuate that Mitch isn't a great b ball mind is foolish.

Laker fans are dumb. They live in the universe in which thew 90s didn't exist so they think the 10 titles happened between 10-15 years.magic in his prime, Kobe 

in his prime.

Shaw would NOT have won with that team.

Stop hating.

Lakers have been great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users