31 replies to this topic

#21 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Give me a break. I'm sick of hearing this complete BS. Miami had not only beaten the Thunder consecutively dating back to the Finals, but dominated them as well as last season. In fact, the final scores weren't even indications of just how much of beatdowns they were given. I saw all of the games with my own two eyes. If anything, Miami had gotten' even better since that Finals team of theirs that went up against OKC and OKC had gotten' worse despite what regular season stats or numbers might show against other opposition, Miami's all that mattered and they've destroyed OKC for a while now. They're in their heads.

The Pistons beat Jordan for a few years in the late 80s before he finally beat them in '91.

OKC were better this year than last and i dont think you can put that much stock into two losses - one that was quite close and one where LBJ really went off. Also, the Heat were tired in the finals and Wade weren't himself, so i think OKC with Westbrook could have given them quite a run. But who knows. 

#22 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,385 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 18, 2013 - 06:29 AM

So Durant prefers harden over westbrook...
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,150 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 18, 2013 - 01:33 PM

and all OKC had to do to keep Harden was amnesty Perkins...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,404 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Harden's more of a natural playmaker & point guard type than Westbrook. He shares the ball more willingly & easily despite whatever statistics might say.

yo.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,150 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Harden's more of a natural playmaker & point guard type than Westbrook. He shares the ball more willingly & easily despite whatever statistics might say.

And all they had to do.....

yeah if the Thunder keep faltering it won't surprise me if Durant wants out.   They went from Championship contenders to a middle of the playoffs team and seem to be going backwards.  Just like the Orlando Magic.

#26 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:53 AM

And all they had to do.....

yeah if the Thunder keep faltering it won't surprise me if Durant wants out.   They went from Championship contenders to a middle of the playoffs team and seem to be going backwards.  Just like the Orlando Magic.

Keep faltering? Wtf?

They were the best team in the league going into the playoffs and then they lose their second best player and lose a series. Big deal. Why are everybody talking about the Thunder as if they're going somewhere. Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook are all 24 or less and they've got a lot of solid roleplayers and a couple of good picks. 

#27 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 19, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Keep faltering? Wtf?

They were the best team in the league going into the playoffs and then they lose their second best player and lose a series. Big deal. Why are everybody talking about the Thunder as if they're going somewhere. Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook are all 24 or less and they've got a lot of solid roleplayers and a couple of good picks. 

Because they had all those players plus Harden and they still couldn't get it done. Now they have lost Harden and then they lost Martin. They were not the best team last year and sure as hell wont be this year.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,150 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 01:09 PM

Because they had all those players plus Harden and they still couldn't get it done. Now they have lost Harden and then they lost Martin. They were not the best team last year and sure as hell wont be this year.

Yep. It ain't like reggie jackson and jeremy lamb are gonna duplicate production and even last year they weren't beating the Heat. They've gotten worse this off-season and are way worse than they were when they went to the finals(and still lost) they're going nowhere fast.

#29 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:43 PM

Well, based on win-margin and strength of Schedule, they were in fact the best team last season and excuse me for not being a big believer in Kevin Martin.

Could they have beaten the Spurs or Heat? Who knows. I dont and you sure as hell dont, either.

I wouldn't put too much stock into two regular season games vs. Miami.

Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook are not even in their prime yet...

• 40,404 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:45 PM

and the Finals just before that where they were absolutely dominated as well with a far better James Harden (over Martin).

yo.

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:56 AM

He should

Pau Gasol is GONE

#32 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Well, based on win-margin and strength of Schedule, they were in fact the best team last season and excuse me for not being a big believer in Kevin Martin.

Could they have beaten the Spurs or Heat? Who knows. I dont and you sure as hell dont, either.

Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook are not even in their prime yet...

I know that they wouldn't have beat the Spurs or the Heat...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users