#21 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 15, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Young kids now a days don't appreciate what real legends is all about. They grew up watching Jordan and thats all they know about. If a person can't dunk over people and make people say "dayam!" i guess they are not good.  Its a different generations of fans. So I understand why he doesn't think Magic is that great.   

I did noticed on your avatar that you just a fan since 1989.   That is the very tail end of Magic's career. Probably catch the 92 all star game which to me is still the best all star game of all time.   I was only 5 when I started to become a lakers fan so I had to watch all the old videos of magic to appreciate and remember how great he was. Watch him live once when I was 7 years old in 87.

Nah ...its because he wasn't a complete player.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#22 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 15, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Nobody is a complete player. Everybody has flaws.  Lebron james have many flaws and I always point it out to you guys which makes me a lebron james hater i guess.  Even the great Jordan have flaws.  Name me a complete player.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Nobody is a complete player. Everybody has flaws.  Lebron james have many flaws and I always point it out to you guys which makes me a lebron james hater i guess.  Even the great Jordan have flaws.  Name me a complete player.

The two most complete players...Jordan and Kobe.

#24 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 15, 2013 - 10:18 AM

As far as the complete players tag, Kareem and Bird immediately jumped to mind, with Johnson and Jordan closely behind. I think Kobe as an SG has great depth and skill, but to say complete. Even in his prime people felt he didn't make the 'correct' pass or force too many things.

But that is the problem, saying a player is complete instigates perfection, which is impossible to relate to.

#25 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,892 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted August 15, 2013 - 11:35 AM

Not going to post in the thread without wishing Magic a happy birthday.

But yeah, Kobe was the better player. Magic wasn't even a complete overall player and I don't need to be 30 years old to tell you that. The guy was a defensive liability for majority of his career.

Kobe's longevity is rivaled by only Kareem and Malone. What he has been able to do and how long he has been able to do it is incredible. Magic had 12 elite seasons. You can attribute that to his illness, but that doesn't change the fact.

Kobe is the better scorer, better defender, better shooter, and the better athlete. He has more all NBA selections, more all-defensive team selections, more all-star appearances (all of which outweighs the 2 more MVPs MJ has and that is a moot point considering Kobe should have at least 3-4) and the same amount of rings. Kobe was the undisputed best and most complete player in the game from 2002 up until 2011.

Somebody please tell me how Magic is better than Kobe. Anyone. Please.
iyjywo.jpg

#26 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 11:40 AM

As far as the complete players tag, Kareem and Bird immediately jumped to mind, with Johnson and Jordan closely behind. I think Kobe as an SG has great depth and skill, but to say complete. Even in his prime people felt he didn't make the 'correct' pass or force too many things.

But that is the problem, saying a player is complete instigates perfection, which is impossible to relate to.

Thats not really what I mean when I say a complete player. A complete player can do everything on the court and do very well. I wouldn't say Kareem is a complete player because of dribbling and outside shooting but that pretty much goes for every big man.  Bird is a complete player.

A complete player can shoot, dribble, take it to the rim, create for themselves and others, shoot off the dribble, pass, post game, mid range and outside game, perimeter defense and post defense. 

Jordan and Kobe did it all.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:55 PM

ESPN made this for him recently:

yo.

#28 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,835 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Right now, magic is the greatest lakers just because he's not playing. When Kobe retires in 4 years. We will see

By that time, Kobe will get 1-2 rings, more all star selection, more all nba time, maybe another season/all star/MVP. Plus he will be 2 or 1 in career points in playoffs and season.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)