Photo

If Lakers end up being 4 seed or higher, should Kobe hands down win MVP?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,544 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:34 AM

That's the second tier of all time greats. Kobe belongs in the first tier of all time greats with Jordan, Magic, etc. and those others players are in that second tier. Some people like the discredit the MVP when their favorite player didn't win any or few. 

hahaha Hakeem and Shaq are second tier greats but you already put LeBron in the first tier.

Hahahahah just stop

#42 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:41 AM

As I've said many times before, ranking NBA players all time is all based on opinion.

So when someone gives their top 5 or top 10, that's what they think. Doesn't mean they're right nor does it mean they're wrong. Same goes for the Kobe vs MJ debate or Kobe vs LeBron.

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Jerry West isnt even a legit top 10 player of all time.  MJ, Kobe, KAJ, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Tim Duncan, Lebron, Wilt, Hakeem...West legacy is much bigger than he was actually as a player.  Hell comparing most players from the 60s and 70s at the wing to the guys to day really doesn't hold weight anyway.  Jerry West would get washed by AI and Dwade. 

Much respect to what he has done for the game and the Lakers for that matter tho....(puts on flameproof jacket)

Dirk,nash,Pierce,Joe johnson and a ton of other non-athletic players have success in the NBA.

Larry Bird,Rubio, and more and more.

You can't say Jerry West wouldn't be a more effective player than AI or Wade. Please just stop that asinine argument.

#44 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:46 AM

Don't think there is much Kobe can do to solidify his legacy at this point.  Depending on who you talk to he could range from #2 to #10.  Thats great regardless of how you look at it.  Really to have a real ranking out of a top 10 of hundreds of greats over many generations.

If he comes backs and have a statistically better season this season with at least 75 games played and 50 wins, his legacy will receive a huge boost.

He probably can't hurt his legacy but he can help.

even if he limps through the season, drags us to the playoffs and we win one playoff game bc of his heroics, that will hold weight in the future

#45 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 12:39 PM

That's the second tier of all time greats. Kobe belongs in the first tier of all time greats with Jordan, Magic, etc. and those others players are in that second tier. Some people like the discredit the MVP when their favorite player didn't win any or few. 

lmao

Pau Gasol is GONE

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Until it's voted on by players and coaches, it will hold very little weight to a player.

Also, Jerry West, a second tier all-time great?  Man, that says a lot right there.

#47 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted August 16, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Everybody and their mother believes that the Lakers will go no higher than a 7 seed. A 6 seed is pretty much over exceeding expectations.  As much as I want the Lakers to fire MDA and it is a good chance they will if the Lakers suck, I always wanted the Lakers to have a sucessful season even if it such an eye sore to see mr prinkles on the bench. I love the "us against the world" mentality. And ofcourse the guy who will run the ship will be Kobe.  So if Kobe plays most of the season and lead the lakers to a 4th seed or higher, should he be no doubt the MVP?  Or will the King James train going too fast and end up winning another one even if the heat probably gonna suck next year?  

I want him to win another season MVP. Yes I know it doesn't mean as much to him as a finals MVP but he deserves more than just one. Amazing how the top 4 best player in the history of the nba only have 1 mvp.  To me I dont think Kobe will ever win another mvp. He is such a polorizing figure and a lot more Kobe haters out there than Lebron haters. Kobe needs to do crazy things for the beed writers to vote for him.

popularity award broski..   LBJ will end up winning it again next season.

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#48 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 300 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 16, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Kobe's MVP days are probably behind him. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users