#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,156 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:33 AM

This is a moving and beautiful story.  Kudos Jordan.. Kudos... now I'm gonna go act like I'm not getting teary

Lakers’ Jordan Farmar makes first official move, one to brighten childrens’ days

Jordan Farmar was on his first official visit as a Laker again, and he was wheeling purple Lakers bags filled with souvenirs through the pediatrics unit Tuesday at UCLA Medical Center.

His first stop was in Jasmine Faulk’s room, and he received a warm welcome. Faulk made him two Lakers signs and taped them to her door.

Faulk, wearing a green track suit and Hello Kitty socks, is 10 years old and battling Rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancerous tumor that is attached to a bone. Hers was behind her eye.

Jasmine shook Farmar’s hand and smiled a lot. You wouldn’t blame her if she was disappointed.

The Lomita resident should be starting sixth grade with her friends. But she’s done chemotherapy once a week over the last 44 weeks. She told Farmar that she was having her last chemotherapy treatment that day.

When she got up from her hospital bed and put her arm around Farmar for a picture, she told him she was kind of dizzy.

``That’s OK,’’ Farmar assured her. ``You can lean on me.’’

It was a touching moment between two strangers brought together by sports, a dreaded disease and good will.

Faulk is due for an MRI in September, according to her mom, Caroline Faulk and to return home in a few days.

``Congratulations,’’ Farmar told her. ``That’s good news. You’re pretty brave.’’

*later on in article*

After Farmar left the room to visit other patients, Jasmine laid down on her bed. Later, she walked around the hallways to find Farmar so she could take a picture with him and another cancer patient, the first friend she made in the hospital.

READ MORE HERE PLEASE: http://www.dailynews...-childrens-days

BRk_mAjCUAAqhek.jpg

^baggage of gifts he brought for the kids in purple and gold bags sor7uv.jpg

Call me a softie for these kinds of things.. but I get emotional when I hear stories like this...

Beautiful story.... great great work Jordan.. keep up the wonderful work!!!

Edited by Majesty, August 14, 2013 - 05:44 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:56 AM

So he took a paycut to come play for the Lakers, and then decided to give back to the community by giving more of his money?

Love this guy!

BTW Majesty, I think it's time for you to change your sig, Dwight's gone.

Edited by LakersFanatic, August 14, 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 14, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Childrens Hospital is awesome guys. Whatever city. They are miracle workers. IMO one of the most important things in America. When my daughter got super sick a few years back they took such good care of her. I am forever grateful towards what they do. As I was in the prayers my LN homeys made for her. Childrens is awesome. props to Farmar for doing what hes doing.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,404 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 11:32 AM

BTW Majesty, I think it's time for you to change your sig, Dwight's gone.

You also need to update your member title Majesty: Grats on making the Warrior Girls cuzzo!!

You told us she's a Raiderette now.

yo.

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,253 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 14, 2013 - 11:37 AM

I believe Jordan has always been that way. Even overseas he was doing it. Mad props to A guy that gives like this. Nice post Majesty
Posted Image

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 14, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Childrens Hospital is awesome guys. Whatever city. They are miracle workers. IMO one of the most important things in America. When my daughter got super sick a few years back they took such good care of her. I am forever grateful towards what they do. As I was in the prayers my LN homeys made for her. Childrens is awesome. props to Farmar for doing what hes doing.

And all Children's Hospitals are non-profit, meaning doctors and nurses get paid like crap compared to other hospitals... So you know that the health care professionals that work there are there because they are passionate about helping kids and not doing it for the money

And it shows - children's hospital orange county and CH Philadelphia are annually two of the best rated magnet hospitals (magnet hospitals are the cream of the crop) in America

2div

#7 South Bay Laker Fan

South Bay Laker Fan

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 16, 2013 - 07:17 AM

A beautiful story. Definitely brought tears to my eyes. Went to UCLA when Jordan was there. Always been a big fan of his.

#8 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 07:28 AM

And all Children's Hospitals are non-profit, meaning doctors and nurses get paid like crap compared to other hospitals... So you know that the health care professionals that work there are there because they are passionate about helping kids and not doing it for the money

And it shows - children's hospital orange county and CH Philadelphia are annually two of the best rated magnet hospitals (magnet hospitals are the cream of the crop) in America

My little sis was at CHOC when she had surgery to remove her tumor and for her chemo treatments last fall and winter. The people there are amazing. Always felt like she was in good hands.

#9 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,383 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2013 - 09:44 AM

So much respect for Farmar.

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,877 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Lakers aer more than just winning titles, it's about this. character guys, helping the city. giving back to the people.

• 40,404 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Farmar visited the pediatrics unit at UCLA Medical Center. Most of these kids are undergoing chemotherapy treatments for cancer. Farmar allowed Lakers Nation to come along for the visit.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users