Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:11 PM

I want a response from Rakim

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#42 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:14 PM

How is saying your the next one Im gonna eat not a diss? How is saying your not the king of new york not a diss when Kendrick just said I am the king of new york? If you look at his lyrics he is coming at the rap game as a whole to all the main stream rappers and he is putting kendrick in that category.  He says so stop it real hip hop in this [expletive]. You have to see what he is actually saying, this is actually using lyrics to come after people. He says you a lot referring to a person and then one of his last lines "Im optimus prime trucking your boulvard just wishin', that a star screams so I can go on a bombing mission" So we are suppose to believe that he focuses directly on the walk of fame boulevard in California and isnt saying a thing relating to Kendrick and just star rappers in general? They might of been boys but as you can tell he seemed pretty offended that he wasnt seen as a threat as a lyricist so what he did was murder the track and put a better verse together then kendrick did. Simple and plain thats how you play the game

And like I say Jay just dropped MCHG and that whole album was hot. If you had to put someone on the rap throne you have to say its Jay, Jay has been that dude on top since around 2000, still is to this day. You cant give out a crown and move it around after every year. You get on the throne by having staying power and Jay has shown that he will outlast and shine through the different ages of hip hop and has always been a top MC.

Kendrick didn't diss these guys He was just saying that they're his competition and that he is taking the game over step y'all game up.  If he claimed that he is the king of NY which everyone in new york been [expletive]ing with K Dot, he is ringing in NY the most. Thats not dissing They are both taking shots at each other yeah. Throwing jabs but thats not dissing each other. He didnt disrespect anyone. But you can call it a diss to me its not. Its nothing personal. I see why u think its a diss tho. Kendrick can def come up with something better didnt even see what he can do yet he can do way more than this. Both were dope tracks.

MCHG was alright but wasn't nearly on the level as his other albums hes old but hasnt fallin off yet but there will be people coming for it. Like I said I never said he wasnt a top MC I just said he was a legend and a hall a famer and still on top.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 13, 2013 - 05:23 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#43 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,086 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:24 PM

I will still take Andre 3000

ap1.png

#44 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:36 PM

kendrick was good, but it wasn't the best thing since sliced bread by any means...

JO handled for sure...but wouldn't call it a dis...would call it a response, and i view those different.  

and yea jen, was listening to max&marc on the way home from work, wondering how they got to talking about hip hop

Posted Image

#45 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:37 PM

^^Exactly, a response, a jab. Not a diss I view those differently too.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 13, 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#46 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Kendrick didn't diss these guys He was just saying that they're his competition and that he is taking the game over step y'all game up.  If he claimed that he is the king of NY which everyone in new york been [expletive]ing with K Dot, he is ringing in NY the most. Thats not dissing They are both taking shots at each other yeah. Throwing jabs but thats not dissing each other. He didnt disrespect anyone. But you can call it a diss to me its not. Its nothing personal. I see why u think its a diss tho. Kendrick can def come up with something better didnt even see what he can do yet he can do way more than this. Both were dope tracks.

MCHG was alright but wasn't nearly on the level as his other albums hes old but hasnt fallin off yet but there will be people coming for it. Like I said I never said he wasnt a top MC I just said he was a legend and a hall a famer and still on top.

I know Kendricks verse wasnt a diss. If anything it was a compliment to those that he called out by saying they are his competition. However, Ortiz certainly was a shot. It might not be as blatant as hit em up or ether, but certainly was telling Kendrick and all main stream rappers that he is here and can murder a track with the best of them. Basically was letting them know they can get it if they want to. I guess you can look at a diss differently, but this is much more than just a random track with the same beat as control.

MCHG was hot idk what your talking about. The best album of the year so far probably. Also I think it is one of his better works in the recent years. He basically put this thing together in a few months. MCHG was like a mixtape that HOV put out as an album, and it was damn good.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 13, 2013 - 05:41 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#47 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:52 PM

I know Kendricks verse wasnt a diss. If anything it was a compliment to those that he called out by saying they are his competition. However, Ortiz certainly was a shot. It might not be as blatant as hit em up or ether, but certainly was telling Kendrick and all main stream rappers that he is here and can murder a track with the best of them. Basically was letting them know they can get it if they want to. I guess you can look at a diss differently, but this is much more than just a random track with the same beat as control.

MCHG was hot idk what your talking about. The best album of the year so far probably. Also I think it is one of his better works in the recent years. He basically put this thing together in a few months. MCHG was like a mixtape that HOV put out as an album, and it was damn good.

Yeah he was taking a shot at him and throwing jabs but that is different from dissing.

Hell nah wasn't the best album so far imo. It was just alright. But that's ur opinion.

#48 L.A.7

L.A.7

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Nick Young gonna be proud lol. Kendrick did drop a fire verse though. Hopefully this fuels the new rappers to drop some good music. Way to go Kendrick, bring life back into hip hop.

#49 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Yeah he was taking a shot at him and throwing jabs but that is different from dissing.

Hell nah wasn't the best album so far imo. It was just alright. But that's ur opinion.

Who's album this year was better? It might not of been a diss track since it wasnt directly aimed at Kendrick, but a diss is whenever you play someone or try to clown something they said or have done, Ortiz did that a few times in his song. Might not have been a full blown diss but he did diss Kendrick and mainstream rappers in it.

#50 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 14, 2013 - 07:23 AM

Lupe's Response

Edited by Draztik, August 14, 2013 - 07:24 AM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#51 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 08:01 AM

Who's album this year was better? It might not of been a diss track since it wasnt directly aimed at Kendrick, but a diss is whenever you play someone or try to clown something they said or have done, Ortiz did that a few times in his song. Might not have been a full blown diss but he did diss Kendrick and mainstream rappers in it.

Idk dont really wanna think or spend time on this but from the top of my head I'll take Born Sinner right now that's my opinion tho. MCHG was ight to me, it might be second to me but may be even ASAP too idk we still got a lot more albums to go so. Diss is when you attacking someone on a personal level and disrespecting him and insulting him. Ortiz was def taking friendly shots and just making a response and not going to lie he threw a lil diss in there though you are right but wasnt a complete diss. I'm sure if he wanted to really diss Kendrick he really could. But there might be more people that will try to diss him but Kendrick has to live with that and take those hits but I think he can handle it because if he couldnt he wouldnt have said it. Yeah you right though he did throw a little diss at him but that is competitiveness and just competing.  It's all in the game like you said. But Im loving it lol! Now the boy Lupe responding have to check this out now.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 14, 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#52 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,575 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 14, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Lupe disappointing me

#53 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,848 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Cassidy had the best response so far.

#54 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 10:12 AM

#55 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 10:27 AM

^^^ did what he does best, punch lines. He always had some of the best punch lines, problem is he couldnt make a real track with them and thats fine I like his style a lot.

Lupe might of not had the best response track but I think he said it best, "Y'all easily impressed" in response to people saying Kendricks verse was flames.

#56 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,575 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 14, 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'd want to hear a hopsin diss track. He's always been one of the best at diss tracks

#57 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,008 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 01:27 PM

kendrick was good, but it wasn't the best thing since sliced bread by any means...

JO handled for sure...but wouldn't call it a dis...would call it a response, and i view those different.  

and yea jen, was listening to max&marc on the way home from work, wondering how they got to talking about hip hop

Ya they're still talking about it on 710 today it seems lol. I'm gonna guess it's because there was the mention on PJ ha

#58 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted August 14, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Cassidy and Joel Ortiz easily the best response.  But Cass atleast to me seemed more like a Meek mill diss than a Kendrick response.  Least Cass kept it real with this line

I got hype when I heard that Kendrick Lamar rapped I'm in the booth thinking construction boots and a hard hat - Cassidy

Just stating the obvious Kendrick motaviated all these rappers to come out now

Posted Image

#59 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,779 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Look.

In comparison to classic hip-hop and the modern underground, this isn't anything too special.

In comparison to what is being pushed out as hip-hop nowadays... this is straight fire. Hip-Hop is equally about culture... and Kendrick got the whole Hip-Hop community talking. Regardless if people like it or not, he gets props for that.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#60 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ya gotta respect what this young man is doing. He's raising the level. [expletive] that Versace [expletive]. Young Guru broke down the verse for ya'll check it out on the YouTube ;)

If any of the big rappers (Nas, Em, etc) respond to this [expletive] or diss him (which he didn't in the first place) Kendrick got a big W. That tells the world he IS on there level and they respect him enough to diss him. They won't even do that cause he respected them in the verse. He has Dre, Em and 50 on his side. Young Guru broke it down like i said before. Subpar rappers gonna try an diss for some fame. The OG's wont do anything cause be got there big support. This verse is basically flawless and makes him untouchable. He even explains that he doesnt give a [expletive] about jewelry, cloths and cars so they cant touch him with that either.

K. Dot started a fire on all the simpletons. It's up to you if you don't respect it. That was a big day for hip hop coming from my favorite current rapper of this era.

Edited by Ham, August 14, 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users