#21 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 13, 2013 - 10:48 AM

I hope beef actually does start havent had a good main stream beef is a long time. Thats when rappers drop their best stuff, make or break.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#22 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 13, 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm glad he claimed King of NY, we need some good verses going back and for just for the competition of it. 

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#23 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,791 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:10 PM

Phil Jackson's response to KDot name dropping him...

@PhilJackson11: @kendricklamar it’s okay to be cocky and sure, but we all need somebody to lean on. Let’s just call it mentoring.

iyjywo.jpg

#24 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,710 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:45 PM

and with that.. Phil drops the mic

ap1.png

#25 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:45 PM

LMAO, got a response from Phil that's too G

21lsbya.jpg

#26 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted August 13, 2013 - 01:15 PM

I don't smoke crack mother[expletive]er I sell it 

Posted Image

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,371 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 13, 2013 - 01:25 PM

It is being overblown,just like Lebron- Great but damn get off the nuts a bit

The best thing about is NY has been put on notice, I expect something from Nas, Joey BadAss and a little biot of those in between. Joeel Ortiz,Fred da Godson, I expect some retaliation for the King of NY stuff.

Drake ain't goin say too much, a slick name with no names mentioned, J Cole will say something but it won't be hostile. Asap will say nothing,  Big Kritt is likely t o come with a Pump out my chest song.

Good song, and all that, not quite Ether, Hit em Up , or anything. Maybe like Takeover tho

#28 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,084 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 01:38 PM

All I gotta say is... verse is fantastic, but I agree it's sure being overblown here lol

Edited by JEN, August 13, 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#29 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Notice how he doesnt call out Lil Wayne

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:25 PM

It is being overblown,just like Lebron- Great but damn get off the nuts a bit

The best thing about is NY has been put on notice, I expect something from Nas, Joey BadAss and a little biot of those in between. Joeel Ortiz,Fred da Godson, I expect some retaliation for the King of NY stuff.

Drake ain't goin say too much, a slick name with no names mentioned, J Cole will say something but it won't be hostile. Asap will say nothing,  Big Kritt is likely t o come with a Pump out my chest song.

Good song, and all that, not quite Ether, Hit em Up , or anything. Maybe like Takeover tho

Not even close. This isnt even a diss. He basically said Im here to be the best, people are saying he dissed them because he mentioned their name. Does Kobe diss MJ when he says he wants more then 6 since that number is related directly to MJ? Nope. Every track you named they actually insulted another rapper. The way you respond for this is just make a hot track, if anything the only people he actually dissed is the rappers he didnt name because he doesnt see them as a threat. Its a compliment to have been named. Again that is like Lebron saying I want to be the best out of Durant, Kobe, and Melo, not a diss he is showing them respect by saying they are competition.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 13, 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#31 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,458 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:29 PM

aww [expletive]. Wait... what's that I'm hearing? real Hip Hop? welcome back. K Dot done really put a fire under these [expletive]as asses. This rap [expletive] is finally getting REAL competitive! I wanna see [expletive]as battlin it out for the throne! Who is next!?

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 13, 2013 - 03:30 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:31 PM

aww [expletive]. Wait... what's that I'm hearing? real Hip Hop? welcome back. K Dot done really put a fire under these [expletive]as asses. This rap [expletive] is finally getting REAL competitive! I wanna see [expletive]as battlin it out for the throne! Who is next!?

When did Jay step down?

Also he went in on that track, that is a real diss.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 13, 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#33 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,458 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Its not a diss. And Jay is not on the throne imo I already say Jay is n Hall a Fame but idk he might still be on it tho but kinda fallin off of it. idk but u can say he still on it

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 13, 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#34 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:53 PM

Its not a diss. And Jay is not on the throne

"You not the king of new york, your next on my fork"

" I throw tomatoes at the podium for the wack awards yall [expletive]as get"

He is dissing K. dot and all main stream rappers actually. And Jay not on the throne? MCHG was great and he has been in the game since 1986 doing his thing. Kendrick has been relevant in the game for three years with one hot album, last time I check 50 cent had two hot albums and where is he at? To be considered the king you have to have staying power in this game. How many rappers have a hot album and then fall off the face of the earth?

EDIT: Also I am glad that kendrick put a fire under rappers though.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 13, 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#35 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,458 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:16 PM

I dont see it as a diss. They are all cool with each other just a competitiveness battle. It may seem like he is dissing him but he is not. This is what Kendrick wanted. Smart dude, trying to bring the rap game back. No one said that Kendrick is on the throne either. calm down. I agree I still think Nas, and Jay and the rest are still on top but they haven't really put nothing out right now but Yeah I might still say Jay still on the throne right now..but I already see these dude as legends and hall of famers. I want to see people battlin it out for the throne. And if Jay wanna let everybody now that he still on the throne than great.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, August 13, 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#36 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Joel always goes in

21lsbya.jpg

#37 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,084 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:29 PM

lol @ everyone everywhere talking about this. They're even talking about this on Max & Marcellus at the moment...

#38 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:30 PM

That's not dissing him dude. They are all cool with each other just a competitiveness battle. It may seem like he is dissing him but he is not. This is what Kendrick wanted. Smart dude, trying to bring the rap game back. No one said that Kendrick is on the throne either. calm down. I agree I still think Nas, and Jay are still on top but they haven't really put nothing out right now but Yeah I might still say Jay still on the throne right now..but I already see these dude as legends and a hall of famer.

How is saying your the next one Im gonna eat not a diss? How is saying your not the king of new york not a diss when Kendrick just said I am the king of new york? If you look at his lyrics he is coming at the rap game as a whole to all the main stream rappers and he is putting kendrick in that category.  He says so stop it real hip hop in this [expletive]. You have to see what he is actually saying, this is actually using lyrics to come after people. He says you a lot referring to a person and then one of his last lines "Im optimus prime trucking your boulvard just wishin', that a star screams so I can go on a bombing mission" So we are suppose to believe that he focuses directly on the walk of fame boulevard in California and isnt saying a thing relating to Kendrick and just star rappers in general? They might of been boys but as you can tell he seemed pretty offended that he wasnt seen as a threat as a lyricist so what he did was murder the track and put a better verse together then kendrick did. Simple and plain thats how you play the game

And like I say Jay just dropped MCHG and that whole album was hot. If you had to put someone on the rap throne you have to say its Jay, Jay has been that dude on top since around 2000, still is to this day. You cant give out a crown and move it around after every year. You get on the throne by having staying power and Jay has shown that he will outlast and shine through the different ages of hip hop and has always been a top MC.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 13, 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#39 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Bob just dropped how to rap. His response has a guitar solo ☑️Mate

21lsbya.jpg

#40 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Bob stuff was light. If Jada fires something since Kendrick said he was the king of new york its gonna be fire. Also would like to hear something from Joey Badass since him and Kendrick are suppose to be the new up and comers to carry their own coast, or at least thats what they get marketed as.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 13, 2013 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users