Photo

Kyrie Irving Sidesteps Question About Signing Max Extension With Cavaliers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,689 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 11, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Kyrie Irving Denies Rumor Of Wanting To Leave Cleveland

Kyrie+Irving+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+New+Y

by Jacob Rosen

Kyrie Irving is eligible for a contract extension next offseason with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but a rumor from Brandon Tierney of CBS Radio indicates there could be discord.

“I’ve heard from someone in the know… Kyrie Irving not long for Cleveland," said Tierney.

Irving responded to the statement on Twitter.

“I wish I knew ‘someone in the know’ for all my facts, maybe I would go into journalism as well!!” said Irving.

More in link.

http://www.waitingfo...cavs-departure/

#2 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,689 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Kyrie Irving Has 'No Intention' Of Leaving Cavaliers

Kyrie+Irving+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+New+J

by Mary Schmitt Boyer, The Plain Dealer

LAS VEGAS -- Cavaliers All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving debunked a recent Twitter rumor that he was ''not long for Cleveland.''

"I’m a Cavalier right now, I’m happy to be a Cavalier,'' Irving said after the first USA Basketball practice at UNLV's Mendenhall Center on Monday afternoon.

Irving tweeted a similar comment last week after the tweet from @Brandon Tierney but talked about it more extensively on Monday.

"I kind of had a sarcastic approach to it from what he said because it was a rumor starter,'' Irving said. "I don’t think he knows anybody in my camp, and I don’t know who the guy is. That type of stuff I don’t pay any attention to. Right now I’m a Cleveland Cavalier and I’m happy to be here.''

As if he had any intention of leaving right now, Irving said, "No, no intention.''

http://www.cleveland...-hes-happy.html

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,689 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Kyrie Irving Sidesteps Question About Signing Max Extension With Cavaliers

Kyrie+Irving+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+New+Y

By Jason Lloyd Published: August 10, 2013

Kyrie Irving wasn’t interested in discussing his future with the Cleveland Cavaliers while attending his basketball camp Saturday in Independence, Ohio.

When asked why he qualified previous comments about being happy with the Cavaliers by saying “right now,” Irving responded: “Right now I’m a Cavalier. This is where I am. All that future stuff, I’m not really worried about. I’m living in the moment right now and I’m just trying to get better with the teammates I have now and make the playoffs for Cleveland. That’s the only thing I can do right now is give it my all as it stands right now and that future stuff, I’m not really worried about it.”

Asked directly if he would sign a maximum five-year extension with the Cavaliers next summer, Irving said, “I’m not really worried about that right now. Right now I’m focusing on the year ahead, my third year, then I’ll worry about that in the summer time.”

Irving could opt out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent in 2016.

More in link.

http://www.ohio.com/...ksEnabled=false

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 11, 2013 - 12:39 PM

I really don't see Cleveland ever getting back to it's prime years when they had Lebron and the best record in the NBA.  At best maybe in a few years with roster improvements they can be a 3rd - 5th seed but Cleveland Ohio itself just isn't enticing to most players and if Kyrie were smart he'd look elsewhere.  Regardless, they'll be a very interesting team to watch this year with such solid young pieces and a very intriguing Bynum coming off his injury.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,133 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 11, 2013 - 02:58 PM

He's seeing how successful they are going to be and how things pan out.

Unlike John Wall he wants to make sure he's in a place that's gonna be winning within the next year or so and is building to something great.

If they haven't by the time of the final day of his contract he'll be going elsewhere.

Always felt this kid was a future Laker, felt it stronger about him than any other player.  I hope I'm right.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users