Photo

Jalen Rose Says Kobe Won't Get His 6th Ring With MDA As His Coach & Nash As The PG; Doesn't Believe He'll Win Another As A Laker

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

• 40,416 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 11:48 PM

He also talks about Kobe's recovery, the Lakers future free agency endeavors, Kurt Rambis & what it can potentially mean for Phil Jackson, and a slight mention of the Clippers compared to the Lakers.

Watch & listen @ 35:25-41:17

Edited by    , August 10, 2013 - 12:22 AM.

yo.

#2 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted August 10, 2013 - 03:48 AM

Well it's better than Charles saying we suck. It's also what I've been saying for a long time that getting LeBron or Melo is BS. It would take the stars aligning perfectly for that to happen.  I do think if somehow Indiana doesn't go at least as far as they went last year George may bolt. I would rather get 4 star players on 3 year contracts at a discount than 2 Superstar players with Max contracts. I'm personally done with the butts in seats names who are past there prime thing.. We need BALLERS!!!

#3 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted August 10, 2013 - 05:57 AM

Well it's better than Charles saying we suck. It's also what I've been saying for a long time that getting LeBron or Melo is BS. It would take the stars aligning perfectly for that to happen.  I do think if somehow Indiana doesn't go at least as far as they went last year George may bolt. I would rather get 4 star players on 3 year contracts at a discount than 2 Superstar players with Max contracts. I'm personally done with the butts in seats names who are past there prime thing.. We need BALLERS!!!

george is restricted bro..dream on

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted August 10, 2013 - 08:55 AM

who cares what Rose says! When Stern is gone for good its the new Commish job to fix finals

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for the timestamps, they really help. I just don't have an hour to watch a video all the time.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#6 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,058 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Jalen Rose got more DUIs than playoff appearances

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#7 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:25 AM

That's why you got scored 81 

Edited by Ham, August 10, 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#8 OH-IO-LA

OH-IO-LA

Rookie

• 118 posts
  • Name:jason
  • Fan Since:1980's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I don't understand why people in the media are spending so much time talking about how the Lakers probably won't win a championship. Casual fans recognize that the Lakers aren't as loaded as they've been in past years and that the list of teams that are more equipped to win it all is much longer now. I have friends that barely watch the NBA that tell me these things everyday. I know it's the Lakers and people feel like they need to talk about them but I'm getting tired of every time I turn the TV or radio on hearing more about how LA will be bad than how some of the contenders will be good. 

Edited by OH-IO-LA, August 10, 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#9 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,213 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Guys he gets paid to state his opinion, he stated it. You don't have to blast him because its not what you wanted to hear.

#10 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I don't understand why people in the media are spending so much time talking about how the Lakers probably won't win a championship. Casual fans recognize that the Lakers aren't as loaded as they've been in past years and that the list of teams that are more equipped to win it all is much longer now. I have friends that barely watch the NBA that tell me these things everyday. I know it's the Lakers and people feel like they need to talk about them but I'm getting tired of every time I turn the TV or radio on hearing more about how LA will be bad than how some of the contenders will be good. 

They finally got the chance to [expletive] on us so they're taking it.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#11 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 10:57 AM

This year is going to be one of those epic underdog stories.

#12 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 10, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Still says more of our franchise that people are fixated on a 'losing' team, even the haters and naysayers. They cannot keep the word Lakers out of their mouth.

Still at least this interview didn't come of as nearly as obnoxious as others in recent memory.

#13 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,528 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 12:30 PM

All this shows is that even at the Lakers "lowest point" or "mediocre years" so to speak, they always manage to stay relevant and on the headlines.  That's a franchise for you, maybe we'll have a nice underdog story this year maybe we won't but it'll be fun.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 10, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Being a Laker fan it comes with the territory.  How many of us have dumped on Heat fans for the stupidest things.  When its our time to shine again we will and then you can go on every social network and talk ish.  I know I did in 09 and 10 every single game of the playoffs

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#15 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 10, 2013 - 01:22 PM

^

Similar to being called a bandwagon fan when they win, but when you proudly say you're a fan when they struggle people give you a perplexed look. I currently am in North Texas, I have seen too many Clipper "fans".

Edited by Ven, August 10, 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#16 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,408 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 02:27 PM

This will motivate Kobe even more. Not saying he's going to explode and win a championship this year. But he will in the future, and I'd love for him to win one with Nash.

Edited by Clutch Factor, August 10, 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#17 Rickety Cricket

Rickety Cricket

Rookie

• 13 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 10, 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well, it's not like he's wrong.

#18 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 05:15 PM

Okay. Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, Okafor, Ariza, Ben Gordon. I can take these five a do some serious damage. And could do these 5 for under 45 mil if the destination is the Lakers. Just an example of course but my point is there are major options next year that are not superstars. If I'm not mistaken Deng will be available also. Superstars are nice but what you need is a TEAM and a good coach that the TEAM respects

george is restricted bro..dream on

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 10, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Teams take time to build, thats something Kobe and Pau do not have.  They dont have 2-3 years to mesh with other guys.  None of the players you mentioned contributed to a playoff push this year let alone were a part of a great core.

Okay. Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, Okafor, Ariza, Ben Gordon. I can take these five a do some serious damage. And could do these 5 for under 45 mil if the destination is the Lakers. Just an example of course but my point is there are major options next year that are not superstars. If I'm not mistaken Deng will be available also. Superstars are nice but what you need is a TEAM and a good coach that the TEAM respects

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#20 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 06:21 PM

No. But the Laker do have many years to Mesh. I'm a Laker fan first. You have no idea what these guys can do under the correct leadership. Anyone who thinks you can only win if you have Lebron, Melo or George is a complete idiot. There is no combination of players that will guarantee a championship in the next two years not even Miami (Game 6)  Those players are a hell of a lot better than who we have now and we damn sure wouldn't be talking about MAYBE making the playoffs.

Teams take time to build, thats something Kobe and Pau do not have.  They dont have 2-3 years to mesh with other guys.  None of the players you mentioned contributed to a playoff push this year let alone were a part of a great core.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users