#101 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,107 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 12, 2013 - 08:43 AM

ETHER!!!

Well then why even have a basketball forum open for discussion, and why post here at all? If everyone is immune to criticism, why have opinions?

I don't give a damn how old he is, do you really not see the logical fallacy in this argument you're trying to present? You're basically saying oh, you're too young and haven't been through the same stuff as him, he's older than you, don't criticize him. By that logic, no one should ever criticize another person who's putting forth a less than stellar effort (in any job or profession) if they're older than them and/or more experienced. Thus Magic Johnson becomes immune to criticism despite making outrageously stupid statements every other ESPN halftime just because he's played professional basketball. Forget criticizing Michael Jordan's horrible decisions as an owner because, obviously, I've never owned a multi-million dollar sports franchise, what do I know? Oh man, Miley Cyrus is such a trainwreck right now, but wait, I shouldn't call her out. I've never been a teenage star of a Disney sitcom. I don't know what she's been through. The struggle is real.

Theory is applied to real life every day, and we're not talking about something complex like organic chemistry or neurological brain science. This is basketball, a game that revolves around putting a ball through a hoop. It doesn't take much to understand the game nor analyze it effectively. You don't need to be a professional basketball player or super-athlete to understand how and why the game works the way it does. Why do you think that so many great players from NBA history don't translate into great coaches? If things worked the way that you seem to be implying, then every great player should be great in some coaching or organizational job in the NBA because they know the game and are familiar with it. But that's not the case at all the majority of the time. It's not the great players who understand the absolutely intricacies and translate it to a coaching platform, it's the roleplayers who aren't as gifted physically that spend all their time and effort going through theory and improving little by little.

You have no point, that's the issue here. You're sidestepping every point I've made and picking and choosing what you want to respond to. And the "argument" you've presented so far is that I'm young, therefore my points are irrelevant and I shouldn't criticize because I don't know life. It might be time to go back inside, I think recess is over.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#102 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 12, 2013 - 09:09 AM

Lol.

Don't criticize him, you can criticize him all you want.

i just said, with no NBA experience you can't possibly compare your NBA knowledge to his and your age is relevant because of the experience he has over you. He's been involved in high level basketball as long if not longer than your length of life

#103 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 09:11 AM

what..?

yes, black Dirk.

Both are taller than usual for their position. Both are pretty clutch, but still kinda soft.

Durant is BLACK, so obviously, more athletic, quicker and since he is the next generation, he has more facets to his game, but they do have similar games, I can't believe that's even a controversy

#104 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 09:12 AM

http://sports.yahoo....25391--nba.html

#105 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:03 AM

Lol.

Don't criticize him, you can criticize him all you want.

i just said, with no NBA experience you can't possibly compare your NBA knowledge to his and your age is relevant because of the experience he has over you. He's been involved in high level basketball as long if not longer than your length of life

Well then what the hell was the point of your last couple of replies? We're here for discussion and you seem to not be interested in making any relevant points. I'm not talking with Scott Brooks, I'm talking with YOU. You're just wasting my time at this point. And my point is still relevant, since I wasn't comparing my NBA knowledge with Scott Brooks, but criticizing his decisions as a coach which have directly led to his team losing.

You're quick to give him accolades for coming back down 0-2 against San Antonio, but you obviously weren't paying much attention other than looking at the boxscore. You're probably one of those fans who also thinks that we improved midway through this season because of D'Antoni's "adjustments" and not the fact that Kobe killed himself to will us to the postseason. There was no difference in Brooks' gameplan the entire series, he stuck to his guns and his stubborn rotations throughout the whole thing. I watched every single game, and unlike you, I actually question and try to understand what's happening instead of eating it up.

The difference in 2012 versus the Spurs was that once the series went back to Oklahoma, Thabo Sefolosha had one of the best games of his career in Game 3 when he scored 19 points, grabbed 6 boards, and had 6 steals. OKC notched 14 steals in that game and completely disrupted the Spurs all night long. Game 4? Ibaka just had the best game of his career going 11-11 from the field for 26 points. By this point, OKC had the momentum and it carried over to Game 5 which was a nailbiter into the last minute. It was 103-101 in San Antonio and then James Harden stuck the dagger at the 28 second mark in the 4th quarter with only 2 left on the shot clock. Finally, after deflating San Antonio's hopes at home with that Harden dagger, they closed it out in OKC where they had been undefeated all postseason long.

The difference wasn't Scott Brooks in the final 4 games, OKC did everything exactly the same as they were in their two losses. It was career nights from Sefolosha and Ibaka and James Harden who all of a sudden couldn't miss from beyond the arc. He made 9-13 from beyond the arc in the last 4 games of that series, many of which were big momentum shots in the second half either to stem a San Antonio run or stick a dagger into any hopes of a comeback.

What else you got?

#106 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,829 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:10 AM

the negativity Is because, in the first TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, someone choose to leave the lakers... A STAR choose to leave LA..

#107 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:27 AM

the negativity Is because, in the first TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, someone choose to leave the lakers... A STAR choose to leave LA..

and Phil wasn't hired, and Dr Buss is gone, and people don't like MDA but more than any of that Kobe was severely injured to END last season

#108 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:34 AM

Actually L.a.K.E.R., i think it wasn't all Kobe at all. It was Dwight getting healthier, it was Nash and Blake instead of duhon and Morris, it was Meeks and Jamison finding a role.

Kobe facilitated a slowed down offense and yes he was the major reason why the Lakers went on a tear, but MDA stepped out of the way and even assisted in doing things that were slower.

Again, to give MDA no credit is asinine and if you aren't engaging in hyperbole then I think you have to step back and criticize every coach that ever existed.

And Scott Brooks deserves credit.

george karl didn't deserve to be fired. Neither did Lionel Hollins. Doc rivers is probably the most OVERRATED coach in the game. here's a guy who lost 18 out of 22 games and then gets the unquestioned best team in the NBA, without a doubt, and wins the title. team underperformed in the playoffs, and when Garnett was hurt the year after, they weren't a threat whatsoever.

#109 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:37 AM

No.

It's because the front office decided to hire MDA. Everything else is/was a ripple effect.

If we hadn't hired MDA, we wouldn't be in this situation. 

Pau Gasol is a big reason for the negativity too. He hurts the franchise.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#110 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,444 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 12, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I love your posts windu, it cracks me every time :)
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#111 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 12, 2013 - 04:24 PM

I love your posts windu, it cracks me every time :)

MDA and Pau Gasol are not a laughing matter.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users