Photo

Chris Brown May Be Quitting Music, "tired of being famous for a mistake"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 10:02 PM

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

Chris Brown took to Twitter on Tuesday to tell the world that he plans to quit music after the release of "X," his upcoming LP.

The R&B singer said he's "tired of being famous for a mistake" he made when he was 18, referencing when he assaulted Rihanna.

@chrisbrown
Chris Brown

Don't worry mainstream America.After this X album, it'll probably be my last album.
August 6, 2013 1:27 pm

@chrisbrown
Chris Brown

Being famous is amazing when it's for ur music and talent. I'm tired of being famous for a mistake I made when i was 18. I'm cool & over it!
August 6, 2013 1:34 pm

NYET320-People__1256756cl-4.jpg
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,062 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 07, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Still haven't taken responsibility and matured, eh Chris? Actions have consequences, good and bad.  What you did was very wrong, and degrading to woman who struggle with this and are afraid of their lives when this happens. Live with your actions, time can heal wounds, make music that enhances your image to your listeners, make music that puts woman in a positive light. Instead of throwing a tantrum of "omg! i've been good for so-so years, and that was the past, just get over it already!" that is not realistic or a mature attitude... im not even gonna continue

ap1.png

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,481 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 07, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yea guys, his fists just accidentally kept hitting her face. I mean give the guy a break. 

#4 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:13 PM

I mean, what he's doing is called music? lol

#5 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 01:10 AM

He was 20 when he hit Rihanna? 

It's hard to like Chris Brown but he made hit album after hit album since he was 15. His music has always been good and I'm definitely coming from an unbiased view on this. 

Posted Image

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 08, 2013 - 01:23 AM

Still haven't taken responsibility

he took responsibility a long long time ago, apologized countless times and donated the proceeds of his concerts to battered womens foundations and founded one that still runs to this day.

No idea what else he has to do to please people.  Fail most likely since no one that complains about him actually does any research to find out what he's actually done to atone for his mistakes.   I guess if we act like he never did those things we could just keep constantly hating him for the same mistake and ignoring all the things he's attempted to do to atone. 

While people like Charlie Sheen, Sean Penn and James Brown gets passes for what they did despite most being repeat offenders.  I seriously don't know how in this righteous society we now live in Sean Penn still gets awards and jobs in Hollywood when he tried to murder Madonna with a baseball bat and actually almost did.   Or how Charlie Sheen gets press for the way he acts and gets laughed at when he brags about the times he's shot his wife....  I guess if their actions are swept under the rug and some out and out enhanced to add to their money making character that they can constantly go along and their career goes uncompromisable.

But Chris who made a terrible mistake when he was 18, and was subsequently made the poster child for domestic violence no matter what he does, has been trying to atone for that mistake every day of his career since then and people still act like he never apologized or never did anything positive.  When in reality if they did their research they'd realize they were wrong.  BUT if they do their research then they'd have to acknowledge it, and then it wouldn't be as easy to say "he's done nothing to show he's sorry" and they'd have to acknowledge that they just didn't like him in the first place, regardless of how many strides he made.  Which is fine, I just wish people would admit it rather than acting holier than thou like the kid is the worst thing in the world.

He's said and shown how sorry he is for the past few years since he was 18 and hasn't been a repeat offender as well as making strides in the community as well as founding an organization against it as well as doing work in the inner cities for kids in terrible situations.   

If you still hate him after that then more power to you, but to act like he's done NOTHING to atone is just incorrect.  Acknowledging that he's done a lot to try to atone for the mistake he made but admitting you still hate him is fine too.  No need to act like you hate him cause he's done nothing.  You hate him cause you hate him and will hold that mistake over his head for the rest of his life. But you don't hate him because he's done nothing to show he's sorry.  And before you say "he hasn't satisfied ME enough!"

The truth is he never will because of how you already feel about him.

In other news, I doubt he quits music, he's probably just venting.  Which of course isn't allowed if it's someone we dislike.

And if you want an anti-violence song here you go(which he filmed with actual Bloods & Crips)

If you want music that puts women in a positive light or isn't about [expletive]ing them and is more about serenading them here you go.

And as with every artist out there I'm sure you could find songs out there about sex too.  But if you're so critical about positive music there you go.  Two singles off his next album =p

Is he innocent? Heck no.  But to act like he's never tried to atone or never put something positive out means you never did your research.  Probably because you're content to hate him regardless, which is fine as you have every right to feel that way.   Just as I have right ot acknowledge the good things he actually has done since then.   he got a ways to go but long as he makes strides I'm not gonna hate him for putting forth effort or succeeding. 

Not more than I hate those that are praised and are repeat offenders and never get that standard held above their head that he has had to endure since he was 18.  Self inflicted as it was his action.  But he's also been trying to heal that, I'm gonna acknowledge that he has and if I'm gonna hate him in the future it will have to be for a different reason.

IF you cheated on your girlfriend, and you were pained by it, and then you made strides to better yourself as a person and even got into a relationship with a woman and was remaining completely faithful to her and ya'll were in a 4 year relationship and about to get engaged, and everytime you went outside people kept saying "HEY LOOK! There's the cheater!!!" Or screaming "Oh be careful girl(to your woman) he's gonna cheat on you too!!"

At some point you need to stop caring about what people think and just continue to make strides cause if you continue to try to please them you'll drive yourself crazy.  Long as you know you'll never cheat again or that you're going to work hard as possible to never put yourself or someone you love through it again then it's all that matters and suddenly whether or not people actually believe you is pointless, cause you didn't become a better person for them, you made it for yourself.

But if their constant barraging was constantly butting into your relationship that you're trying to do well in, eventually you're gonna have enough and vent.

It's like Richard Pryor said

"People in positions to aid to success, know you want success, but never set you up for success, so that if you fail they sit on their high horse and say 'See? He was never anything anyway.' "

Edited by Majesty, August 08, 2013 - 02:03 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,017 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted August 08, 2013 - 05:47 AM

Illuminati too much for you, Chris? 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted August 08, 2013 - 06:38 AM

Quitting music has nothing to do with your past actions. At the end of the day, you're judged not based on your music, but on the person you are. Maybe if you did something good like donate money to foundations or visit sick kids in the hospital, maybe people would change their opinion on you.

#9 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,504 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Quitting music has nothing to do with your past actions. At the end of the day, you're judged not based on your music, but on the person you are. Maybe if you did something good like donate money to foundations or visit sick kids in the hospital, maybe people would change their opinion on you.

Even if he were to donate a large sum of money and visit hospitals regardless people will still judge him for what he did in the past and will restate the incident.  Unfortunately that's just how it is when you live a successful life and are placed on a pedestal because you are a superstar.   When you do things right people hear about it and move on, but when you do something wrong you'll never hear the end of it.

That's our modern day media for you.  Newspapers, news articles, magazines, television, everything revolves around false rumors for hits and celebrity gossip, those are what hit the headlines rather than the more important things which is very unfortunate.

Edited by lakers1o1, August 08, 2013 - 10:52 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#10 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,062 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:11 AM

he took responsibility a long long time ago, apologized countless times and donated the proceeds of his concerts to battered womens foundations and founded one that still runs to this day.

No idea what else he has to do to please people.  Fail most likely since no one that complains about him actually does any research to find out what he's actually done to atone for his mistakes.   I guess if we act like he never did those things we could just keep constantly hating him for the same mistake and ignoring all the things he's attempted to do to atone. 

While people like Charlie Sheen, Sean Penn and James Brown gets passes for what they did despite most being repeat offenders.  I seriously don't know how in this righteous society we now live in Sean Penn still gets awards and jobs in Hollywood when he tried to murder Madonna with a baseball bat and actually almost did.   Or how Charlie Sheen gets press for the way he acts and gets laughed at when he brags about the times he's shot his wife....  I guess if their actions are swept under the rug and some out and out enhanced to add to their money making character that they can constantly go along and their career goes uncompromisable.

But Chris who made a terrible mistake when he was 18, and was subsequently made the poster child for domestic violence no matter what he does, has been trying to atone for that mistake every day of his career since then and people still act like he never apologized or never did anything positive.  When in reality if they did their research they'd realize they were wrong.  BUT if they do their research then they'd have to acknowledge it, and then it wouldn't be as easy to say "he's done nothing to show he's sorry" and they'd have to acknowledge that they just didn't like him in the first place, regardless of how many strides he made.  Which is fine, I just wish people would admit it rather than acting holier than thou like the kid is the worst thing in the world.

He's said and shown how sorry he is for the past few years since he was 18 and hasn't been a repeat offender as well as making strides in the community as well as founding an organization against it as well as doing work in the inner cities for kids in terrible situations.   

If you still hate him after that then more power to you, but to act like he's done NOTHING to atone is just incorrect.  Acknowledging that he's done a lot to try to atone for the mistake he made but admitting you still hate him is fine too.  No need to act like you hate him cause he's done nothing.  You hate him cause you hate him and will hold that mistake over his head for the rest of his life. But you don't hate him because he's done nothing to show he's sorry.  And before you say "he hasn't satisfied ME enough!"

The truth is he never will because of how you already feel about him.

In other news, I doubt he quits music, he's probably just venting.  Which of course isn't allowed if it's someone we dislike.

And if you want an anti-violence song here you go(which he filmed with actual Bloods & Crips)

If you want music that puts women in a positive light or isn't about [expletive]ing them and is more about serenading them here you go.

And as with every artist out there I'm sure you could find songs out there about sex too.  But if you're so critical about positive music there you go.  Two singles off his next album =p

Is he innocent? Heck no.  But to act like he's never tried to atone or never put something positive out means you never did your research.  Probably because you're content to hate him regardless, which is fine as you have every right to feel that way.   Just as I have right ot acknowledge the good things he actually has done since then.   he got a ways to go but long as he makes strides I'm not gonna hate him for putting forth effort or succeeding. 

Not more than I hate those that are praised and are repeat offenders and never get that standard held above their head that he has had to endure since he was 18.  Self inflicted as it was his action.  But he's also been trying to heal that, I'm gonna acknowledge that he has and if I'm gonna hate him in the future it will have to be for a different reason.

IF you cheated on your girlfriend, and you were pained by it, and then you made strides to better yourself as a person and even got into a relationship with a woman and was remaining completely faithful to her and ya'll were in a 4 year relationship and about to get engaged, and everytime you went outside people kept saying "HEY LOOK! There's the cheater!!!" Or screaming "Oh be careful girl(to your woman) he's gonna cheat on you too!!"

At some point you need to stop caring about what people think and just continue to make strides cause if you continue to try to please them you'll drive yourself crazy.  Long as you know you'll never cheat again or that you're going to work hard as possible to never put yourself or someone you love through it again then it's all that matters and suddenly whether or not people actually believe you is pointless, cause you didn't become a better person for them, you made it for yourself.

But if their constant barraging was constantly butting into your relationship that you're trying to do well in, eventually you're gonna have enough and vent.

It's like Richard Pryor said

"People in positions to aid to success, know you want success, but never set you up for success, so that if you fail they sit on their high horse and say 'See? He was never anything anyway.' "

I see what you are saying but I am biased due to many parts of my family almost losing their life because of an abusive person. The person who cheated/abused doesn't get to decide when all is forgiven. Sure, being in the spot light magnifies things, but 4 years isn't a very long time..in fact things can still be fresh in the minds of many. People didn't want to see chris brown fail before he beat the hell out of Rihana. You reap what you sow. Also, what time did he take away from the spotlight? how much time did he allow for healing? jail time doesn't count.

Edited by RobBlake, August 08, 2013 - 11:13 AM.

ap1.png

#11 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,504 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I see what you are saying but I am biased due to many parts of my family almost losing their life because of an abusive person. The person who cheated/abused doesn't get to decide when all is forgiven. Sure, being in the spot light magnifies things, but 4 years isn't a very long time..in fact things can still be fresh in the minds of many. People didn't want to see chris brown fail before he beat the hell out of Rihana. You reap what you sow. Also, what time did he take away from the spotlight? how much time did he allow for healing? jail time doesn't count.

I completely understand your perspective and standpoint but Chris Brown and Rihanna both found peace and even began dating again at one point... thats why I don't see why people should still be upset.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#12 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,062 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:47 PM

I completely understand your perspective and standpoint but Chris Brown and Rihanna both found peace and even began dating again at one point... thats why I don't see why people should still be upset.

Well, that is good for them and some point forgiveness is needed, but I don't think Chris should be saying he should be clear now. If it was 20 years from now.. yeah but the wound is still there

ap1.png

#13 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,677 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:48 PM

He can't expect people to forgive him, cuz there will always be haters specially with today's social media.

He needs to get right with himself, accept what he's done and move on. The only reason people still get to him has to be because he's still in the same mind set as when he did it.

2div

#14 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:50 PM

him and matt kemp both are ugly as crap

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 08, 2013 - 03:29 PM

He's done all that.   He donates the proceeds of his concerts to battered womens organizations, he founded one against domestic violence, he visited the inner cities and donated to the schools and the kids, and also hosted events and is currently trying to eradicate gang violence.

People refuse to acknowledge it.  

he's also been visiting kids as we;;. In fact here's one recently

And his founded organization Symphonic Love has donated to countless charities

here's another recent one

http://www.looktothe...ourage-for-kids

Wanna know why you never hear about this?  One he doesn't put it out there in the media, Two the media doesn't want to print anything positive about him,   Third, whenever he does something positive people always flock to it and say "Don't be fooled by his charity work!! he's still a scumbag!! blah blah blah"

It really doesn't matter what he does, people will hate him regardless and put that incident over his head cause they refuse to acknowledge anything positive.   That's why I said he needs to not care about what those people think as he'll never please them.

Fact is he made that kids wish come true and at the end of the day that's all that matters no matter how people want to bias and "interpret" it to spin to their negativity.  Those kind of people just hated him regardless and are gonna milk that one incident for all it's worth to keep their hate.  Cause if they give him credit for doing things then they'd have to ease up on their hate or they'd look like they were just "hating" for no moral reasons whatsoever.  Cause morality works both ways.  So they'd rather act like every positive thing he does is "fake" so that they can continue to hold on to that hatred. 

While they do that he's making strides, and I'm happy about that, I just want him to continue it.

Edited by Majesty, August 08, 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,003 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 08, 2013 - 04:19 PM

i always thought he was overrated anyway

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic