#21 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Best case scenario: 55-27 in regular season, 4-seed and championship.

Worst case scenario: 47-25 in regular season, 8-seed and 1st round exit.

My prediction: 51-31, 6-seed and WCF. The rest of the way is a bit of luck.

hey look, resonable expectations

#22 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,461 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Everyone underrates this team. ESPNs odds give the Lakers 1-100 and Dallas 1-40 chance of winning.

But there are a lot of IFs this season.

People are overrating this team to all hell. Wesley Johnson was a scrub and bust, Nick Young was a shot jacker and Chris Kaman was an old and slow big man until they came to the Lakers. Now it's all "Wesley will maximize his potential playing with Kobe, Nick Young won't suck, Kaman will post a double double, blah, blah, etc.". This team at best is a 7th seed and at worst a lottery team. 

#23 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Are you guys ITT forgetting who our head coach is still?

Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#24 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,616 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:55 AM

45 wins, 7th or 8th seed.

First round exit.

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

#25 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Anybody who think this team is a lottery team are just stupid. Lakers are not a lottery team. Get that into your heads!  We are just a middle of the road team.  Not bad enough to be in the lottery and not good enough to pass the second round.  I'm just hoping the Lakers will get rid of MDA sometime during the season. Don't care who sits on the bench but obviously very refreshing to see Rambo taking over during the season even if he will just be an interim.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#26 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,013 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 01:27 PM

If the Lakers won 50+ games, this season would be extremely successful.

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 10, 2013 - 08:27 PM

A lot is on HEALTH( vets)

If our vets are healthy, they can push the young guys.

I put a lot of this in how guys compliment each other(chemistry)

If Farmar Nick and Wes can look something like Bledsoe , Crawford and Barnes as a unit, and Hill grows. Kobe, Pau, Blake, Nash, Meeks and Kaman do them, we can win a title.

A lot of ifs

#28 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,700 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Realistically... This can win approx. 48-24
If they play like a team and not fake the fonk, they will be a fun team to watch. I don't see see a championship team though. Certainly not a gutter team. A bunch of guys playing for another contract.. could be a good thing or a bad thing. I see it as a good thing.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#29 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,220 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 11, 2013 - 12:20 AM

championship...

this is kobe...

even those years when the lakers traded shaq and it was dark, they went up 3-1 as a 7 seed vs the incompetent dantonie and defensive weak nash...d b

this team can win it all.

gasol needs to step up, and be the 2nd best player on the team and give 20/10 a night

#30 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,013 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 08:26 AM

championship...

this is kobe...

even those years when the lakers traded shaq and it was dark, they went up 3-1 as a 7 seed vs the incompetent dantonie and defensive weak nash...d b

this team can win it all.

gasol needs to step up, and be the 2nd best player on the team and give 20/10 a night

True, but the competition nowadays is much tougher. Especially with these "young superteams" forming everywhere. Faster point guards, younger superstars, and generally more talented/athletic players on the rosters of other teams, such as the Thunder, Warriors, Rockets, etc.

Edited by Clutch Factor, August 11, 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#31 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 12, 2013 - 12:40 AM

A lot is on HEALTH( vets)

If our vets are healthy, they can push the young guys.

I put a lot of this in how guys compliment each other(chemistry)

If Farmar Nick and Wes can look something like Bledsoe , Crawford and Barnes as a unit, and Hill grows. Kobe, Pau, Blake, Nash, Meeks and Kaman do them, we can win a title.

A lot of ifs

True. Health is really the biggest IF this season. If we have a healthy Kobe, Nash and Pau and their game is close to what it was in 11-12, i think we'll win more than people expect. However, for us do anything of significance, i think we need 1-2 or our role players to take a big step forward.

#32 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,077 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:52 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9560974

ESPN writers predict 12th for the Lakers.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#33 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Title. If Pau,Nash, and Kobe have career years and Phil comes, it's possible. But is this likely? NO. Realistically, 50-32 8th seed. But we are not really a lottery team.

#34 J2theR_LAL

J2theR_LAL

Rookie

• 318 posts
  • Name:Ismael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq.

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:50 PM

It all depends on how well the new comers play their roles imo. Our core players really need someone to make it easier on them and their bodies. I'm going to say we finish somewhere around 6th behind, LAC, SAS, OKC, GSW, and HOU, (idc what order) but come playoffs i think our team will play more united and actually compete, im not saying were gonna win it all, but don't be shocked if we make some moves mid season to help us become a real contender.

#35 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,013 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:24 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9560974

ESPN writers predict 12th for the Lakers.

12th is stretching it. They'll only be that low if they suffer an injury-laden season again.

#36 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:31 PM

43-39, get mauled in the 1st round.

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 14, 2013 - 04:35 AM

Lol at a 50-32 team getting the 8th seed...you realize thats usually a mid to high seed team?  Lakers aren't winning 50 in the west

Title. If Pau,Nash, and Kobe have career years and Phil comes, it's possible. But is this likely? NO. Realistically, 50-32 8th seed. But we are not really a lottery team.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#38 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,111 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 14, 2013 - 04:44 AM

Utah, Denver, OKC and the Grizzlies got worse or made no adjustments to make up for coming up short last year. Lakers were actually maybe the second team in the west to have an active off-season.  Other teams just been losing stuff and getting nothing in return.

San Antonio lost their assistants,
Denver lost Iggy and Karl... but got JJ Hickson and Nate Robinson....um...
Memphis lost their coach and solved their lack of perimeter offense by signing...Mike Miller...???
OKC lost Martin, signed no one.
Utah got worse..if at all possible and lost Al Jefferson as well as Paul Milsap and Mo Williams
Mavs stayed the same, but signed Monta Ellis... not gonna do it..
Rockets added Dwight, but lost Delfino.

The only teams that have made any noise in the West this off-season have been the Clippers, the Lakers and the Rockets.   The East has made a LOT of noise all around.  But the west has been pretty docile in terms of off-season moves.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#39 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:49 AM

LIke many others have said, the ceiling is probably not too high, but what is their floor?

From ESPNs obsession with retarded rankings there are 12 teams projected to win >43 games, 9 teams projected to win 36-40 games (including the Lakers) and 9 that are projected to win 33 or less.

It's hard for me to see the Lakers winning less than 35 games, which is a problem, since we'll end up out of the playoffs with a pick in the 10-14 area. Chad Ford wrote that the draft had 7 sure-fire all stars (according to scouts) and when the draft is that good, i think we could see a lot of teams tanking - even good teams that potentially could make a push this season.

I really think the Lakers should be carefull on how they approach this season and if i'm Mitch i would make sure that the team is either headed for the playoffs, or not. Come january, if we're not a few games over .500, i would pull the plug and start dealing.

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 14, 2013 - 06:21 AM

I think a lot of it hinges on what Kobe will look like when he gets back.  Most people that aren't Lakers fans or objective about his situation aren't buying the opening day thing.  Phil didn't even buy it.  The part that keeps getting overlooked is how good will Kobe be at 35 even if he comes back off an achilles injury? He could really have lost a serious step.

So if the average projection of a comeback off that injury reigns true Kobe won't be totally normal until mid to late Dec.  How good do you think this team can be without Kobe in the lineup or him dominating for that matter.  Guys want Kobe to be able to take it easy but in the other hand want him to be able to come back and dominate games.  We won't be able to get both.

Can a lineup of Pau, Hill, Wes, Young, Nash w/ Hill, Farmar, Blake, Meeks off the bench win the first say 10 out of 17 games? (opening day til end of NOV)  That leaves 65 games with Kobe to win lets say 35 out of 65 to win 45 games or so.  Not mention working him back into the lineup.  They start the year off 0-3 again

http://espn.go.com/n...-angeles-lakers

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users