Photo

Michael Beasley released, will Lakers take a look? (Pg. 23)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
636 replies to this topic

#601 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,359 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:51 PM

Heat got em.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#602 vmann

vmann

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Name:nick
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bean bryant

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:55 PM

i'm officially bummed! would have been great in the d'antoni system for a year. oh well. do we now sign landry?

#603 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:58 PM

As was reported.  Heat were interested in Beasley, despite what the "Ding of Miami" said ;)

He gets a training camp invite.  Good, I hope he does well which I'm sure he will in camp.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#604 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,983 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:01 PM

As expected. Good fit for him. LeBron and Wade will be on his butt. I really didn't see him falling to the Lakers. Good for him. Time to move on
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#605 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:04 PM

Damn Mitch

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#606 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,354 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:06 PM

before all of you guys throw hissy fits, and wet your pull ups, Relax. Beasley wouldn't make or break our team

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#607 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Landry is on the team for a camp invite.  Good chance IMO. 

i'm officially bummed! would have been great in the d'antoni system for a year. oh well. do we now sign landry?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#608 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:15 PM

before all of you guys throw hissy fits, and wet your pull ups, Relax. Beasley wouldn't make or break our team

Beasley is a 3 we could have used as well as a scorer.

Understand that Miami just added a 24 year old capable of getting his own shot and going off for 30 and put him on the same team with LeBron James making life THAT much easier for him diminishing his role just enough.

Beasley may well win 6th man of the year.

It ain't freaking Battier out there looking just to hit corner 3s, it's Beasley who could allow LeBron or Wade to sit for extended periods with his own scoring. 

This is of course if he has his mind right through training camp.

Heat just pretty much ensured a 3rd finals appearance if everyone remains healthy.  They just added a 24 year old pure scorer on the team who will make his life made 10 times easier by LeBron and will get open looks all day.

The thought that Beasley WON'T make an impact on the Heat is a fantasy.

#609 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,354 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'm not saying he will or wont, I just hate when our fanbase goes off on Mitch for no reason at all

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#610 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:31 PM

I agree, the fact that he didn't sign here isn't necessarily Mitch's fault.  Hell maybe he just wanted to ride his way to a ring. 

I'm not saying he will or wont, I just hate when our fanbase goes off on Mitch for no reason at all

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 11, 2013 - 01:32 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#611 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:34 PM

I agree, the fact that he didn't sign here isn't necessarily Mitch's fault.  Hell maybe he just wanted to ride his way to a ring. 

Would be funny if he Ebanks'd it.

But I don't see that happening.  Especially with Haslem there.

#612 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Beasley is a 3 we could have used as well as a scorer.

Understand that Miami just added a 24 year old capable of getting his own shot and going off for 30 and put him on the same team with LeBron James making life THAT much easier for him diminishing his role just enough.

Beasley may well win 6th man of the year.

It ain't freaking Battier out there looking just to hit corner 3s, it's Beasley who could allow LeBron or Wade to sit for extended periods with his own scoring. 

This is of course if he has his mind right through training camp.

Heat just pretty much ensured a 3rd finals appearance if everyone remains healthy.  They just added a 24 year old pure scorer on the team who will make his life made 10 times easier by LeBron and will get open looks all day.

The thought that Beasley WON'T make an impact on the Heat is a fantasy.

I do agree that adding beasley will help the heat but it won't solve the rebounding problem which I think is very important. The Pacers who seems like the right team to beat the heat have Hibbert who is still improving. They also have Granger back and added Luis Scola. I don't see the Heat beating Pacers if Greg Oden doesn't turn out to be the guy that can solve their problem.

• 40,604 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:36 PM

tumblr_mjmeot6Wbv1rqf5p6o2_400.gif

yo.

#614 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:37 PM

He's probably going to get the Rashard treatment.  Beasley won't come close to winning anything close to 6th man tho.  The year he put up that 19PPG he had one of the worst PER's for guys that avg those numbers, and put up 17FG per game in 33MPG.  Not to mention the team won 24 games I believe.  It starts with him finding a niche and getting focused.  I wouldn't bet on it though.

Would be funny if he Ebanks'd it.

But I don't see that happening.  Especially with Haslem there.

#615 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:39 PM

He's probably going to get the Rashard treatment.  Beasley won't come close to winning anything close to 6th man tho.  The year he put up that 19PPG he had one of the worst PER's for guys that avg those numbers, and put up 17FG per game in 33MPG.  Not to mention the team won 24 games I believe.  It starts with him finding a niche and getting focused.  I wouldn't bet on it though.

Beasley will be Miami's JR Smith.  And when your 6th man is Beasley and not Ray Allen or Battier.  Things change.

#616 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:40 PM

I agree but I think a lot of what is going to dictate the Heat's success this year is how Wade looks.  If he is anything like last year especially during the playoffs they are toast vs the Pacers.  I think this is the year the Pacers mature.  They have taken 2 ass whoopings and a close loss in the 3rd year since coming on.  They pretty much upgraded all over their bench.  Scola, Copeland and Gibson are much better players than Psycho T, Young and DJ Augustin

I do agree that adding beasley will help the heat but it won't solve the rebounding problem which I think is very important. The Pacers who seems like the right team to beat the heat have Hibbert who is still improving. They also have Granger back and added Luis Scola. I don't see the Heat beating Pacers if Greg Oden doesn't turn out to be the guy that can solve their problem.

#617 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:42 PM

I disagree. JR Smith is better player than Beasley.  We have his whole career to suggest my opinion on him is much more of a reality than yours.  Beasley has yet to fit any team's concept.  He's a stretch 4 with the mind of a 2guard.  That doesn't fit anywhere. 

Beasley will be Miami's JR Smith.  And when your 6th man is Beasley and not Ray Allen or Battier.  Things change.

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 11, 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#618 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted September 11, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Knew he wasn't come here but damn Heat? Same heat that give you away for 2 second round picks. Heat gotten better though. Glad he is on a team tho.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#619 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:08 PM

Say again?

There isnt any news that anybody has interest in Beasley at this point. Honestly doubt that any team touches him right now that has something to lose. OKC doesn't need the added BS, Heat maybe and I just dont see the Lakers making a move on him. I could be wrong but don't post news that isn't there. Enough credible sources out there.

#620 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted September 11, 2013 - 02:12 PM

Looks like those reports were not bullsheet. SMFH we should have got him

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users